PetSmart Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Started with a recruitment phone call and took about 4 months. The calls were easy and definitely not challenging, they used typical situational questions which are getting very old. I say this because any intelligent person can come up with a scenario quickly on what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a dog lost it's life in your store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Petsmart is looking for experience and a passion for pets. The first part is typical "why petsmart" type questions, and it is clear from leadership that animals should be a passion. This is also a positive because that means re team is filled associates that have the same views. All questions were situational. Tell me about a time you did this.... There were a lot, and many you could speak of the same scenario, however that felt like a trap. 4 interviews total over a few weeks. All with different field level managers. Nice experience, each went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness, how it would prevent you from succeeding in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was sufficient, no negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call from DM to schedule interview. Met with DM , conversation went well, asked standard behavioral questions. Asked if I was interested in another location then I had applied for. That location was considerably out of area I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in other area?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Brea, CA).

Interview

Basic hiring process. You will conduct at least two interviews. For this position you should expect to interview with the District Manager and possibly the HR representative for the area.

Interview Questions

• If you are used to interviewing for this type of position I would be surprised if any question comes as a surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was done over the phone and I was given and offer and discussed my position. After a short conversation I accepted the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I was being sold on this position by the interviewer. Tip. In a tough job market, if you are being "sold" on any position like this, that should be your first red flag! I bought into it. Met at a hotel lobby, lasted about an hour or so. Mainly bragging about the company and how its superior to all other companies.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview, previous employers, good customer experience, bad customer experience. What would you do scenarios.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Start with a interview with another store manager sometimes 2, Possible panel interview setting, interview with DM. Phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Looking for how you handle different situtations in your past.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2011.

Interview

The interview can be long. There are generally several different levels of leadership to interview with. The online application is long and tedious. Make sure to read all of the questions carefully.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone who needed a lot of service or attention? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Solid interview process based on behavior interview techniques with three upper management members that will interview you on an individual basis and score you. You have to get through the first interview to be recommended for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions: Tell me about a time you had an upset guest. How did you handle the guest and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Long and tedious. Had multiple phone interviews and in person interviews. Mostly behavioral based questions. They have a set list of questions they ask. Each interview was exactly the same...just a different person asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an employee who was underperforming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

Analytical screening, Interview with two existing store managers and district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None needed