PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Jupiter, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Very informal. I applied online and was called back the next day to set up an interview. The interview was set for the following day. Came dressed in shorts and a nice blouse and was asked to walk around for a minute before being called back. Questions were easy and it was a very relaxed environment. Left that interview and the next day I was called for a second interview for the following day. Same thing happened when I got to PetSmart, had my interview with the Store Manager who was SO nice. At the end of the interview he told me that I was hired and all I had to do was go take a drug test that day. Handed me a packet of papers and sent me to Labcorp across town. Today is the 3rd day after my drug test and I'm waiting on the call.

Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview. The assistant manager called in a few people and just told us how the hotel works and then said she'd call us soon and I still haven't heard back. She seemed a bit unprofessional and cursed during the interview which I believe was just not the place to do that. There are certain times you just don't do that. She also talked a lot about crushing the competition and didn't ask us any questions really. If I get an offer I don't plan to take it.

Was Not Told Before Going In Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Went through the interview to be told that they were not hiring. If you are going to call someone in for a job interview tell them what the job is. Do not call some one in for a job interview unless you have a opening and plan on hiring. When you do not have a job opening or plan on hiring then you are wasting time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Albany, GA).

Interview

Group interview with 2 other candidates. Manager asked questions about experience with animals, and got to know our personalities. Was just an ok experience. Said she still had other candidates to interview as well.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager and another manager. They were very friendly and relaxed and asked me basic questions about the job. After asking some questions, they took me out on the floor and had me pretend to sell them pets and products. The interview portion was done in private in the break room.

Interview Questions

• I'm a mother of a ten-year-old boy. I'm looking for a first pet for my son. What would you recommend?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Starts with a group interview with store leader and hiring manager. 4 candidates answer the same questions as they look for certain qualities. Had us do a skit to demonstrate our selling tactics and techniques.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I got a call from the operations manager and scheduled an interview. When I went in, I interviewed with her and then with the store manager. A week later, they called me and asked me to come in and take the drug test. After that, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I usually shopped at PetSmart or PetCo for my animals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

AR Staff Accountant/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Disorganised and unprepared interviewers. No relevant questions presented regarding the position or duties entailed. I had to drive the interview process. I expected a more organised and professional approach from a company this size. Perhaps now that they are a private company they can do things differently vs, being a publicly traded company as they were previously.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a chaotic environment. How do you feel about entering an environment where the workload is at least 3-4 months behind.   Answer Question

Animal Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Westminster, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal, but still professional. The manager who interviewed me was very kind and thoughtful, it felt like a regular conversation for the most part, there were a few standard questions that were asked, and I was asked to Role-play a certain scenario. They normally two interviews and sometimes a third.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application. A few days later, I was called by the operations manager to come in for a "personality" interview. When I met him, he told me he doesn't ask typical interview questions. It was a fairly short interview. I showed up 15 minutes early, and we started right away. I was told at the start, "I can't teach you personality." I didn't get the job, so I guess I don't have personality according to him.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
    • In the past 18 months, what is an accomplishment you are proud of?   1 Answer