PetSmart Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Eau Claire, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very laid back, had the second interview right away. After this I had to take a drug test after a few day wait for a phone call back, and another week to have the drug screen cleared. It was a pretty long process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Mount Washing, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Mount Washing, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Friendly. Just asked me basic questions about my work history. Talked about pets more than anything. I did not do much talking, just sat and listened and smiled a lot.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online. Had 2 interviews. One with the operations manager and the other with the store manager. They seemed really nice when I first met them, as all employers seem at the beginning. There was really no planning involved. They told me when to come in to meet with them. We talked about what my expectations for the job was and where I saw myself in 5 years. It's easy for me to catch onto things so I noticed the operations manager was a football fan so I talked to him about that, and I noticed the store manager was a nerd so I worked in some video game talk amongst other nerdy things and made the overall interview process with them a bit less formal and more personal.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I think the only one that kind of caught me off guard was the "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" question. I didn't know whether to tell them about where I plan to be in the company or in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jenkintown, PA).

Interview

After filling out the online application. I was called by the manager in the same day. I was invited for an interview the next day. The manager talked the whole time during the interview and asked me couple simple questions. Then I was told that I would be contacted if they wanted me. I was not called back.

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Moore, OK) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a call scheduling my first 1:1 interview. Went to that on a Thursday. The manager said he had to talk to the other manager that did interviews the previous day and they would get back to me. I didn't hear anything by Monday so I called saying I was checking on my application. The manager I interviewed with on Thursday said he was just trying to get the other manager to decide on a time to get me in for a second interview. I got a call a few hours later from the second manager and we scheduled my interview for that afternoon. After he was done asking questions he went to look for the first manager I had interviewed with. He couldn't find him so he came back in the room and paged him. The first manager came in and the second one asked if he thinks they should hire me. They went back and forth joking around then finally the second manager told the first manager to get me a drug test form. It was pretty casual and not uptight at all. Very laid back. I did the drug test immediately after the interview and they called me on Friday telling me I passed the drug test and to come in the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I put on my application, even though it was more than what stockers usually get starting out.

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Humble, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Had a friend that worked at the store I was applying to. Since he knew the management it got my file pushed up to the top. Also It helped that I walked in a talked to several of the other managers first before applying to get my name and face in their heads. I then applied online and then waited for a phone call. Once I got a call they set up an interview at the store.

Interview Questions

• There where no questions about me asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of one. Since it was my 3rd small job I only got to play with pay just a small amout

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Very, very laid back. Didn't ask many questions. Could tell they're more focused on trying to get to know you above all else. I can hardly even think of the questions because it was more focused on my availability and just basically why I want the job.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. They do ask if you're a pet parent and see how passionate you are in this regard.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2012.

Interview

I arrived exactly when the interview had been scheduled. I told a cashier up front that I was there for the interview and she called the manager to the front of the store. The manager was very professional and straight to the point. She asked me a few questions then took me to the stock room and explained what the job would entail. She then asked me if this is what I wanted to do. She then took me around the store and asked me to tell her the difference between two very similar products. She then took me back to her office and asked me several more questions such as: Why PetSmart? How do you motivate yourself? Give me an example of when someone came to you with a problem? Then she concluded the interview by telling me she had two more people to interview and that I would find out if I had the job or not next week.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in September 2010.

Interview

Very basic interview for a very basic job. The hours for stock work would have been nice, 4 or 5 am, til 11 am. Part time work about 20 hours per week. The position only paid $8.50 an hour with a dime raise or something like that. I was just looking for an easy pt job close to home, I thought maybe the job would have paid around $12. That's retail for you.

pay was to low

Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2008.

Interview

I sat in a room knowing I had the job before the interview took place. The presentation manager came in with paperwork, told me to fill them out and that this was my first interview. While I filled out the paperwork the presentation manager left and the operations manager entered. He said this was my second interview, collected the paperwork, and thanked me for coming in. I never even received a phone call with my start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None existant. I told them what I needed to work there and they agreed to pay it. There was no haggling or room for negotiations. It was quite simple. I'm not sure that this was the typical experience, however it was my experience with the company.