PetSmart

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy, straight forward questions

Interview Question – None, all were straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offered more than I was previously making

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I was asked about my background, details about my past jobs and current jobs. I was asked to give my previous salaries. I was asked to explain challenges and strengths, and personality working with others. I was informed about the company benefits and perks. It's very tough to get a job at this company unless you know an internal employee well. That matters more than your experience.

Interview Question – None were especially difficult.   View Answer

Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in December 2010.

Interview Details – apply online phone interview next day 3 days pass interview with store manager then 3 more days interview with another manager

Interview Question – why this company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Do not talk about negative things. I spent to much time talking about what I did not like at my current job. it is important that you are able to answer some tough questions in regards to how you would handle certain situations. Please come prepared with information about the company

Interview Questions

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – they call you on the phone and do a brief pre screening, then they set up a face to face with DM's and there is a final interview with the HR or Regional Manager. After running background checks and drug test they call you for paperwork and training.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond customer service for a customer.   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1:1 interview then group interview

Interview Question – What kind of dog would you be   View Answers (2)

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!