PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I went to the store in person to give them a copy of my resume. About a week later I got the interview request. The interview itself was very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed with both store managers and the head bather/groomer. Went into the bathing/kennel area to see the layout. Overall a pretty standard interview, took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with management and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When I got there the manger was at lunch so I had to wait. For ten min when she got there. She was friendly n nice. The interview was easy n calm. They went threw what It takes to be a bather what to expect n how to act. To tales to the manger n the assistant manager on the same day. I believe what got me the job was when I told them that I wanted to be a groomer. After that I was handed to job. I also did my job test the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do u feel about being bitten   1 Answer

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a interview first and was asked if I was sure this is what I wanted to do? I basically was downgrading from my previous career and the store manager wanted to make sure this is what I wanted to do on the phone before I did the interview. I said yes,

Interview Questions

• I was not asked ONE interview question. Shot the breeze the whole hour about my previous job and how much I made doing that, etc. I felt as though I wasn't getting the job and was being talked out of applying for that position from the beginning of the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied online and had a call back for the first interview phase with 4 days. Met with manager and also pet care manager, passed that interview and met with assistant manager the next day. Passed that and did the drug test, after that was completed I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation/irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. The pay grades are fairly set across the board.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob. I received a call from the Stock manager about two weeks later asking for an interview the next day. I arrived ten minutes early and was asked to walk the store a little bit because one of the cashiers was late. After ten or so minutes the manager came and got me. We went into a back office and began the interview.

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Big waste of time. I feel the interviewers main goal was to lure me away from the job as he kept telling me terrible stories that have happened to people and telling me he couldn't even last a full day back there. Also, told me the people to work with in the grooming salon were terrible. He even brought the salon manager and store manager in to tell me the exact same things. I kept being scrutinized on my size as he didn't think I would be strong enough to lift some of the dogs. The lack of professionalism turned me away from the job more than their gruesome stories or anything else. I am relieved I didn't get a call back!

Presentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 2 days later from one out of about 5 locations I applied to. Set up 1 on 1 interview. Interview was with store manager and was given on the sales floor. Walked around and saw receiving. At the end, store manager said he would forward my information to other SMs in closer geographic regions and would call me later in the week. Never received call and business card did not include email

Interview Questions

• Why this location? What are your strengths? weaknesses? What looks familiar about our receiving? Why are these end caps displayed the way they are? Has a pet ever inspired you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got there 15 mins early and the interviewers seemed happy I was prompt. The interview was relaxed and only took about 15 mins. I was interviewed by the salon manager and the store manager together. They made me feel comfortable instead of nervous. I know the salon manager liked me, but the store manager was a little harder to read. I was told I will be contacted in the next week or two to let me know if I need to come in for the second interview. I am hopeful that the interview went well and I will get a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after I applied and asked me to come in a few days later to be interviewed. When I arrived there were seven other candidates waiting, and one interviewer joined us shortly after. It was a fairly easygoing interview - quite conversational (interviewer was very friendly). Each of us were asked four or five questions. The whole thing took 45 minutes maximum. I was happy for the opportunity for interview practice, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it was clear that they were looking for someone with considerable retail experience, and that wasn't in my background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bel Air, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Took about 20 minutes. In and out. Easy questions, with a very personable manager. Great interview experience. Didn't descriminate at all about my job gap or lack of license. Process pushed me right through. I was answered honestly and in full. I was accepted for a second interview, which was just turned into a drug test, the whole process took only a few weeks. I was quickly responded to.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working with all kinds of animals?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with any managers? If so how did you resolve your disagreement?   Answer Question