PetSmart

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within a week. I came in the next day for an interview (two managers) and received an offer on the spot. The interview process was relatively simple and surprisingly enjoyable; I feel like the staff I interviewed with were very personable and friendly.

Interview Question – Was there ever a protocol or rule that was in place that you did not agree with or follow?   Answer Question

Pet Bather

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had to hound the store management several times to make sure they were actually looking at my file; management told me each time they would look at the application. It took them three months to finally say they had reviewed my application and were interested in an interview.

I did not have much experience in the specific position I was being interviewed for, but during the interview process they were impressed with my willingness to work and my previous experiences and positions, which were all similarly hard labor. I was almost hired on the spot.

Interview Question – One of their most important questions they will ask will deal with how you do with stressful situations, and this is important considering that the grooming salon is THE MOST stressful place in the store, with customers being very protective of their dogs and the dogs often being heavier and stronger than most people can handle or trying to bite you.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PetSmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and receive a confirmation email. If someone likes what they see, they will call you. About a week after I applied, I received a phone call from the Assistant Manager (Operations Manager) to arrange an interview. The interview was casual and consisted mostly of self guided questions followed by a small amount of behavioral questions. I was at the end of that interview that I was a great candidate and that they would like to go ahead and schedule a second interview. The second interview was more like a deep conversation based on customer service standards with the majority of questions being behavioral interview questions. In both interviews the managers were frequently interrupted with operations necessary to the continuing function of the store. Though slightly disruptive, each disturbance was followed with an apology and a sincere thanks for my patients.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult customer experience I had ever had.(?) I was asked to walk them through it from the kickoff to the finish line.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation as rate of pay is standardized.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!