PetSmart

PetSmart Petcare Specialist Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Petcare Specialist Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date.
Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Questions
  • All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question
None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2010.

Applied online to become a general core worker for the store.
    Afterwards, I walked into the store and asked the first person I saw who looked like a manager or senior staff member if they had any openings in the store.
    The individual I happened to talk to worked in pet care and stated I had an opening.
    They then reviewed my application, and had an in-person interview and afterwards, asked me to complete a drug-test before I could be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2009.

Basically I watched a 10 min video first and then one of the managers asked some questions. Another manager was present but he barely said anything at all. Just asked one question. They said they would look over the information and call me back tomorrow. Overall it was a very rewarding experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2009.

Nice lady asked if how familiar i was with animals, asked if i had any questions etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2008.

They make sure you like animals and have a general knowledge of them. As long as you act confident and really like animals you are more than likely to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the scenario questions.   View Answer
    There is a little bit of negotiation but not much.

Petcare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2010.

There is an online questionairre that is supposed to decide whether you are ethical or not. It takes about half an hour and asks you questions about criminals, fighting, jail, argumentative people, etc and tries to trip you upbe rephrasing it over and over. Then if you are lucky a month or two later you will get a call back. Or you will walk in and find out they forgot the papers in a pile on the desk a long time ago. Then they ask some questions about your pets and past work experience. Judging by some of the people they have hired, the questions don't determine much. You usually find out within a week if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all relatively easy. I suppose the usual questions about dealing with angry customers or resolcing conflict would be good to have answers for in advance.   View Answer
    You start at base wage. There is no negotiation. If you are extra lucky they will even lower your wage from the previous year without discussing it with you or even notifying you upon re hiring.