PetSmart Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.1

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2012.

They really didn't ask me much which worried me. They asked if had any pets and I told them what I had and about my dog who had passed away. Then they said they wanted me to do an interview with the Store Manager, which they sprung on me because he just happened to be there that day. He asked me more common questions like, why I wanted to work at PetSmart, but nothing to difficult. I kind of get the feeling they just want to hear that you really love animals and that you're a happy person so you talk nicely with customers.

Interview Questions
  • It was more awkward then difficult. I was ready to answer regular questions and they were asking about my pets.   Answer Question
There was no negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2011.

A week long process that resulted in me receiving an email stating that I got the job. I was basically so expressive about my passion for animals and customers service that I won the hiring manner over instantly.

Interview Questions
    • Describing conflict resolution scenarios from past experiences and their outcomes.   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

I went in for one interview, they offered me the job, got sent to take a drug test at the WRONG LOCATION. IT WAS SHUT DOWN. PHONE NUMBER DID NOT WORK. Made to be very difficult after getting sent to 4+ different hospital buildings and medical care facilities that would work with us. They offered me a review after 3 months for a possible raise which DID NOT HAPPEN AS EXPECTED.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple and straight-forward. Two of the girls interviewing were just going off of a paper and asking questions and just saying "okay" after I answered.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. State your reasons why you are asking for more with evidence to support your request (I stepped in for employees when there was a difficult situation, I handled customer complaints in the absence of the department manager, etc)

Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart.

I was interviewed for a new store so I was interviewed by all of the managers. They all made it a relaxing environment which made it a lot easier. Basic questions like explaining your experience elsewhere and strengths and weaknesses. Pretty common interview for a part-time job like this. Seeing interviews while working there is just one-on-one with a manager. Same basic questions, but pretty short and sweet.

Might be able to negotiate a little, but they have pretty sturdy company standards. They'll start you off above minimum wage and you'll get raises every 3 months for the first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sewell, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sewell, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2014.

Had two interviews. First was basic such as "What is your education?", "What is your experience with animals?" The second interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about why I wanted this job or why I stood out from the rest of the applicants.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in with a new dog and hadn't owned one before, how would you approach them and help them out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2010.

Very informal, regular interview. Dress business casual, be polite, you will get the job.

no negotion

One interview

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in January 2014.

It was casual and not intimidating but had a few difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to remember a specific time when a customer was difficult and I have had so many over the years I couldn't recall one in peticular.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2013.

You go in for one interview, then interview again with store manager. Then you go out for a drug test if they plan to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about which policy I didn't want to be in place.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Pretty simple interview, although it came a good deal of time after I submitted the application (approximately two months). The majority of time was spent going over my resume, and utilizing that to draw questions. After that there were the 'scripted' questions, and of course the dreaded "What is your greatest weakness?"

Interview Questions

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!