PetSmart Pet Products Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

Interview

If you need a job in less than a month, this might not be the place for you. I applied multiple times at different locations and finally got a call back after about two months. Came in for an interview which was very laid back. I got a very good feel, but yet still hadn't heard anything after almost a week. I gave the store manager a call and she told me the position was not available because of restructuring. No sour feelings so I applied at a different location. Got an interview about a week later and behold the store manager I interviewed with worked there. Second interview with her presentation manager was a little more standard but still not difficult. Got an offer for 13$/hour next day (of course I was told they had a beyond urgent need so... ).

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult as long as you're prepared. Role playing was the most difficult since I hate those scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Might've been able to negotiate, but was offered 13$ on the spot and was tired of my job so I took it. Considering it's entry level, it's nit bad compared to what majority of companies pay.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

You will need to fill out an application online. When you are contacted you will first be interviewed by the store manager. Your second interview will be with the district manager. They will ask you your strengths and weaknesses and give you scenarios to then find what type of solution you will give.

Interview Questions

• Your weaknesses is probably one of the hardest besides the scenarios.   Answer Question

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

Interview

1st interview was with the Ops Manager and she also had the Presentation Manager interview me at the same time. 2nd Interview with Store Manager. Still awaiting last interview with DM. So far it's been 3 weeks.

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The interview process is long and drawn out. It best to know someone in the company already to get hired into management. To come in as an associate is a lot easier. This company standard vary from store to store and overall as a company is broken.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

Interview

It is best to know someone and have a recommendation. I was hired quickly. Interview process was simple and friendly. They like to know a lot about your previous experiences and how you handled those situations.

Interview Questions

• What improvements will you bring? What's the first thing you will work on when you're hired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was a little lower than expected but corporate allows caps based on experience so I was given the maximum allowed.

Pets Products Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Humble, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Very standard basic questions. Not a difficult job to get. Interview process was very short and scope of responsibilities was very misleading.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Its the same questions that most retail employers ask. They ask you about difficult customer situations, coworker situations, and supervisor situations.   Answer Question

Pet Products Manager Interview

Interview

very easy just put your able to work whenever and your pretty much be hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Reno, NV) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a presentation manager position. Was called a couple days later to set up an interview. I was offered the pet products manager position for lower pay than what I had requested. The manager told me he would try to work with the district manager to get me more money. The next week I had another 1:1 meeting with the store manager of a different location (apparently to verify the hiring managers gut instinct about me). When I left that interview, I was told to go see my hiring manager who offered me the position and sent me to my drugtest that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Petsmart?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went in asking for $14.00/hr (thinking it was a 40 hour work week). I was told that my position generally tops out around $12.00/hr, but the hiring manager would see what he could do. I told him that I was going to bottom out around $13.50. I was offered the job at $13.25 an hour and then found out that it was a 45 hour work week, so I accepted.