PetSmart Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Tucker, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in applying for a part time job in Pet care and the manager suggested that I train to become a pet groomer, which is now what I plan to do for employment. The entire process was very quick, and the store had a very friendly atmosphere, I felt very welcome, and I'm looking forward to my third and final interview later this week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I got a call from the operations manager and scheduled an interview. When I went in, I interviewed with her and then with the store manager. A week later, they called me and asked me to come in and take the drug test. After that, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I usually shopped at PetSmart or PetCo for my animals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied 4/29/2015 and was called 5/14/15 for an interview that day. Questions were not difficult at all. The best interview i have had in a while. After the interview i was told i had to complete a drug test the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Centennial, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a manager over the phone briefly and then was asked to come in for an onsite interview. They obviously hate to waste time with people who don't understand the job is not always glamorous and that animals are messy. Was overall a good interview in person, very relaxed, went over basic things and job responsibilities. Made sure I was comfortable with the animals and tasks I would be performing.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you have faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Did application online. Application consists of a basic competency test. Was called about 10 minutes after I placed application. Two phases of interviews. First phase was just basic questions like what's your background, why do you want to work here. Second phase was situational questions like what would you do if something happened. Very easy. Come dressed in nice clothes but not business-like. Be on time.

Interview Questions

• The manager grabbed a random item, handed it to me, and said, "Sell this item to me."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a call on Friday asking me to come in on Monday for orientation. This is my second time being called in for their orientation. Typically, you're called in with a group of half a dozen or more applicants and you're brought into a little room with a number of chairs. You're handed print-outs of your most recent application and you're walked through the available positions by a couple of managers. Throughout the process you're given an opportunity to ask questions. They explained that multiple interviews are conducted before you can be hired. Applicants looking for short-term positions are weeded out. You must be able to speak English to make it through the hiring process (even in South Florida, where Spanish is the more commonly spoken language). Orientation, at least at this PetSmart location, is the first step of the hiring process. If they are interested in pursuing you further, you'll get a call within an allotted time-frame. If not, you get the picture.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. Orientation is more about going over the available positions and discussing their duties than anything.   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I went in for one interview, they offered me the job, got sent to take a drug test at the WRONG LOCATION. IT WAS SHUT DOWN. PHONE NUMBER DID NOT WORK. Made to be very difficult after getting sent to 4+ different hospital buildings and medical care facilities that would work with us. They offered me a review after 3 months for a possible raise which DID NOT HAPPEN AS EXPECTED.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple and straight-forward. Two of the girls interviewing were just going off of a paper and asking questions and just saying "okay" after I answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate. State your reasons why you are asking for more with evidence to support your request (I stepped in for employees when there was a difficult situation, I handled customer complaints in the absence of the department manager, etc)

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I was interviewed for a new store so I was interviewed by all of the managers. They all made it a relaxing environment which made it a lot easier. Basic questions like explaining your experience elsewhere and strengths and weaknesses. Pretty common interview for a part-time job like this. Seeing interviews while working there is just one-on-one with a manager. Same basic questions, but pretty short and sweet.

Negotiation

Might be able to negotiate a little, but they have pretty sturdy company standards. They'll start you off above minimum wage and you'll get raises every 3 months for the first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Sewell, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews. First was basic such as "What is your education?", "What is your experience with animals?" The second interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about why I wanted this job or why I stood out from the rest of the applicants.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in with a new dog and hadn't owned one before, how would you approach them and help them out?   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.