PetSmart

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pet Care Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – They really didn't ask me much which worried me. They asked if had any pets and I told them what I had and about my dog who had passed away. Then they said they wanted me to do an interview with the Store Manager, which they sprung on me because he just happened to be there that day. He asked me more common questions like, why I wanted to work at PetSmart, but nothing to difficult. I kind of get the feeling they just want to hear that you really love animals and that you're a happy person so you talk nicely with customers.

Interview Question – It was more awkward then difficult. I was ready to answer regular questions and they were asking about my pets.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating

Smyrna, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – A week long process that resulted in me receiving an email stating that I got the job. I was basically so expressive about my passion for animals and customers service that I won the hiring manner over instantly.

Interview Question – Describing conflict resolution scenarios from past experiences and their outcomes.   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I went in for one interview, they offered me the job, got sent to take a drug test at the WRONG LOCATION. IT WAS SHUT DOWN. PHONE NUMBER DID NOT WORK. Made to be very difficult after getting sent to 4+ different hospital buildings and medical care facilities that would work with us. They offered me a review after 3 months for a possible raise which DID NOT HAPPEN AS EXPECTED.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple and straight-forward. Two of the girls interviewing were just going off of a paper and asking questions and just saying "okay" after I answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate. State your reasons why you are asking for more with evidence to support your request (I stepped in for employees when there was a difficult situation, I handled customer complaints in the absence of the department manager, etc)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pet Care Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a new store so I was interviewed by all of the managers. They all made it a relaxing environment which made it a lot easier. Basic questions like explaining your experience elsewhere and strengths and weaknesses. Pretty common interview for a part-time job like this. Seeing interviews while working there is just one-on-one with a manager. Same basic questions, but pretty short and sweet.

Negotiation Details – Might be able to negotiate a little, but they have pretty sturdy company standards. They'll start you off above minimum wage and you'll get raises every 3 months for the first year.

Sewell, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. First was basic such as "What is your education?", "What is your experience with animals?" The second interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about why I wanted this job or why I stood out from the rest of the applicants.

Interview Question – If a customer came in with a new dog and hadn't owned one before, how would you approach them and help them out?   Answer Question

Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal, regular interview. Dress business casual, be polite, you will get the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotion

Interviewed at PetSmart

Interview Details – One interview

Interview Question – Nothing beyond normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Peoria, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was casual and not intimidating but had a few difficult questions.

Interview Question – Asked to remember a specific time when a customer was difficult and I have had so many over the years I couldn't recall one in peticular.   Answer Question

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – You go in for one interview, then interview again with store manager. Then you go out for a drug test if they plan to hire you.

Interview Question – They asked about which policy I didn't want to be in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation

Interviewed at PetSmart

Interview Details – Pretty simple interview, although it came a good deal of time after I submitted the application (approximately two months). The majority of time was spent going over my resume, and utilizing that to draw questions. After that there were the 'scripted' questions, and of course the dreaded "What is your greatest weakness?"

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!