PetSmart Petcare Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Delray Beach, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy asked about my love of animals, why I wanted to work here things to the nature of my care for animals. Asked if I was scared around certain breeds. Very straight forward interview. Very relaxed. More of a conversation to get to know me

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Petcare Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date. Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Walnut, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

One on one in manager's office. I was asked about school and hobbies, if I would mind standing in a room for hours alone with dogs, and other job related questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were a dog what breed would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online to become a general core worker for the store. Afterwards, I walked into the store and asked the first person I saw who looked like a manager or senior staff member if they had any openings in the store. The individual I happened to talk to worked in pet care and stated I had an opening. They then reviewed my application, and had an in-person interview and afterwards, asked me to complete a drug-test before I could be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Basically I watched a 10 min video first and then one of the managers asked some questions. Another manager was present but he barely said anything at all. Just asked one question. They said they would look over the information and call me back tomorrow. Overall it was a very rewarding experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Carlos, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Nice lady asked if how familiar i was with animals, asked if i had any questions etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2008.

Interview

They make sure you like animals and have a general knowledge of them. As long as you act confident and really like animals you are more than likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the scenario questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a little bit of negotiation but not much.

Petcare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

There is an online questionairre that is supposed to decide whether you are ethical or not. It takes about half an hour and asks you questions about criminals, fighting, jail, argumentative people, etc and tries to trip you upbe rephrasing it over and over. Then if you are lucky a month or two later you will get a call back. Or you will walk in and find out they forgot the papers in a pile on the desk a long time ago. Then they ask some questions about your pets and past work experience. Judging by some of the people they have hired, the questions don't determine much. You usually find out within a week if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relatively easy. I suppose the usual questions about dealing with angry customers or resolcing conflict would be good to have answers for in advance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You start at base wage. There is no negotiation. If you are extra lucky they will even lower your wage from the previous year without discussing it with you or even notifying you upon re hiring.