PetSmart Pet Stylist Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2012.

Very informal interview with store manager. He asked questions about grooming education and experience. He reviewed PetSmart's policy regarding grooming which is safety of the animals always come first. He also set me up with a technical evaluation by the grooming manager where I groomed a dog while the salon manager monitored.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The only questions were about how school prepared me to groom.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2012.

Filled out an on-line application, wasn't called for about a month after the fact. Was called in for an interview. Interview was pretty easy, lots of questions involving giving examples of how you would respond in certain scenarios. Had three interviews in one setting, with the store manager, operations manager and salon manager. Was called back a couple days later to come in for new hire paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2010.

Application in online-only, but call and be persistent about getting an interview. Only one interview, very informal, followed by a drug test. If you pass, you will be called to arrange your start date for associate training.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one, but for salon associates, they are looking for people who will stay a few years in the job, not a few weeks.   Answer Question

Pet Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

We played phone-tag a lot before I was hired. It took a few weeks of back and forth because the hiring manager was never available. I had one interview with multiple managers in one small room, which was quick but slightly intimidating. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but it was not pleasant either.

Pet Stylist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

They called me pretty quickly for an interview, I was excited and schedule an interview with them. I had a one on one interview with an incompetent manager. He asked me the general questions, he was a tad rude. Apparently they are not looking for goal oriented people. It was generally an extremely odd interview. I ran out of there.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

I wouldn't want to work in the conditions that I had seen.