PetSmart Pet Training Instructor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2014

1.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pet Training Instructor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

After applying for about six months for any position available(I just wanted to work with animals) I got a call back. I feel that I got this call due to talking a lot with the area trainer at my previous job. After about a week of trying to get a hold of her and a specific manager I gave. Right as I gave up I got a call from the operations manager asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview. Went in two days later then the following day I went in for an interview with the store manager. Later that afternoon I got a call asking if I would be willing to do a drug test. Passed that and got hired! :D

Interview Questions
  • Questions specific to dog training. At the time I knew the basics sit, stay and down. Past that I did not know much.   View Answer
Always ask for higher then they offer, like a dollar or two and usually it will go through.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

Very informal. I got pulled into a closet of a manager "office" and had a pretty informal conversation with the manager. They were really nice guys, but the interview didn't feel professional enough.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can accurately read canine body language in a stressful setting.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

I was interviewed by the store's manager and operations manager. They asked me NO questions about my background and experience. Their only concern was whether I had a reliable car so I could get to work. They had no idea who they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was offered a very low hourly raise, the same they'd have given to an 18 year old with no experience or education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2010.

3 years ago, I applied for cashier, I called maybe a day or 2 after I applied to check the status of my application and they gave me an interview the next day, The interview process was very relaxed and the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. I got a call back for a second interview and had to "sell a product" to the store manager, that was probably the most difficult since I didn't know anything about that product. I got hired on as a cashier a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was to "sell a prouduct" to the store manager   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2008.

There really wasn't much of an interview process, they seemed pretty desperate to fill the position at the time.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember if there was anything that difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!