PetSmart Interview Questions

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online, it took about a hour to complete the app. Then got a call about 2 weeks later asking if I could come in the very day for a interview. Rush up there had the interview with a manger, she asked basic questions and said she loved me and that i was hire just needed to have a 2nd interview with the store mangers. That interview went pretty fast he told me my starting wages and gave me the address to get the drug test done. The whole thing took about 4 weeks. I love working for Petsmart!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? If a pet parent needed a harness how would go about helping them?   View Answer
    He asked it $8 was okay, I didn't mind that amount at the time and said yes. easy going.

Buyer Technician Interview

Behavior Interviewing, while every single person from the merchandising department interviews you. There are several rounds for such a low paying job. They shouldnt take a $14 an hour job so serious.

there was none, you take what they give you

Bather and Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

I got a call 3 days after I submitted my application from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. So the next day I went in for an interview which was on a Saturday. I walked into the store exactly 2 minutes early.
    The interview was in a small room that serves as the office for the operations manager. I was in close proximity to both the manager and salon manager. They asked me very simple questions from their list and made me feel very comfortable. They asked me if I had any questions and I just asked simple questions about the store. They said they'd call me back for second interview with the operations manager. Overall, the first interview was great and lasted about 35-40 minutes.
    They didn't call me back so I called them on the following Friday. The manager said he had meant to call me but forgot. I was asked for a second interview on that coming Tuesday. So I went to meeting and again walked in 2 minutes early. I told an associate that I had a meeting with "........." the manager so they called them for me. The first 15-20 minutes was the interviewer asking me questions about my past experience and questions specific to the job. The next 30 minutes was the interviewer telling me all about the job in detail. They said they would call me.
    I hadn't called back a week later by the so I called the store and asked to speak with the manager and they said he wasn't in until the following day until after noontime. So I called the next day and was told they hadn't had a meeting yet to make hiring decisions.
    The next day I got a call being offered the job and I went that day to take drug test.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you disagreed with your employer?   View Answer
    I didn't need to. I was offered more than the amount of money I was looking for.

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

Applied online, followed up instore in person. Was called back for interview with Hotel manager. Took drug test. Was called back a week later for interview with store manager. Offered position.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

I applied online for a groomer position. I got an email a week later saying I passed the "pre-assessment" test that I took online, and 3 days later I got a call from the Salon Manager to come in for an interview. I got there 20 mins early and walked around the store until about 10 till. I asked for the manager, and then went into an office where the interview was held. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my previous work experience. I explained that the only grooming experience I had was what I did on my own pomeranian. She explained that it would start out part time with pay between $8-$8.25 and it included bathing, nails, and ear cleaning, and that your "promotions" are based off how quickly and great you perform your duties. Then you go into a 4 week program where you will be trained by a certified groomer to become a groomer. . which will then be a full time position and pay was based on commission. :) I wouldnt suggest looking into this job unless it is something you are passionate about. I love dogs, and I am very excited. She handed me a drug test form, which I go take tomorrow, and she will receive it next week and call me to put me in the computer as an employee!!!! So Im pretty sure I have the job.

**They are looking for people who are mainly looking long time and are passionate about what they do. . so SELL yourself and how much you look forward to working with animals and on a team. :)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a little about myself and my previous work experience.   View Answer
    Offer not in stone yet but waiting on drug test results...........(:

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at PetSmart.

I called in to the PM at which I wanted a job and asked to speak to the MOD (MANAGER ON DUTY). When he answered, I asked if they had any position openings and if so which ones. I found out they had an opening for the Cashier position, and so I asked if there was a time that I could come and apply. Nowadays, I would bring a Resume, but at the time I was in High School and I didn't think to do that. So I went in (looking professional) and asked the cashier (being friendly and polite) if she could point me in the direction of the MOD. She paged him up and we chatted for a bit about my knowledge, interests, schedule, etc. I will say that even now, years later, that Manager was a spectacular guy. He made me feel at ease and yet was very professional. After our talk, he asked me to fill out an application, but due to my experience with animal training, he also recommended that I apply for another position as well.

Have a few contacts prepared as references, they will call them. Ask the contacts if they are willing to be your reference BEFORE going into the interview or writing them down. (As a reference for some people, I feel less flustered if I know the call is coming, and I can already have things in mind to say about the person.)

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you will be wanting to work for us? (Is this a summer job or a long term deal?)   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online, got a call a couple days later to set a time for an interview that we set after the weekend. I went in and was surprised that they asked pretty difficult questions that I wasn't prepared for, nor did I have the experience to give a proper answer (it would've been my first job). They had me answer questions one on one with two people, they switched places after the first finished. The reason I say the interview is average is because I wasn't prepared, but I could see it being an easy interview if you were prepared.

Interview Questions
    • It was a lot of 'describe a time you did this' type questions.   Answer Question

Pet Trainer Instructor Interview

I was interviewed by both managers and was asked about my background with dogs. One of the managers was very nice and gauged my personality while the other manager looked at very technical things. I arrived a few minutes early and it seemed to make a good impression.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Had first interview with the store manager, which was very easy and relaxed. He told me that they recently had fire a few employees that were slacking and were looking for people who really cared about their jobs. He asked me to come in for an interview with the Pet Care manager the next day.

My second interview was a bit harder, but still pretty relaxed and I was asked to answer a few situational questions. He gave me the forms for the drug test at the end of the interview and basically if I pass the drug test they'll call me and give me the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Try to sell me all the supplies I'd need for a rabbit and give me some information on them."   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

Well i had a good experience with the interview process. The store manager was really fun and laid back and made you feel really comfortable about everything. Then i had to meet with another store manager a week later where she was the opposite of the first manager but still a great interview. Petsmart process for some takes really long and they lose good candidates because of the slow process. My process took maybe 2 to 3 weeks only because they really liked me and said they didn't want this process to be slow so they actually went in and did everything to get me in there. Overall, it was a good process and the people seem genuine. I start next week and hope it'll be a great job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Unless you never worked with pets a question for me was, "What would you do if a dog was injured or died while in the custody of petsmart."   View Answer
    I was offered 50k so i didn't negotiate because i thought it was a fair an offer and above the average of 47k.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!