PetSmart Lead Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mays Landing, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart.

Applications are filled out online by third party website. A long questionnaire with several repeating questions phrased slightly differently is given before applying, this weeds out "unsuitable" people by ranking you red, yellow, or green. Its best to answer questions ONLY with "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree", & ALWAYS answer a question the same way. They will try to slip you up. Employees ranked "green" will be called for an interview if the position is open. Dress casually but cleanly. They want people who are personable & competent, but do not like people to show too much confidence or intelligence unless applying for management. Only one interview is needed for hourly associates. In NJ drug tests are required & scheduled within the week (often 1-2 days later), if it's clean you'll be hired.

Interview Questions
  • The questionnaire when applying is trickier than the interview, as it is intended to trick you into answering the same questions differently ("is stealing wrong?" & the like). Interview is pretty standard, they'll ask where you worked, why you left, what your experience is, why you want to work there. Talking about your pets is a plus, just don't go too crazy or tell long stories.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. I would request a higher sum than you expect based on average rates for that store or the area in general. They won't give you the higher rate, but if you ask for more with some experience, you may get more than minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Lead Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in December 2010.

I went through three interviews, two of which was unnecessary. The first interview was done by a Lead Pet Trainer and very unorganized. Not to mention not the job I had applied for.. One question was asked: "Do you like dogs?" Second interview was by the Operations/hiring manager and was very organized and had many questions asked that pertained to the job itself (Pet Care). We also spoke of hourly pay. Last interview was just as useless as the first. Store manager asked, "Do you want to work here?" then I went into the Orientation room to fill out information on myself.

Interview Questions
    • "Say you are working in the Pet Care department and a customer asks you, "How many fish can I put into a 10 gallon tank and can you name a few?" What would you say?   View Answer

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!