PetSmart

Updated Feb 6, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in February 2015.

Very low stress environment. Had two interviews total, both in the same day. The next day I picked up a form for a drug test and took it. Easiest interview I've done by far.

Interview Questions
  • Is there any breed of dog you aren't willing to work with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

I applied Monday night, they called me early Tuesday morning for an interview that same day at 12-12:30 pm. I went in and the Pet Care Associate interviewed me, super easy questions like "do you have pets? why do you like pets so much? are there any animals you'd be uncomfortable handling?" and basic availability questions. I'm a full time college student but I have 4 open days so the Ops manager said she'd work with that. They told me they liked me a lot and they sent me over to go get a drug test. She said if I pass, which I should, then she's gonna call me for training. Took the drug test that same day, now I'm just waiting for her call! (It's only the day after and hasn't been 24 hours yet). Really nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see in Petsmart that's better than our competitors like Petco?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

The online application took about 45 minutes to complete, and I was contacted via phone to set up an in-person interview several days afterward. For the in-person interview I met with the Pet Care manager, who was very kind, casual and friendly. He asked me very normal interview questions (what days/times are you available, why do you want to work here, what do you know about our store, etc.) and we also talked at length about my many experiences working with animals. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I felt comfortable with all the questions I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked me if I had any allergies and if I was ok handling all the animals they carry in the store. He also showed me their back rooms and gave me a very good idea of what type of work I would be doing. I told him I was confident PetSmart would be a good fit for me, and he seemed to really listen and care about what I said.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, was immediately trained and started working the next day and was informed of all relevant policies and procedures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Had first interview with the store manager, which was very easy and relaxed. He told me that they recently had fire a few employees that were slacking and were looking for people who really cared about their jobs. He asked me to come in for an interview with the Pet Care manager the next day.

My second interview was a bit harder, but still pretty relaxed and I was asked to answer a few situational questions. He gave me the forms for the drug test at the end of the interview and basically if I pass the drug test they'll call me and give me the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Try to sell me all the supplies I'd need for a rabbit and give me some information on them."   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

The interview was a bit of a joke - I told her I liked working with people and that I love animals. She showed me around the store and hired me. That specific manager, however, was not with PetSmart for much longer after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • When being interviewed for my management position later on, I was asked how I would respond to a situation in which the customer was very upset about something and was making a scene in the middle of the store.   View Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and went in for a interview, was called back to do a second interview with two of the store managers. Once that was done i had to go to complete the drug screening and once the drug screening was complete the background check went in with the screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I put in my app online July 18, 2014. Turned in my resume in person July 19. My interview was July 22 I took my Drug test July 23rd. and was called back today July 24. The manager said she'd call me back within the hour to schedule a day where i could come in and do my W2 and Tax forms then i start my training. :)

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Asked about my work experience, what I'd do in certain situations. My interviewer was really cool. I didnt have to "sell" her anything. lol the interview was fun and fast. Lots of laughs!   Answer Question
    I didnt have to negotiate. They paid me exactly what i asked for. And i get a raise next month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I put my application in online July 18, 2014. Turn in my resume in person July 19. My interview was July 22 I took my Drug test July 23rd. and was called back today July 24. All i have to do now is go in and do my W2 and Tax forms then i start my training

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just asked about previous work experience and what i'd do in certain situations. i wasn't asked to sell them anything. Interviewer was cool and funny. Lots of laughs   Answer Question
    i was paid exactly what i asked for. Plus i get a raise next month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

I put in an application online and got a call about a week and a half later, the manager asked me to come in the next day for an interview. He had the Pet Care Specialist/Manager sit in. It was very laid back, pleasant, and simple. It was my first job, so we mainly talked about pets I've owned and taken care of, if I had problems with any animal, and if I minded cleaning habitats. I took my drug test that day, the manager was on vacation the next week so he told me to expect a call the week after. Early that week I got a call asking me to come in for orientation and to start training.

Interview Questions
    He gave me a salary and I agreed to it.

Pet Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Very easy interview. The managers were kind and friendly. They made me feel welcome. They asked about my previous jobs, my experience in retail and with animals. They asked me how I heard about the position and why I applied, and what makes me more qualified for the position.

I couldn't negotiate anything. They were only offering a minimum wage part-time job. They were not willing to hire me full-time or raise the pay, but I needed a job.