PetSmart

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hanover, MD

The process took 4 days - interviewed at PetSmart in December 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online and was called by the store manager to come in for an interview to be a bather. One of my co-workers came into the interview to describe the job and give insight.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Absolutely nothing.

Pet Stylist Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in and met with the manager in the Banfield waiting area in front of customers so it wasn't private. We went over my application and they asked questions about my exp. with animals, why I enjoyed working with them ect. Then they took an item off the shelf (pill pockets) and asked me to read the label and then sell them the product as i would a customer. Very easy. Afterwords she called me back the next day to get drug test paperwork, they give you two days to go to the med center to take the drug test and bring back the results. After that I was hired and set up training.

Interview Question – Taking a product off the shelf and selling it to the manager interviewing you. In this case, "pill pockets"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On my application I put 8 an hour, (I was from MI where min wage was 7.40, in CA its 8.00) they told me they start all bathers at 8.50 so there was no negotiating. After talking to other employees they said they asked for 9 and got it.

Pet Stylist Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2008.

Interview Details – applied online, interview with the store manager and assisstant manager and toured the grooming salon.

Interview Question – what do you feel when u see homeless pets   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really

Interviews for Top Jobs at PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart Videos

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart Pet Stylist Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees and interview candidates.