PetSmart

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.3

Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview with the Store Manager and District Manager. You apply online and may or may not get a call back. If you are sure that you are a fit for the position, go into the store and ask for the Op or Store manager, politely introduce yourself and what position you applied. Be confident, but not cocky, and make sure to tell them you just wanted to put a face to the name. It may take time for you to get the 1st interview, but if that happens a DM interview should take place within 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • That has been years ago. But typically they are looking for love of animals, people who do not call out sick, have great customer service skills and can multi task an assortment of tasks or problems without getting fustrated. Understand that this may vary by each store and their DM.   Answer Question
    I accepted the wage they offered

Professional Bather Interview

It was very easy i was in for about an hour talking. Questions are basic run of the mill questions. The application took the most time it was annoying.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

interviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Very pleasant and simple interview. Asked some questions about schooling, available hours, and some answers from the application. There were a few questions along the lines of "Describe a time..." involving difficult decisions, a time you didn't have an answer, and others. This was my first job interview, and I was offered the position on the spot. My manager said that her other managers trust her, so I must have made a good first impression. I just went in, explained why I wanted to work with animals and it went well. Just did the drug testing a few days ago and should head in for training soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't have the answer to a question. Describe a time you had a new experience with a customer.   Answer Question
    Starting me off a little over minimum wage, paying $9.50 (minimum wage in WA is $9.32) and was told I will receive increases with time. This is my first job so it works for me.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Received a call on Friday asking me to come in on Monday for orientation. This is my second time being called in for their orientation. Typically, you're called in with a group of half a dozen or more applicants and you're brought into a little room with a number of chairs. You're handed print-outs of your most recent application and you're walked through the available positions by a couple of managers. Throughout the process you're given an opportunity to ask questions. They explained that multiple interviews are conducted before you can be hired. Applicants looking for short-term positions are weeded out. You must be able to speak English to make it through the hiring process (even in South Florida, where Spanish is the more commonly spoken language). Orientation, at least at this PetSmart location, is the first step of the hiring process. If they are interested in pursuing you further, you'll get a call within an allotted time-frame. If not, you get the picture.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. Orientation is more about going over the available positions and discussing their duties than anything.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

I got a call two days after I applied online to come in for an interview the next day. During the interview the manager just asked me basic questions and then took me out to the floor to test my "selling ability". She handed me a product and asked me to read the instructions for it while she went to grab another associate. She has that associate pretend to be a customer and had me "sell" the product to her. She then told me I did well, took me back to the office and told me I had to go pass my drug test in the next 24 hours and I had the job if I did.

No negotiation.

Professional Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Easy one on one interview. However most of the questions were about up selling products which was confusing because the job I was applying for had no contact with the public.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an expensive brand of dog food compared to a cheaper one.   Answer Question

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

I applied Monday night, they called me early Tuesday morning for an interview that same day at 12-12:30 pm. I went in and the Pet Care Associate interviewed me, super easy questions like "do you have pets? why do you like pets so much? are there any animals you'd be uncomfortable handling?" and basic availability questions. I'm a full time college student but I have 4 open days so the Ops manager said she'd work with that. They told me they liked me a lot and they sent me over to go get a drug test. She said if I pass, which I should, then she's gonna call me for training. Took the drug test that same day, now I'm just waiting for her call! (It's only the day after and hasn't been 24 hours yet). Really nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see in Petsmart that's better than our competitors like Petco?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I applied online, it took about a hour to complete the app. Then got a call about 2 weeks later asking if I could come in the very day for a interview. Rush up there had the interview with a manger, she asked basic questions and said she loved me and that i was hire just needed to have a 2nd interview with the store mangers. That interview went pretty fast he told me my starting wages and gave me the address to get the drug test done. The whole thing took about 4 weeks. I love working for Petsmart!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? If a pet parent needed a harness how would go about helping them?   View Answer
    He asked it $8 was okay, I didn't mind that amount at the time and said yes. easy going.

Buyer Technician Interview

Behavior Interviewing, while every single person from the merchandising department interviews you. There are several rounds for such a low paying job. They shouldnt take a $14 an hour job so serious.

there was none, you take what they give you

Bather and Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

I got a call 3 days after I submitted my application from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. So the next day I went in for an interview which was on a Saturday. I walked into the store exactly 2 minutes early.
    The interview was in a small room that serves as the office for the operations manager. I was in close proximity to both the manager and salon manager. They asked me very simple questions from their list and made me feel very comfortable. They asked me if I had any questions and I just asked simple questions about the store. They said they'd call me back for second interview with the operations manager. Overall, the first interview was great and lasted about 35-40 minutes.
    They didn't call me back so I called them on the following Friday. The manager said he had meant to call me but forgot. I was asked for a second interview on that coming Tuesday. So I went to meeting and again walked in 2 minutes early. I told an associate that I had a meeting with "........." the manager so they called them for me. The first 15-20 minutes was the interviewer asking me questions about my past experience and questions specific to the job. The next 30 minutes was the interviewer telling me all about the job in detail. They said they would call me.
    I hadn't called back a week later by the so I called the store and asked to speak with the manager and they said he wasn't in until the following day until after noontime. So I called the next day and was told they hadn't had a meeting yet to make hiring decisions.
    The next day I got a call being offered the job and I went that day to take drug test.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you disagreed with your employer?   View Answer
    I didn't need to. I was offered more than the amount of money I was looking for.