PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.3

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Mason, OH).

Interview

Interview went well, I was already a cashier petsmart sent me to grooming school... Overall working for petsmart wasn't horrible till the end. They went through many store managers within our new store within a few months, towards the end of my career with petsmart they had FIRED every manager and employee that had been there very long time and well over 10 years! And it was all set up to be done that way!

Interview Questions

• Is there any animal you don't enjoy working with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Abingdon, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

When they called me to schedule the interview they said 10:30. I showed up at 10:25 and they told me I was late. They were really nice, told me this was a better time anyway. I went back with the salon manager and she asked me questions before the operational manager came in to ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a team who works very independently?   1 Answer
    • I complain that my dog is very dry. Sell me a dog shampoo.   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I went right in, about 10 minutes before my interview, told the cashier that I was there for an interview & she directed me to the manager. Manager was very friendly, I shook his hand, introduced myself, & he lead me to the office where my interview was to be held. There, I met another manager, she was very sweet & funny as well.

Interview Questions

• Are there any specific animals that you would have a problem handling?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with animals in the past?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any pets?   1 Answer
    • What kind of small animals/reptiles/exotic animals have you handled?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work at different positions around the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $9.00 to start, since I had previous work experience & experience handling money since they might've been putting me as a cashier sometimes. The manager told me they typically like to start associates off at $8.25 & then depending on your performance, you get raises after your first three months, then again at six, then a year, and so on. I settled for $8.25 since this was a job I really wanted. I just love working with animals, I would've even settled for minimum wage. I still stand by my decision to settle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When I got there the manger was at lunch so I had to wait. For ten min when she got there. She was friendly n nice. The interview was easy n calm. They went threw what It takes to be a bather what to expect n how to act. To tales to the manger n the assistant manager on the same day. I believe what got me the job was when I told them that I wanted to be a groomer. After that I was handed to job. I also did my job test the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do u feel about being bitten   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied online and had a call back for the first interview phase with 4 days. Met with manager and also pet care manager, passed that interview and met with assistant manager the next day. Passed that and did the drug test, after that was completed I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation/irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. The pay grades are fairly set across the board.

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Big waste of time. I feel the interviewers main goal was to lure me away from the job as he kept telling me terrible stories that have happened to people and telling me he couldn't even last a full day back there. Also, told me the people to work with in the grooming salon were terrible. He even brought the salon manager and store manager in to tell me the exact same things. I kept being scrutinized on my size as he didn't think I would be strong enough to lift some of the dogs. The lack of professionalism turned me away from the job more than their gruesome stories or anything else. I am relieved I didn't get a call back!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got there 15 mins early and the interviewers seemed happy I was prompt. The interview was relaxed and only took about 15 mins. I was interviewed by the salon manager and the store manager together. They made me feel comfortable instead of nervous. I know the salon manager liked me, but the store manager was a little harder to read. I was told I will be contacted in the next week or two to let me know if I need to come in for the second interview. I am hopeful that the interview went well and I will get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob. I received a call from the Stock manager about two weeks later asking for an interview the next day. I arrived ten minutes early and was asked to walk the store a little bit because one of the cashiers was late. After ten or so minutes the manager came and got me. We went into a back office and began the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Bel Air, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Took about 20 minutes. In and out. Easy questions, with a very personable manager. Great interview experience. Didn't descriminate at all about my job gap or lack of license. Process pushed me right through. I was answered honestly and in full. I was accepted for a second interview, which was just turned into a drug test, the whole process took only a few weeks. I was quickly responded to.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working with all kinds of animals?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with any managers? If so how did you resolve your disagreement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after I applied and asked me to come in a few days later to be interviewed. When I arrived there were seven other candidates waiting, and one interviewer joined us shortly after. It was a fairly easygoing interview - quite conversational (interviewer was very friendly). Each of us were asked four or five questions. The whole thing took 45 minutes maximum. I was happy for the opportunity for interview practice, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it was clear that they were looking for someone with considerable retail experience, and that wasn't in my background.