PetSmart

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PetSmart

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date.
Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Question – All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online to become a general core worker for the store.
Afterwards, I walked into the store and asked the first person I saw who looked like a manager or senior staff member if they had any openings in the store.
The individual I happened to talk to worked in pet care and stated I had an opening.
They then reviewed my application, and had an in-person interview and afterwards, asked me to complete a drug-test before I could be hired.

Interview Question – "What is the hardest thing you've ever done"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fort Collins, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2008.

Interview Details – They make sure you like animals and have a general knowledge of them. As long as you act confident and really like animals you are more than likely to get the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the scenario questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is a little bit of negotiation but not much.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2009.

Interview Details – Basically I watched a 10 min video first and then one of the managers asked some questions. Another manager was present but he barely said anything at all. Just asked one question. They said they would look over the information and call me back tomorrow. Overall it was a very rewarding experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with a team.   Answer Question

San Carlos, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Nice lady asked if how familiar i was with animals, asked if i had any questions etc...

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – There is an online questionairre that is supposed to decide whether you are ethical or not. It takes about half an hour and asks you questions about criminals, fighting, jail, argumentative people, etc and tries to trip you upbe rephrasing it over and over. Then if you are lucky a month or two later you will get a call back. Or you will walk in and find out they forgot the papers in a pile on the desk a long time ago. Then they ask some questions about your pets and past work experience. Judging by some of the people they have hired, the questions don't determine much. You usually find out within a week if you are hired.

Interview Question – The questions were all relatively easy. I suppose the usual questions about dealing with angry customers or resolcing conflict would be good to have answers for in advance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You start at base wage. There is no negotiation. If you are extra lucky they will even lower your wage from the previous year without discussing it with you or even notifying you upon re hiring.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart Videos

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart Petcare Specialist interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees and interview candidates.