PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Newport, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

The Store manager interviewed me first then a few days later I had an interview with the assistant manager. Asked general questions about previous retail jobs and why I chose PetSmart to apply to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think PetSmart is a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Portland, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a month later, interviewed with the hotel manager, got a second interview with assistant manager. Was called the next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagreed with a policy?   1 Answer

Presentation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 2 days later from one out of about 5 locations I applied to. Set up 1 on 1 interview. Interview was with store manager and was given on the sales floor. Walked around and saw receiving. At the end, store manager said he would forward my information to other SMs in closer geographic regions and would call me later in the week. Never received call and business card did not include email

Interview Questions

• Why this location?
      What are your strengths? weaknesses?
      What looks familiar about our receiving?
      Why are these end caps displayed the way they are?
      Has a pet ever inspired you?

Answer Question

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Orchard Park, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Incredibly easy, they did not even ask me many questions, mostly talked at me and told me about the job. Some of the reviews here say they make you sell them something, I was fully prepared for that but they did not ask me this. They definitely want to hire bathers to become groomers, so if you have no interest in going into the grooming academy, do not even bother applying for this position, you will probably not make it to the second interview.

First interview is with the salon manager, she told me about the job, about being able to move up to grooming, etc. Then with the store manager, which is more of a formality. Make your impression good on both of them but especially the store manager. They have more say in whether you get hired.

Make them know your experience dealing with people AND animals as this has a lot to do with both. Let them know you are not going to be bothered with the working conditions and that YOU WANT TO BE A GROOMER, even if you don't, and you want to stay a bather, show interest in wanting to be a groomer. They will not fire you if you change your mind when you start the job.

Director of Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiting firm. I interviewed via phone with HR, then two more phone interviews with fellow managers. I was brought in for an interview with some of the same people, as well as the VP. I completed all of the interviews....and then nothing. Literally no calls, no responses to email, no answered voice mails, and nobody filled the position. It has been since October of 2014 to April of 2015 and the position is STILL unfilled. At this point, I can't see working for a company that is so unprofessional as to not even return a phone call.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after I applied and asked me to come in a few days later to be interviewed. When I arrived there were seven other candidates waiting, and one interviewer joined us shortly after. It was a fairly easygoing interview - quite conversational (interviewer was very friendly). Each of us were asked four or five questions. The whole thing took 45 minutes maximum. I was happy for the opportunity for interview practice, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it was clear that they were looking for someone with considerable retail experience, and that wasn't in my background.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. 2 at store and 2 with district manager. This was a couple of years ago. I did not have much experience in animal care. The interview process was more based on previous job history and desire to learn animal care. Also asked about how I would handle scenarios.

Interview Questions

• All I remember is that the interview was going well. The next day I had to go away on an emergency. When I returned the position was filled with no explanation as to why I didn't get the job   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied online and had a call back for the first interview phase with 4 days. Met with manager and also pet care manager, passed that interview and met with assistant manager the next day. Passed that and did the drug test, after that was completed I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation/irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. The pay grades are fairly set across the board.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Bel Air, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Took about 20 minutes. In and out. Easy questions, with a very personable manager. Great interview experience. Didn't descriminate at all about my job gap or lack of license. Process pushed me right through. I was answered honestly and in full. I was accepted for a second interview, which was just turned into a drug test, the whole process took only a few weeks. I was quickly responded to.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working with all kinds of animals?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with any managers? If so how did you resolve your disagreement?   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob. I received a call from the Stock manager about two weeks later asking for an interview the next day. I arrived ten minutes early and was asked to walk the store a little bit because one of the cashiers was late. After ten or so minutes the manager came and got me. We went into a back office and began the interview.