PetSmart

2.3

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

It is almost impossible to prepare for this interview! I applied online and I had to call them to get an interview. I went in and the interview was really difficult. a lot were typical questions but they ask you to give a lot of scenario answers. If you do not have experience retailing to people and currently own a dog you are not going to have any idea what to say in this interview. they picked out a random item in the store and asked me to try to sell it. I was told the interview went really well and I was scheduled to come in for my second one the next day. the second one went over more scenarios like how would you comfort a dog owner who is unsure to leave there pet there. he had me talk to the salon manager too. they want people who want to become groomers so sell how much you want to be a groomer. If you don't really love dogs this is not the job for you. they told me you will get pooped on, peed on, possibly bit, and will be soaking wet and covered in hair all the time. I was told they would review my first interview and I should get a call in two days. three days have passed and I still haven't got a call and this is the second petsmart that has done this to me. I thought I did really well in the interview and I have no idea why I didn't an offer. they really make you jump through hoops for a job that isn't really that great and doesn't pay that well. I honestly just wanted them to send me to the grooming school for free

Interview Questions
    • I'm unsure to leave my pet in the salon, tell me how you would comfort me   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

I applied online, I got a call back the next day to set up an interview time. I went in the next day for my interview, the manager was very nice and understanding that this was my first interview ever. She asked lots of explain a time questions, she had me sell her a dog leash and other basic questions about myself. She said I would get a call back within a week. I never did. So finally I decided to call the store myself and see what the status was, then they told me they decided to go with someone who had more experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where completely disagreed with an business policy.   Answer Question

Pet Products Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

If you need a job in less than a month, this might not be the place for you. I applied multiple times at different locations and finally got a call back after about two months. Came in for an interview which was very laid back. I got a very good feel, but yet still hadn't heard anything after almost a week. I gave the store manager a call and she told me the position was not available because of restructuring. No sour feelings so I applied at a different location. Got an interview about a week later and behold the store manager I interviewed with worked there. Second interview with her presentation manager was a little more standard but still not difficult. Got an offer for 13$/hour next day (of course I was told they had a beyond urgent need so... ).

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult as long as you're prepared. Role playing was the most difficult since I hate those scenarios.   Answer Question
    Might've been able to negotiate, but was offered 13$ on the spot and was tired of my job so I took it. Considering it's entry level, it's nit bad compared to what majority of companies pay.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

I applied online on 11/1 for a new store that was opening up. A few hrs later I got an email saying I passed the prescreening assessment. Then on 11/6 I got a call to set up an interview for 11/13. It was a fairly easy interview and took place in the dog training area. There was no "Describe a time when..." questions, but it was focused heavily on customer service. The whole interview took about 25min. On 11/18 I got the call asking if I was still interested, I have to complete the drug test within 24hr of the call and my starting pay is $8.50.

Associate Interview

Be prepared for at least two interviews. THe manager is using a interview guide. They are supposed to get you to role play on the sales floor. Do not go in and say how much you like puppies and kittens, you will not get hired. They want people that can SELL they want people that like pets. They do not want pet fanatics that are going to criticize every policy. They are looking for knowledge and sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell them how much you like to see the company make money and how much you like to help people find solutions for their pets. Tell them how you want to grow with the company   View Answer
    You are going to get what they can give. There is very little wiggle room. Upper management has to approve anything outside of guidelines and in the current PetSmart environment this will not happen. They wil simply make you an offer. Accept it or they will move on.

Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview with the Store Manager and District Manager. You apply online and may or may not get a call back. If you are sure that you are a fit for the position, go into the store and ask for the Op or Store manager, politely introduce yourself and what position you applied. Be confident, but not cocky, and make sure to tell them you just wanted to put a face to the name. It may take time for you to get the 1st interview, but if that happens a DM interview should take place within 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • That has been years ago. But typically they are looking for love of animals, people who do not call out sick, have great customer service skills and can multi task an assortment of tasks or problems without getting fustrated. Understand that this may vary by each store and their DM.   Answer Question
    I accepted the wage they offered

Professional Bather Interview

It was very easy i was in for about an hour talking. Questions are basic run of the mill questions. The application took the most time it was annoying.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

interviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Very pleasant and simple interview. Asked some questions about schooling, available hours, and some answers from the application. There were a few questions along the lines of "Describe a time..." involving difficult decisions, a time you didn't have an answer, and others. This was my first job interview, and I was offered the position on the spot. My manager said that her other managers trust her, so I must have made a good first impression. I just went in, explained why I wanted to work with animals and it went well. Just did the drug testing a few days ago and should head in for training soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't have the answer to a question. Describe a time you had a new experience with a customer.   Answer Question
    Starting me off a little over minimum wage, paying $9.50 (minimum wage in WA is $9.32) and was told I will receive increases with time. This is my first job so it works for me.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Received a call on Friday asking me to come in on Monday for orientation. This is my second time being called in for their orientation. Typically, you're called in with a group of half a dozen or more applicants and you're brought into a little room with a number of chairs. You're handed print-outs of your most recent application and you're walked through the available positions by a couple of managers. Throughout the process you're given an opportunity to ask questions. They explained that multiple interviews are conducted before you can be hired. Applicants looking for short-term positions are weeded out. You must be able to speak English to make it through the hiring process (even in South Florida, where Spanish is the more commonly spoken language). Orientation, at least at this PetSmart location, is the first step of the hiring process. If they are interested in pursuing you further, you'll get a call within an allotted time-frame. If not, you get the picture.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. Orientation is more about going over the available positions and discussing their duties than anything.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

I got a call two days after I applied online to come in for an interview the next day. During the interview the manager just asked me basic questions and then took me out to the floor to test my "selling ability". She handed me a product and asked me to read the instructions for it while she went to grab another associate. She has that associate pretend to be a customer and had me "sell" the product to her. She then told me I did well, took me back to the office and told me I had to go pass my drug test in the next 24 hours and I had the job if I did.

No negotiation.