PetSmart

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Montgomery, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I called in response to an ad. They asked me to come in. i met with the hiring manager and was hired on the spot. They asked a couple of questions about my schedule and experience. Then they gave me a tour of the store and a handbook to learn about each department.

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Oceanside, CA

I applied online and interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – Easy questions, gave situation questions, very relaxed.

Interview Question – What did you hate about your last boss?   Answer Question

Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2008.

Interview Details – The application is, of course, online. If they're hiring, you should hear from them within two weeks of applying. When you get called in, you at first just walk around the store. They then call you to the front on the intercom, and then you go to the breakroom with a bunch of other interviewees. As a group, you watch a company video and hear about the company from a manager. You are then interviewed one on one with a manager outside of the breakroom, walking around the store.

Interview Question – Questions were easy. In fact, the most "difficult" was just the standard: Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Meridian, ID

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview. Common sense questions. Read up about dogs and cats. Most PetParents have a dog or a cat.

Interview Question – Your worst customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Moderate work. Fun job.

Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – For any position you are applying for, they give you a quick run down of how the job works. Then, they ask questions on how you would deal with customer situations and if you have any prior knowledge that would be useful (to avoid time for training). ---OPTIONAL: After the hiring manager reviews your credentials, she sends out for second interviews with the head manager.---- Next, the qualifying candidates will return to negotiate pay rate, get legal paperwork, and paper for drug screening. If the drug screen comes back negative, a manager will call you back in to receive your uniform shirts (Pants, shoes, and belts must be purchased by the employee). The team/lead manager over the department you are applying for will be there during the post interview. It is to get a feel for who they will be training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They give you an estimate based on your skills of what you will be making. The hours are not set in stone, but if you work hard, the hours will be given to you (possibly a full-time in the future).

Niles, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2009.

Interview Details – went for group meeting and watched video. then scheduled one to one interview. asked few scenario questions like what would u do if u caught a co-worker stealing. and name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help another co-worker and describe what happened. was pretty smooth process and manager interviewed me was really nice. like the job alot because i love pets.

Interview Question – name a time u did something to help out a fellow coworker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – high-ball em

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in November 2011.

Interview Details – The store manager called me a week or so after I applied online to schedule for an interview later that day. Within a few days, I was interviewed by two different managers - both of them telling me that it was only for a seasonal position and that they'd pretty much hire me on the spot for showing up and that they would pick one person out from the seasonal hires to keep permanently. Most of the interview questions were behavioral/situational questions, and they asked a lot about my previous work experience, which I did not have.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you taught someone something at your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!