PetSmart Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Mostly listened to other two managers complain about current and past employees, they were both dressed in dirty tan pants. Wanted to be sure new manager hired could fire some employees.

Interview Questions

• Are there any animals your not comfortable with.   1 Answer
  • How strong are your sales skill experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was asked about my background, details about my past jobs and current jobs. I was asked to give my previous salaries. I was asked to explain challenges and strengths, and personality working with others. I was informed about the company benefits and perks. It's very tough to get a job at this company unless you know an internal employee well. That matters more than your experience.

Interview Questions

• None were especially difficult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Greensboro, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

apply online phone interview next day 3 days pass interview with store manager then 3 more days interview with another manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PetSmart (Fremont, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Very easy, straight forward questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered more than I was previously making

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Louisville, KY) in February 2010.

Interview

Do not talk about negative things. I spent to much time talking about what I did not like at my current job. it is important that you are able to answer some tough questions in regards to how you would handle certain situations. Please come prepared with information about the company

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation   1 Answer
    • Why are you unhappy with present position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in February 2009.

Interview

they call you on the phone and do a brief pre screening, then they set up a face to face with DM's and there is a final interview with the HR or Regional Manager. After running background checks and drug test they call you for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond customer service for a customer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview then group interview