PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.3

Associate Interview

Be prepared for at least two interviews. THe manager is using a interview guide. They are supposed to get you to role play on the sales floor. Do not go in and say how much you like puppies and kittens, you will not get hired. They want people that can SELL they want people that like pets. They do not want pet fanatics that are going to criticize every policy. They are looking for knowledge and sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell them how much you like to see the company make money and how much you like to help people find solutions for their pets. Tell them how you want to grow with the company   View Answer
    You are going to get what they can give. There is very little wiggle room. Upper management has to approve anything outside of guidelines and in the current PetSmart environment this will not happen. They wil simply make you an offer. Accept it or they will move on.

Professional Bather Interview

It was very easy i was in for about an hour talking. Questions are basic run of the mill questions. The application took the most time it was annoying.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Received a call on Friday asking me to come in on Monday for orientation. This is my second time being called in for their orientation. Typically, you're called in with a group of half a dozen or more applicants and you're brought into a little room with a number of chairs. You're handed print-outs of your most recent application and you're walked through the available positions by a couple of managers. Throughout the process you're given an opportunity to ask questions. They explained that multiple interviews are conducted before you can be hired. Applicants looking for short-term positions are weeded out. You must be able to speak English to make it through the hiring process (even in South Florida, where Spanish is the more commonly spoken language). Orientation, at least at this PetSmart location, is the first step of the hiring process. If they are interested in pursuing you further, you'll get a call within an allotted time-frame. If not, you get the picture.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. Orientation is more about going over the available positions and discussing their duties than anything.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

interviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Very pleasant and simple interview. Asked some questions about schooling, available hours, and some answers from the application. There were a few questions along the lines of "Describe a time..." involving difficult decisions, a time you didn't have an answer, and others. This was my first job interview, and I was offered the position on the spot. My manager said that her other managers trust her, so I must have made a good first impression. I just went in, explained why I wanted to work with animals and it went well. Just did the drug testing a few days ago and should head in for training soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't have the answer to a question. Describe a time you had a new experience with a customer.   Answer Question
    Starting me off a little over minimum wage, paying $9.50 (minimum wage in WA is $9.32) and was told I will receive increases with time. This is my first job so it works for me.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online, it took about a hour to complete the app. Then got a call about 2 weeks later asking if I could come in the very day for a interview. Rush up there had the interview with a manger, she asked basic questions and said she loved me and that i was hire just needed to have a 2nd interview with the store mangers. That interview went pretty fast he told me my starting wages and gave me the address to get the drug test done. The whole thing took about 4 weeks. I love working for Petsmart!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? If a pet parent needed a harness how would go about helping them?   View Answer
    He asked it $8 was okay, I didn't mind that amount at the time and said yes. easy going.

Buyer Technician Interview

Behavior Interviewing, while every single person from the merchandising department interviews you. There are several rounds for such a low paying job. They shouldnt take a $14 an hour job so serious.

there was none, you take what they give you

Bather and Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

I got a call 3 days after I submitted my application from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. So the next day I went in for an interview which was on a Saturday. I walked into the store exactly 2 minutes early.
    The interview was in a small room that serves as the office for the operations manager. I was in close proximity to both the manager and salon manager. They asked me very simple questions from their list and made me feel very comfortable. They asked me if I had any questions and I just asked simple questions about the store. They said they'd call me back for second interview with the operations manager. Overall, the first interview was great and lasted about 35-40 minutes.
    They didn't call me back so I called them on the following Friday. The manager said he had meant to call me but forgot. I was asked for a second interview on that coming Tuesday. So I went to meeting and again walked in 2 minutes early. I told an associate that I had a meeting with "........." the manager so they called them for me. The first 15-20 minutes was the interviewer asking me questions about my past experience and questions specific to the job. The next 30 minutes was the interviewer telling me all about the job in detail. They said they would call me.
    I hadn't called back a week later by the so I called the store and asked to speak with the manager and they said he wasn't in until the following day until after noontime. So I called the next day and was told they hadn't had a meeting yet to make hiring decisions.
    The next day I got a call being offered the job and I went that day to take drug test.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you disagreed with your employer?   View Answer
    I didn't need to. I was offered more than the amount of money I was looking for.

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

Applied online, followed up instore in person. Was called back for interview with Hotel manager. Took drug test. Was called back a week later for interview with store manager. Offered position.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

Quick process. Got a call back a few days after i submitted the application. Did a quick phone call interview and then scheduled an in person interview. The interview was easy but thrown off by a few questions. Was then offered the job and had to take the drug test. When i was called back for the drug test results we scheduled a day for me to come in and sign some paperwork. Was officially hired and began online training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a grooming a dog that is fighting, biting, barking and possibly vomiting and defecating from fright?   Answer Question

Grooming Assistant Interview

I interviewed online on Saturday and got a call about an interview offer on Tuesday. The next Monday I met with the Grooming Department manager. She was very nice and she didn't ask too many difficult questions (most of which seemed to be standard questions that corporate makes up when applications are submitted). I got to meet with some other groomers who were all very friendly. It was a good experience overall, but I lacked experience and she seemed to think that since I'm in school I wouldn't be interested in learning how to be a groomer in a few months.