PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Pet Groomer Interview

Interview

Sent application in onine then was called in for an interview with the store manager and salon manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offered 50% commission

Pet Products Manager Interview

Interview

very easy just put your able to work whenever and your pretty much be hired

Petcare Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date. Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Very informal first interview. Just asked typical questions about background.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Start with a interview with another store manager sometimes 2, Possible panel interview setting, interview with DM. Phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Looking for how you handle different situtations in your past.   Answer Question

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

• How many pets do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Push em hard and they will cave if your worth it.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

Pretty simple interview, although it came a good deal of time after I submitted the application (approximately two months). The majority of time was spent going over my resume, and utilizing that to draw questions. After that there were the 'scripted' questions, and of course the dreaded "What is your greatest weakness?"

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

Had three interviews each with managers then with general manager. Simple questions. Nothing too hard to answer. Just show interest in animals. Dress to impress as well. Drug test and background test consult given at last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with pet parent with aggressive dog?   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

There was just 1 interview. We went over my resume and they asked questions trying to figure out my current knowledge of pet care. It was a fairly short process. Once hired, I was sent to take a drug test from a nearby company. After that, I spent a couple of days watching videos and filling out a workbook to help familiarize me with store and proper care of the pets they had for sale.

Interview Questions

• Nothing sticks out to me. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online, called the next day by store manager. Set up an appointment for the following day, met with her, came back the following day and met operations manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to try and "sell" a clear tiny backpack to a "pet parent."   Answer Question