PetSmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was simple, got called and went for an interview. The interview was at the store location and i was told to wait and sit in a chair. I was called in and asked a few questions. The questions were not difficult and the person interviewing was the store manager. It was a good atmosphere overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Albany, GA).

Interview

Group interview with 2 other candidates. Manager asked questions about experience with animals, and got to know our personalities. Was just an ok experience. Said she still had other candidates to interview as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

I called in response to an ad. They asked me to come in. i met with the hiring manager and was hired on the spot. They asked a couple of questions about my schedule and experience. Then they gave me a tour of the store and a handbook to learn about each department.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Easy questions, gave situation questions, very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Norcross, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

For any position you are applying for, they give you a quick run down of how the job works. Then, they ask questions on how you would deal with customer situations and if you have any prior knowledge that would be useful (to avoid time for training). ---OPTIONAL: After the hiring manager reviews your credentials, she sends out for second interviews with the head manager.---- Next, the qualifying candidates will return to negotiate pay rate, get legal paperwork, and paper for drug screening. If the drug screen comes back negative, a manager will call you back in to receive your uniform shirts (Pants, shoes, and belts must be purchased by the employee). The team/lead manager over the department you are applying for will be there during the post interview. It is to get a feel for who they will be training.

Interview Questions

• What animals are you willing to work with?   3 Answers
    • What sets you apart from other people applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you an estimate based on your skills of what you will be making. The hours are not set in stone, but if you work hard, the hours will be given to you (possibly a full-time in the future).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Johns Creek, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online. two - three hour long application. Checked in person with store manager a week after applying to set up 1st interview. Had 3 different manager interviews. Drug tested. Was hired 2 weeks later. Entire process took 1 1/2 months.

Interview Questions

• What type of animals are you fine to work with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't one really. they asked what I'd like to make and told me what they would pay me. Started at $8.50/hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Meridian, ID) in January 2010.

Interview

Very friendly interview. Common sense questions. Read up about dogs and cats. Most PetParents have a dog or a cat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Moderate work. Fun job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Niles, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

went for group meeting and watched video. then scheduled one to one interview. asked few scenario questions like what would u do if u caught a co-worker stealing. and name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help another co-worker and describe what happened. was pretty smooth process and manager interviewed me was really nice. like the job alot because i love pets.

Interview Questions

• name a time u did something to help out a fellow coworker   1 Answer

Negotiation

high-ball em

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bloomingdale, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

The application is, of course, online. If they're hiring, you should hear from them within two weeks of applying. When you get called in, you at first just walk around the store. They then call you to the front on the intercom, and then you go to the breakroom with a bunch of other interviewees. As a group, you watch a company video and hear about the company from a manager. You are then interviewed one on one with a manager outside of the breakroom, walking around the store.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy. In fact, the most "difficult" was just the standard: Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in November 2011.

Interview

The store manager called me a week or so after I applied online to schedule for an interview later that day. Within a few days, I was interviewed by two different managers - both of them telling me that it was only for a seasonal position and that they'd pretty much hire me on the spot for showing up and that they would pick one person out from the seasonal hires to keep permanently. Most of the interview questions were behavioral/situational questions, and they asked a lot about my previous work experience, which I did not have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you taught someone something at your previous jobs.   Answer Question