PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.3

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

There was just 1 interview. We went over my resume and they asked questions trying to figure out my current knowledge of pet care. It was a fairly short process. Once hired, I was sent to take a drug test from a nearby company. After that, I spent a couple of days watching videos and filling out a workbook to help familiarize me with store and proper care of the pets they had for sale.

Interview Questions

• Nothing sticks out to me. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Very informal first interview. Just asked typical questions about background.

Interview Questions

Interview

very easy just put your able to work whenever and your pretty much be hired

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

Had three interviews each with managers then with general manager. Simple questions. Nothing too hard to answer. Just show interest in animals. Dress to impress as well. Drug test and background test consult given at last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with pet parent with aggressive dog?   Answer Question

Pet Groomer Interview

Interview

Sent application in onine then was called in for an interview with the store manager and salon manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offered 50% commission

Overnight Pet Hotel Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online and approximately a week later, I was invited in for the interview. During the interview, they wanted to gauge my level of comfort with animals in general and I would say there weren't any shocking questions thrown in my direction. We mostly went over the application that I had submitted.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to solve a complex problem in a short period of time?   Answer Question

Petcare Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date.
    Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Start with a interview with another store manager sometimes 2, Possible panel interview setting, interview with DM. Phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Looking for how you handle different situtations in your past.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was asked about my background, details about my past jobs and current jobs. I was asked to give my previous salaries. I was asked to explain challenges and strengths, and personality working with others. I was informed about the company benefits and perks. It's very tough to get a job at this company unless you know an internal employee well. That matters more than your experience.

Interview Questions

• None were especially difficult.   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

Pretty simple interview, although it came a good deal of time after I submitted the application (approximately two months). The majority of time was spent going over my resume, and utilizing that to draw questions. After that there were the 'scripted' questions, and of course the dreaded "What is your greatest weakness?"