PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was very informal. It was one on one first with the store manager then with the customer service manager. They only asked a few questions. Was hired on the spot. Suppose there's not a lot they need to know about you beyond your previous work history and impression.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Mostly listened to other two managers complain about current and past employees, they were both dressed in dirty tan pants. Wanted to be sure new manager hired could fire some employees.

Interview Questions

• Are there any animals your not comfortable with.   1 Answer
    • How strong are your sales skill experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

I applied on a Thursday night and was called the next day asking when they could have me in for an interview. I walked in 5 minutes early the manager greeted me right away, saying they had just had a meeting and she had to clean up. She then told me to walk around a bit until and she would come find me when she was ready. We sat down in the dog training area, and she asked me situational questions. Then she got the other manager and he asked more about my situation, why I was applying, and if I had ever been late of missed work at my last job for any reason.

Interview Questions

• Why petsmart?   1 Answer
    • If you see someone standing in the leash and collar isle looking confused, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How far away do you live from this location?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed work for illness or been late for unexplained reasons to your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • What animals do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Supper brief, asked if I had pets and if I was willing to learn. Was tolled what I was going to be paid and asked my availability. Sent me to get a drug test. Next day I received my shirt and began the training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Chino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I met with the salon manager. She asked me a couple of questions, like why petsmart? Hours of availability? Why did you leave your previous job?How do you feel about teams? How do you feel about multitasking? Name a policy you didnt agree with. What kind of pet do you own? What breed is it? Besides feeding your dog, what types of grooming do you do? How do you clip her nails if she resists?. I thought i did well answering her questions and we got to a bit more of a conversation. After the interview, she showed me around and told me about how everything works in the salon and introduced me to the workers by name. I was told that I would be contacted within a week for a second interview. I ended up getting a call the next day and met the store manager the following day. My interview with him felt rushed. We bonded over college because his son was looking into the school i attended. He jumped right in to the questions. His questions where more situational. He asked me questions like why do you want to work in petsmart? What would you tell a nervous customer who is bringing her puppy for the first time? Name a time when a customer got mad and you had to calm her down. Name a time when you disagreed with an authority figure. There were more questions asked but I dont remember them all. Any who, the manager said that he will call and let me know in the next few days. Just a note: the interview with the salon manager was easy but with the store manager, it was difficult

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?   1 Answer
    • Besides feeding your dog, what kind of grooming do you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Easy stuff. Walked in sat down with two managers. They asked simple basic interview questions. After interview I was contacted immediately and offered job. One of the easiest interviews I have ever been involved in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Easy interview. The manager was very friendly and laid back. He mainly talked about himself and the company. He said to expect a phone call within the next week and he called me the next day saying I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was simple, got called and went for an interview. The interview was at the store location and i was told to wait and sit in a chair. I was called in and asked a few questions. The questions were not difficult and the person interviewing was the store manager. It was a good atmosphere overall.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Had a short interview. Clearly this position doesn't obtain many prospectors. Basic review of past work. Sent off for a drug test after the interview. Started work about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were off the table. Had to take the 9.14 that was offered or walk.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the job in December and then I got a call for an on-site interview (this call was also an HR phone screening call) in February. It was a standard interview. I met with 2 managers, 1 potential coworker, and HR. Everyone was nice and emphasis on work/life balance. Within a week, I got the offer to start in 2 weeks. This was prior to the layoffs and everyone seemed uncertain with the outlook of their jobs. I addressed this to HR and they assured me that I would be okay during the company layoffs. I took the offer because I see this as a transition job.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the ways you have dealt with a hostile coworker or manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When the offer letter was sent, I asked for 2k more and they matched what I asked for... I should've asked for more, but oh well.