PetSmart Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

Well i had a good experience with the interview process. The store manager was really fun and laid back and made you feel really comfortable about everything. Then i had to meet with another store manager a week later where she was the opposite of the first manager but still a great interview. Petsmart process for some takes really long and they lose good candidates because of the slow process. My process took maybe 2 to 3 weeks only because they really liked me and said they didn't want this process to be slow so they actually went in and did everything to get me in there. Overall, it was a good process and the people seem genuine. I start next week and hope it'll be a great job.

Interview Questions
  • None really. Unless you never worked with pets a question for me was, "What would you do if a dog was injured or died while in the custody of petsmart."   View Answer
I was offered 50k so i didn't negotiate because i thought it was a fair an offer and above the average of 47k.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I am in the process of applying for positions and the interview is scheduled for later this week. Most people use this site as a way to prepare for the process, so it is difficult to answer these questions before the process is completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart in February 2014.

One applies on line and then is called in for a face to face interview with the Store Director. After a week or so, the Store Director will call you in to meet with the District Manager. Once you have your meet and greet verify documentation, you will then be asked to take a test for managers. The test will challenge your skill sets in store management.

Interview Questions
    They were cheap and offered me less than what I was Paid as a Target Store Manager.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PetSmart.

Two interviews total, hired out of career center from college, interview process much longer if not out of college

Interview Questions
    Negotiate as high as possible, job hard on family/social life

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2012.

the process is too long it may have as many as 5 or 6 steps it becomes redundant they can all ask the same questions in how you would handle your self and the expected out come if you do not get head spins as to the process. Find out what the pay range be for you spend the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saltillo, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saltillo, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2012.

I was internally promoted to this position but still had to do a phone interview with a store manager from another store. As I understand the process is similar for a candidate from a external source. Phone interview with a store manager from another Petsmart location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you have handled difficult associates and difficult customers? What was the outcome? How could you have handled the situation differently?

Tell me how you would coach and struggling or underperforming associate?

What do you think this job entails? How do you think you are qualified for this position?

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2012.

I had one interview. I went to the store, and met with the assistant manager. He asked me questions about my knowledge in inventory and stocking. He also wanted to know my experience in management; such as talking one on one with associates about problems and change. I was also questioned about my customer service skills and was asked to discuss times I have went out of my way for a customer. I was very surprised when the interview was finished and no questions about my experience with animals were asked. After the panel of questions, the manager showed me around the store. We then went back to the office were I gave all my information for a background check. The manager seemed very interested in hiring me and said, "I will definitely be calling you as soon as the background check comes back." However, I was very disappointed because after two weeks, I still received no call. I called him back several times and left messages with no call returned.

Interview Questions
    • How can you ensure every customer is 100% satisfied in with every visit?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart in December 2011.

I applied online. After providing the standard job application info, applicants are asked to respond to a long list of statements with reactions between "Strongly Disagree" and "Strongly Agree". The statements are along the lines of, "I get along well with others."

A week or two after applying I received an email asking me to take another online assessment. This tested personality and math skills. The math was basic.

I did two phone interviews and at least three in-person interviews. The interviewers were all pretty green, and the questions were mostly softballs. A typical interview prompt was something like, "Tell me about a time you ran into a problem at work and how you solved it." The interview process took about two months altogether.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2009.

First interview was face to face with the DM. Second interview was with RHR.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel that most difficult animal you would have problems working with?   View Answers (2)
    Pay was according to my work experance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2008.

fill out application online at Petsmart.com..will recieve call from management when interested. Will have 2-3 interviews, one with Operations Manager, one with Department Manager, and one with Store manager. If hired, LOTS of training videos and tests that you will be taking (important information you need). They are looking for great energy and enthusiasm. Expertise in any given area is not necessary, they train you for your position, you just need to have great communication and customer service skills

Interview Questions
    • One of the hardest for most is that they will ask you demonstrate your selling skills on the spot..you will need to be confident show your personality!   View Answer
    I had already been with a company for 15 years, they knew my salary then and they actually offered more...I accepted