PetSmart

2.3

Groomer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

They asked mainly about animal experience, and customer service experience.
    It took forever for them to contact me, i had to go in and ask about it twice, finally atleast 2 weeks later i got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What animal experience do you have? What can you offer to us?   Answer Question

Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

It was very easy. I got a call within a week of submitting my application and we scheduled an interview a few days later. There are two interviews, I had mine back to back. It went well enough that I was completely done in about half an hour. It was very easy, very brief, and all straight foward questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairless Hills, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairless Hills, PA

Applied online, it took about a week or so to receive a call. Came in for an interview that day. Because I had been applying to several different places, I sort of forgot about Petsmart which is why I didn't call them first, just to check in. But the entire process was professional yet casual. The hiring manager only really asked two work related questions. The rest of the interview was just pleasant small talk about school and that sort of thing, I guess just to see that I was a nice person who could communicate effectively. Then, he told me right then that he wanted to offer me a position, and I left that day to go take my drug test.

Dog Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in January 2015.

I was called for an interview a couple days after i applied. When i got there, the manager had a dog leash around her waist along with her dog. We walked into a very small office, and she seemed very distracted by the dog and wasn't paying attention half of the time. She went to find the head manager so i could have my 2nd interview but he was too busy. She told me he would give me a call by the end of the week. He never did. I called back the next week asking what happened and she said he was still looking at the resumes and will give me a call by the end of the week (again). I never heard back from them.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PetSmart.

Pretty easy, just asked basic questions like how many hours you can work a week. What type of behavior you have. Asked what type of pay I would like and asked what type of educational background I had.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in February 2015.

Very low stress environment. Had two interviews total, both in the same day. The next day I picked up a form for a drug test and took it. Easiest interview I've done by far.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any breed of dog you aren't willing to work with?   Answer Question

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

I received a call to go in for an interview. I sat with the salon and store manager for the interview and then I followed up on the interview and was asked to go in to start the hiring process. Took a drug test, passed, and then received some training.

Interview Questions
    • Why PetSmart?   View Answer
    • Looking for part time or full time work?   View Answer
    • Asked how I felt about the "gross parts" of the job (cleaning anal glands, accidents, and fur)?   View Answer
    • Asked if I'm afraid of anything (specific dog breeds)?   View Answer
    • Asked what animals I have experience with and if it was only dogs?   View Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2013.

Came in for initial interview, went fairly well. They were impressed with my years of experience having worked at a veterinary clinic for many years, and apparently for that reason they had me forego the second required interview with a store manager. After that I was sent for drug testing and shown around the store.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate on pay

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online and was called a week later for an interview. Interview process with the hiring manager was laid back and I was called back again to set up the second interview with the store manager before I am to be hired. Seems very enjoyable work environment with room to move up.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple questions: Tell me about yourself, Why PetSmart, and try to sell this box cutter to me.   Answer Question
    I was offered a second interview (still in the process)

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2013.

They called and I went in. The manager was friendly and asked a few questions about previous job experience. It felt like they were sizing me up to see if I was a good fit for their store. I must have been because I was offered the position right then. Then I went to a clinic to give give a urine sample. A few days later I was officially hired.

Interview Questions
    • When they asked about how I had failed to meet expectations.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.