PetSmart

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – General Interview questions, was interviewed by two people on the same day.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with salon manager and was asked very basic interview questions about things like strengths&weaknesses. Afterwards the store manager came in and talked to me briefly. Like a week later they called me to say I was hired.

Interview Question – What do you like the least about working?   View Answer

Chambersburg, PA

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later was called in by the 2nd manager and was interviewed. I was then called and was asked to do a second interview with the Store Manager. After the interview with the store manager I then proceeded to take a urine analysis test at a different facility in that hour. After my drugs test came back, I was officially hired after being trained a few days prior. I was hired and then trained at the position that I was hired for.

Interview Question – How long am I planning on working at Pet Smart.   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was called on my cell and asked to call back to schedule an interview. I called the Petsmart Grooming salon and spoke to the manager to schedule an interview a day or two later. Came in early; the interview lasted fifteen minutes and was fairly informal. Asked typical interview questions, as well as, previous pet experience and why I wanted to work at Petsmart. Afterwards I was told I'd need a second interview with one of the store managers. Scheduled that for a few days later; the questions were about the same and just asking me about selling products and availability. The next day I was called in to pick up paperwork for a drug-test with Labcorp down the street. Once the result came in I was called to come in a fill out paperwork and start training with a bunch of videos. The videos and workbook took me about four hours to complete.
Overall the workplace was very relaxed and accommodating. Everyone, including upper management, was extremely friendly and polite. Almost everyone had a smile on their face and constantly joking around with one another in good fun. First time I've experience a workplace where everyone had a positive attitude and mood. I can tell this is a great place to work and gain animal care experience.

Interview Question – How would you sell a lease to a pet parent who has a large dog but is trying to buy a product/lease that is primarily for small dogs?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart Videos

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart Professional Bather interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees and interview candidates.