PetSmart

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an on-line application, wasn't called for about a month after the fact. Was called in for an interview. Interview was pretty easy, lots of questions involving giving examples of how you would respond in certain scenarios. Had three interviews in one setting, with the store manager, operations manager and salon manager. Was called back a couple days later to come in for new hire paperwork.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very informal interview with store manager. He asked questions about grooming education and experience. He reviewed PetSmart's policy regarding grooming which is safety of the animals always come first. He also set me up with a technical evaluation by the grooming manager where I groomed a dog while the salon manager monitored.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The only questions were about how school prepared me to groom.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2010.

Interview Details – Application in online-only, but call and be persistent about getting an interview. Only one interview, very informal, followed by a drug test. If you pass, you will be called to arrange your start date for associate training.

Interview Question – There wasn't one, but for salon associates, they are looking for people who will stay a few years in the job, not a few weeks.   Answer Question

Pet Stylist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – We played phone-tag a lot before I was hired. It took a few weeks of back and forth because the hiring manager was never available. I had one interview with multiple managers in one small room, which was quick but slightly intimidating. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but it was not pleasant either.

Interview Question – Explain customer service.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pet Stylist

The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – They called me pretty quickly for an interview, I was excited and schedule an interview with them. I had a one on one interview with an incompetent manager. He asked me the general questions, he was a tad rude. Apparently they are not looking for goal oriented people. It was generally an extremely odd interview. I ran out of there.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wouldn't want to work in the conditions that I had seen.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!