PetSmart

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online and was called a week later for an interview. Interview process with the hiring manager was laid back and I was called back again to set up the second interview with the store manager before I am to be hired. Seems very enjoyable work environment with room to move up.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple questions: Tell me about yourself, Why PetSmart, and try to sell this box cutter to me.   Answer Question
    I was offered a second interview (still in the process)

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

The manager I was interviewed by was very friendly and down to earth. We just talked and he asked me the basic questions that are required. It went very well.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Did application online. Application consists of a basic competency test. Was called about 10 minutes after I placed application. Two phases of interviews. First phase was just basic questions like what's your background, why do you want to work here. Second phase was situational questions like what would you do if something happened. Very easy. Come dressed in nice clothes but not business-like. Be on time.

Interview Questions
    • The manager grabbed a random item, handed it to me, and said, "Sell this item to me."   Answer Question

Pet Care Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PetSmart.

It really depends on the person giving the interview. Most of the time the store is in such need of employees the interview is poorly conducted due to emergency staffing issues. Questions concerning your ability to work with a team and follow rules are very important

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart.

Started with a recruitment phone call and took about 4 months. The calls were easy and definitely not challenging, they used typical situational questions which are getting very old. I say this because any intelligent person can come up with a scenario quickly on what they're looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a dog lost it's life in your store?   Answer Question

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in January 2015.

I arrived at my local petsmart for my interview at around 6pm and it was with the grooming salon manager. I was a little nervous but it went well and she was very nice and it was pretty simple easy questions like "why petsmart", "tell me about yourself" etc.
    They do warn you that is a fast pace job and not glamorous at all so if your not a BIG animal lover it's probably not for you. Once the interview was done she told me the store manager would call me in 1 to 2 weeks and he called me 3 days later saying he wanted me to come in for an interview with the next day. Everyone's nice and overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all the other positions in the store why bather?   Answer Question
    None needed

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

I was interviewed twice and both managers asked me the same basic questions: Why do you want to work here, what is your availability, are there any animals you aren't comfortable around.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in January 2015.

I applied for a cashier position online and got an email saying I passed the pre-screening assessment right after. About two weeks later I got a call asking if I was still interested in the job and if I could come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a few days later. The interview was in the managers office and pretty stress free. The manager was very nice and understanding and she was very excited when I told her I previously volunteered at the humane society to help with the animals. I was asked simple general questions, like what I did at my previous jobs, and what I liked the most and least about them. I was asked if I was interested in working any other positions as well, and since I had previous stocking experience I said that was an option. After having a short conversation about what I'd be doing I was told I would get a call in the next few days. The store manager then went and got the stocking manager who came and told with me very brief about more of what Id be doing. He again told me Id be getting a call. Four days later I got a call around noon where I was offered the job and asked to come get a form and go take a drug test (urine test). Two days later I got a call saying I was hired and to come in to set up a schedule and get my uniform.
    They do a great job at working around college schedules and seem to really care about their employees. Overall It was a very simple process.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous jobs?
      Are you familiar with the signs a dog shows? (aggression, in pain, scared, happy, etc)
      What was the thing you liked the most about your previous job and what was the thing you liked the least?

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because of my minimum experience, I start out at about fifty cent over minimum wage.

Analyst Interview

Questions will behavioral-based. They will mostly be stated in the form,"Tell me about a time when…" They are looking for you to explain the situation, action, and result. The questions are around the company success factor behaviors and they are trying to assess if you will be both a good cultural fit as well as a good fit for the particular role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do inspire a group of people around a common goal.   Answer Question
    No negotiating over salary. They say they give you their very best offer out of the gate so that you don't have to go through that process.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

I interviewed with the assistant manager and she asked me questions like do I have any pets am I a scared of any common pets people own or that they sale in the store.

none