PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was very informal. It was one on one first with the store manager then with the customer service manager. They only asked a few questions. Was hired on the spot. Suppose there's not a lot they need to know about you beyond your previous work history and impression.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Tucker, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in applying for a part time job in Pet care and the manager suggested that I train to become a pet groomer, which is now what I plan to do for employment. The entire process was very quick, and the store had a very friendly atmosphere, I felt very welcome, and I'm looking forward to my third and final interview later this week.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Albany, GA).

Interview

Group interview with 2 other candidates. Manager asked questions about experience with animals, and got to know our personalities. Was just an ok experience. Said she still had other candidates to interview as well.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Starts with a group interview with store leader and hiring manager. 4 candidates answer the same questions as they look for certain qualities. Had us do a skit to demonstrate our selling tactics and techniques.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager and another manager. They were very friendly and relaxed and asked me basic questions about the job. After asking some questions, they took me out on the floor and had me pretend to sell them pets and products. The interview portion was done in private in the break room.

Interview Questions

• I'm a mother of a ten-year-old boy. I'm looking for a first pet for my son. What would you recommend?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I got a call from the operations manager and scheduled an interview. When I went in, I interviewed with her and then with the store manager. A week later, they called me and asked me to come in and take the drug test. After that, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I usually shopped at PetSmart or PetCo for my animals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application. A few days later, I was called by the operations manager to come in for a "personality" interview. When I met him, he told me he doesn't ask typical interview questions. It was a fairly short interview. I showed up 15 minutes early, and we started right away. I was told at the start, "I can't teach you personality." I didn't get the job, so I guess I don't have personality according to him.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
    • In the past 18 months, what is an accomplishment you are proud of?   1 Answer

Animal Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Westminster, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal, but still professional. The manager who interviewed me was very kind and thoughtful, it felt like a regular conversation for the most part, there were a few standard questions that were asked, and I was asked to Role-play a certain scenario.

They normally two interviews and sometimes a third.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and it was difficult to get a vibe from the recruiter. In person interviews are much easier to connect with the interviewer. The recruiter was nice and kept thanking me for my answer which gave no indication that that was the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex issues that you were involved in and how did you manage through it?   1 Answer

Lead Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Basic questions asked (teamwork, faced with difficult situation, etc...) and it was very relaxed and not too formal. Definitely eases the situation when being interviewed. It was a one on one interview with the operations manager and after he told me I was hired, I was introduced to the pet care manager who was cleaning the tanks and had a quick "get to know each other" interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a positive impact out of a challenging situation.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If I had previous pet care experience.   1 Answer