PetSmart

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Bather Interview

It was very easy i was in for about an hour talking. Questions are basic run of the mill questions. The application took the most time it was annoying.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Professional Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Easy one on one interview. However most of the questions were about up selling products which was confusing because the job I was applying for had no contact with the public.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an expensive brand of dog food compared to a cheaper one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online. Got called 3 days later for an interview. Two interviews. Manager didn't know what she was doing it was her first time ever interviewing. Personally I prefer petco salon better than petsmart it was just disgusting when they gave me a tour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart.

General Interview questions, was interviewed by two people on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2012.

I was called on my cell and asked to call back to schedule an interview. I called the Petsmart Grooming salon and spoke to the manager to schedule an interview a day or two later. Came in early; the interview lasted fifteen minutes and was fairly informal. Asked typical interview questions, as well as, previous pet experience and why I wanted to work at Petsmart. Afterwards I was told I'd need a second interview with one of the store managers. Scheduled that for a few days later; the questions were about the same and just asking me about selling products and availability. The next day I was called in to pick up paperwork for a drug-test with Labcorp down the street. Once the result came in I was called to come in a fill out paperwork and start training with a bunch of videos. The videos and workbook took me about four hours to complete.
    Overall the workplace was very relaxed and accommodating. Everyone, including upper management, was extremely friendly and polite. Almost everyone had a smile on their face and constantly joking around with one another in good fun. First time I've experience a workplace where everyone had a positive attitude and mood. I can tell this is a great place to work and gain animal care experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a lease to a pet parent who has a large dog but is trying to buy a product/lease that is primarily for small dogs?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart in May 2012.

I applied online and two days later was called in by the 2nd manager and was interviewed. I was then called and was asked to do a second interview with the Store Manager. After the interview with the store manager I then proceeded to take a urine analysis test at a different facility in that hour. After my drugs test came back, I was officially hired after being trained a few days prior. I was hired and then trained at the position that I was hired for.

Interview Questions
    • How long am I planning on working at Pet Smart.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2011.

Interviewed with salon manager and was asked very basic interview questions about things like strengths&weaknesses. Afterwards the store manager came in and talked to me briefly. Like a week later they called me to say I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like the least about working?   View Answer