PetSmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart.

I called in response to an ad. They asked me to come in. i met with the hiring manager and was hired on the spot. They asked a couple of questions about my schedule and experience. Then they gave me a tour of the store and a handbook to learn about each department.

None

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Easy questions, gave situation questions, very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

For any position you are applying for, they give you a quick run down of how the job works. Then, they ask questions on how you would deal with customer situations and if you have any prior knowledge that would be useful (to avoid time for training). ---OPTIONAL: After the hiring manager reviews your credentials, she sends out for second interviews with the head manager.---- Next, the qualifying candidates will return to negotiate pay rate, get legal paperwork, and paper for drug screening. If the drug screen comes back negative, a manager will call you back in to receive your uniform shirts (Pants, shoes, and belts must be purchased by the employee). The team/lead manager over the department you are applying for will be there during the post interview. It is to get a feel for who they will be training.

Interview Questions
    • What animals are you willing to work with?   View Answers (2)
    • What sets you apart from other people applying for this position?   View Answer
    They give you an estimate based on your skills of what you will be making. The hours are not set in stone, but if you work hard, the hours will be given to you (possibly a full-time in the future).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart in January 2010.

Very friendly interview. Common sense questions. Read up about dogs and cats. Most PetParents have a dog or a cat.

Moderate work. Fun job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2009.

went for group meeting and watched video. then scheduled one to one interview. asked few scenario questions like what would u do if u caught a co-worker stealing. and name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help another co-worker and describe what happened. was pretty smooth process and manager interviewed me was really nice. like the job alot because i love pets.

Interview Questions
    • name a time u did something to help out a fellow coworker   View Answer
    high-ball em

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2008.

The application is, of course, online. If they're hiring, you should hear from them within two weeks of applying. When you get called in, you at first just walk around the store. They then call you to the front on the intercom, and then you go to the breakroom with a bunch of other interviewees. As a group, you watch a company video and hear about the company from a manager. You are then interviewed one on one with a manager outside of the breakroom, walking around the store.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. In fact, the most "difficult" was just the standard: Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2011.

The store manager called me a week or so after I applied online to schedule for an interview later that day. Within a few days, I was interviewed by two different managers - both of them telling me that it was only for a seasonal position and that they'd pretty much hire me on the spot for showing up and that they would pick one person out from the seasonal hires to keep permanently. Most of the interview questions were behavioral/situational questions, and they asked a lot about my previous work experience, which I did not have.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you taught someone something at your previous jobs.   Answer Question