PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Mansfield, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Called for an interview for the next day with the OP Manager and then was interviewed the next day by the Store Manager. Both were very friendly and seemed pleasant. Was asked typical questions like why do you want to work here and what hours are you available for. One or two questions about certain situations and what animal had you worked with previously.

Marketing Interview

Interview

A lot of people who did not really know how to interview. They read straight from list of questions or they jus.t sit and chit chat. Not really knowing about me.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult bc they didn't really ask me anything   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2011.

Interview

The interview can be long. There are generally several different levels of leadership to interview with. The online application is long and tedious. Make sure to read all of the questions carefully.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone who needed a lot of service or attention? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Eau Claire, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very laid back, had the second interview right away. After this I had to take a drug test after a few day wait for a phone call back, and another week to have the drug screen cleared. It was a pretty long process

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Tucker, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in applying for a part time job in Pet care and the manager suggested that I train to become a pet groomer, which is now what I plan to do for employment. The entire process was very quick, and the store had a very friendly atmosphere, I felt very welcome, and I'm looking forward to my third and final interview later this week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (North Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online after a former employee (who is a friend of mine) had me apply. I got a call within a few days. It was a group interview with the store manager. I also interviewed individually with some of the other managers. When I went in for the interview, I was sent to do the drug test, and from there I was hired within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with animals? Have you worked with animals before? Do you own any animals?   1 Answer
    • Are you in school or working any other jobs already?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview with the Hotel Manager and Hotel Assistant Manager. The Hotel Manager asked me standard interview questions while the Hotel Assistant Manager took notes. The interview took place in their office and was fairly casual, more like having a conversation. I was called back for a second interview with the store manager. The second interview was very conversational. I believe he was just feeling me out and getting to know me before he approved hiring me. At the end of the second interview he informed me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with dogs? What would you do if a dog fight broke out? Are there any breeds/sizes of dogs you're uncomfortable with? Also, because I was switching from a full-time career in mortgage, to work part-time at the PetHotel, I got several questions regarding my reasoning. They just wanted to make sure I wasn't taking the job only to quit 3 weeks later if I found a full-time job in mortgage.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and it was difficult to get a vibe from the recruiter. In person interviews are much easier to connect with the interviewer. The recruiter was nice and kept thanking me for my answer which gave no indication that that was the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex issues that you were involved in and how did you manage through it?   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was very informal. It was one on one first with the store manager then with the customer service manager. They only asked a few questions. Was hired on the spot. Suppose there's not a lot they need to know about you beyond your previous work history and impression.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in May 2015.

Interview

After applying to about 10 different Petsmart's (it's really hard to get an interview with them), I got a phone call on the 15th of May telling me I got an interview. I went in within about three days, and interviewed with one manager. I got a second interview, and they offered me a job position. You do have to go take a mandatory pre-employment drug test, and it takes them FOREVER to get you the results. About two weeks. I started my job over a month later-- the 24th of June. It was a long process, but I think it will have definitely been worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• Pick any item from the sales floor and sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Petsmart?   Answer Question
    • There were many different "case scenario" questions.
      1. Was there a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      2. Have you ever talked a guest into buying an item other than what they were intending to buy?
      3. Was there ever a time that you disagreed with a manager/other authority? How did you handle that situation?

Answer Question