PetSmart

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pet Training Instructor

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – After applying for about six months for any position available(I just wanted to work with animals) I got a call back. I feel that I got this call due to talking a lot with the area trainer at my previous job. After about a week of trying to get a hold of her and a specific manager I gave. Right as I gave up I got a call from the operations manager asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview. Went in two days later then the following day I went in for an interview with the store manager. Later that afternoon I got a call asking if I would be willing to do a drug test. Passed that and got hired! :D

Interview Question – Questions specific to dog training. At the time I knew the basics sit, stay and down. Past that I did not know much.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always ask for higher then they offer, like a dollar or two and usually it will go through.

Parma, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – Very informal. I got pulled into a closet of a manager "office" and had a pretty informal conversation with the manager. They were really nice guys, but the interview didn't feel professional enough.

Interview Question – Do you think you can accurately read canine body language in a stressful setting.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the store's manager and operations manager. They asked me NO questions about my background and experience. Their only concern was whether I had a reliable car so I could get to work. They had no idea who they were hiring.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a very low hourly raise, the same they'd have given to an 18 year old with no experience or education.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chino Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 years ago, I applied for cashier, I called maybe a day or 2 after I applied to check the status of my application and they gave me an interview the next day, The interview process was very relaxed and the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. I got a call back for a second interview and had to "sell a product" to the store manager, that was probably the most difficult since I didn't know anything about that product. I got hired on as a cashier a couple days later.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was to "sell a prouduct" to the store manager   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2008.

Interview Details – There really wasn't much of an interview process, they seemed pretty desperate to fill the position at the time.

Interview Question – I don't remember if there was anything that difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!