PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.3

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I am in the process of applying for positions and the interview is scheduled for later this week. Most people use this site as a way to prepare for the process, so it is difficult to answer these questions before the process is completed.

Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

I had 2 interviews. The first was extremely casual, I talked to the manager of the pet salon about random things, she didn't really ask me any interview-like questions. The second interview was a typical interview. The two hiring managers talked with me and asked questions like "tell me about yourself", "describe a time when you..." etc. After the interview was over, the manager said she would be glad to hire me and then said i had 48 hours to complete a drug test. I did so. After a week had passed, I called PetSmart to make sure they got the results, and they said they hadn't. I called back again and the hiring managers weren't there, but the manager at the time said he would let them know I called. Needless to say, they never called me back despite the fact that I passed my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in a hurry and a sales associate at the store helped you. What did you like about what the person did to help you?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tujunga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tujunga, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and got a call back from the operations manager about two weeks later, went in that Friday and met with both the operations manger and store manager. Was a very easy interview (if that) both managers and I hit it off very good considering we share a love for animals. Was about 45 minutes in total including a couple scenario questions, work experience, and mainly just talking about our pets. I was offered the position on the spot and went in the same day for my drug test. If you sincerely love animals, you have nothing to worry about. If you're just there for a paycheck then look somewhere else.

Interview Questions
    • "how would you assist a customer that comes in with a rowdy puppy that is tearing up their shoes?"
      "how would you assist a customer that comes in determined to buy a muzzel for their dog that won't stop barking?"
        View Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

You will be offered an interview based on the available openings and then based on how you score on your personality test. Only green flagged personality tests will get an interview. Usually that interview is the department manager then your second interview if you make it that far will be the store manager followed by a drug test and background check and then possibly an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • none. very generic like every other retail interview you have had   Answer Question
    There is a set Pay Band for each job based on experience and it varies by store. You will be offered lower than the pay band and get minimal raises yearly .50 Max based on review which will never be in your favor because your manager will tell you that they cant rate you a 5/5 on any area because no one is ever perfect.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2014.

Applied online on wednesday and got call on Saturday and interviewed Monday.
    Basic Questions and How would you sale a leash to a customer.
    Did had to wait for 30 mins till interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were basic question of how my previous job was and how I handled things at my previous job.   Answer Question

Pet Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and got a call within a week. I came in the next day for an interview (two managers) and received an offer on the spot. The interview process was relatively simple and surprisingly enjoyable; I feel like the staff I interviewed with were very personable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a protocol or rule that was in place that you did not agree with or follow?   Answer Question

Petcare Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and got a phone interview the next week. Meet up in person very relax, easy going interview. Basic questions like why i wanted to work there, my experience with animals, job experience. Very basic. Just be confident, smile, dress proper, and eager to work there. Called in for second interview like in a week or less, and got the job.

Pet Products Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

The interview process is long and drawn out. It best to know someone in the company already to get hired into management. To come in as an associate is a lot easier. This company standard vary from store to store and overall as a company is broken.

none

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart.

insane almost a month worth of interviews and waiting. you had to almost put your life on hold they make false statements, call at night, on holidays and expect you to drop what your doing to interview RIGHT NOW. i actually received a phone call at 6:45 am to schedule a 8 am interview . red flags. but i was blinded by what could be a great job.

Interview Questions
    • they asked the obvious top 10 interview questions   View Answer
    there wasnt any, although i was told i would be eligable for part time benefits, the day my beni. should of started i received a letter part time employees will no longer be elegable for benis.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Make sure to be prepared with STAR approach to questions. Nice center and they rotate folks in to meet you. Be sure to prepare and visit stores and talk to store managers and associates prior to interview....it will impress the panel.

There was very little but they do more now