PetSmart Pet Care Associate Interview Questions

1.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Had first interview with the store manager, which was very easy and relaxed. He told me that they recently had fire a few employees that were slacking and were looking for people who really cared about their jobs. He asked me to come in for an interview with the Pet Care manager the next day.

My second interview was a bit harder, but still pretty relaxed and I was asked to answer a few situational questions. He gave me the forms for the drug test at the end of the interview and basically if I pass the drug test they'll call me and give me the job.

Interview Questions
  • "Try to sell me all the supplies I'd need for a rabbit and give me some information on them."   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

The interview was a bit of a joke - I told her I liked working with people and that I love animals. She showed me around the store and hired me. That specific manager, however, was not with PetSmart for much longer after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • When being interviewed for my management position later on, I was asked how I would respond to a situation in which the customer was very upset about something and was making a scene in the middle of the store.   View Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and went in for a interview, was called back to do a second interview with two of the store managers. Once that was done i had to go to complete the drug screening and once the drug screening was complete the background check went in with the screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I put in my app online July 18, 2014. Turned in my resume in person July 19. My interview was July 22 I took my Drug test July 23rd. and was called back today July 24. The manager said she'd call me back within the hour to schedule a day where i could come in and do my W2 and Tax forms then i start my training. :)

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Asked about my work experience, what I'd do in certain situations. My interviewer was really cool. I didnt have to "sell" her anything. lol the interview was fun and fast. Lots of laughs!   Answer Question
    I didnt have to negotiate. They paid me exactly what i asked for. And i get a raise next month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I put my application in online July 18, 2014. Turn in my resume in person July 19. My interview was July 22 I took my Drug test July 23rd. and was called back today July 24. All i have to do now is go in and do my W2 and Tax forms then i start my training

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just asked about previous work experience and what i'd do in certain situations. i wasn't asked to sell them anything. Interviewer was cool and funny. Lots of laughs   Answer Question
    i was paid exactly what i asked for. Plus i get a raise next month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I put in an application online and got a call about a week and a half later, the manager asked me to come in the next day for an interview. He had the Pet Care Specialist/Manager sit in. It was very laid back, pleasant, and simple. It was my first job, so we mainly talked about pets I've owned and taken care of, if I had problems with any animal, and if I minded cleaning habitats. I took my drug test that day, the manager was on vacation the next week so he told me to expect a call the week after. Early that week I got a call asking me to come in for orientation and to start training.

Interview Questions
    He gave me a salary and I agreed to it.

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Very easy interview. The managers were kind and friendly. They made me feel welcome. They asked about my previous jobs, my experience in retail and with animals. They asked me how I heard about the position and why I applied, and what makes me more qualified for the position.

I couldn't negotiate anything. They were only offering a minimum wage part-time job. They were not willing to hire me full-time or raise the pay, but I needed a job.

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

insane almost a month worth of interviews and waiting. you had to almost put your life on hold they make false statements, call at night, on holidays and expect you to drop what your doing to interview RIGHT NOW. i actually received a phone call at 6:45 am to schedule a 8 am interview . red flags. but i was blinded by what could be a great job.

Interview Questions
    • they asked the obvious top 10 interview questions   View Answer
    there wasnt any, although i was told i would be eligable for part time benefits, the day my beni. should of started i received a letter part time employees will no longer be elegable for benis.

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart in May 2014.

I applied online for two different stores, each within 5 miles of each other. Within a week, I was called in for an interview with the operations manager. The interview was casual yet professional. Best to go dressed with a nice collard shirt and khakis. The process took about 15 mins. After the interview, I was told I would be scheduled for another interview. The second interview was with the petcare manager, who would turn out to be my manager. She took me around the store, asked me a few questions, and that was about it. She said she would give me a call within a few days. She called 2 days after to introduce me to the head store manager. It was a 5 minute interview at most, and he gave me the strip to get drug tested, and we went from there. In all, it was a very easy interview. Just act confident but don't over inflate your ego.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, some might ask you to sell them a certain pet or item. All depends on the manager.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I was just happy to be able to get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in February 2014.

Interview was just a get to know me kind of process. Asked me about where i go to school out of school activities and when i would be able to work.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, was given a good pay offer.