PetSmart Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Basic hiring process. You will conduct at least two interviews. For this position you should expect to interview with the District Manager and possibly the HR representative for the area.

Interview Questions
  • If you are used to interviewing for this type of position I would be surprised if any question comes as a surprise.   Answer Question
This was done over the phone and I was given and offer and discussed my position. After a short conversation I accepted the position.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Start with a interview with another store manager sometimes 2, Possible panel interview setting, interview with DM. Phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions. Looking for how you handle different situtations in your past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2009.

Analytical screening, Interview with two existing store managers and district manager.

None needed

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

2 interviews, One with HR and one with DM

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Applied online and had 2 phone interviews. HR had many questions about my management experience. After the phone interviews I had a one on one interview with the DM at a store location.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a challenging situation and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Rec'd a call on the phone with a offer and was asked if I was interested in the offer.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in May 2011.

Applied on-line and received a phone interview a few weeks with basic questions about past experience and management style, customer service. Was forwarded to the DM for the area for a 1:1 interview. Asked behavioral questions from a packet that were very similar in nature. Three questions into the interview the DM stopped the interview and said it wasn't going to work out and that I wasn't the right fit for this position. I've had over 13 years of experience in retail with managing a 6.5 million store. Looking back I really didn't want to work at PetSmart it just wasn't something I would enjoy doing I think he could tell I wasn't excited. One thing that I've learned you MUST be passionate about the company and position you are applying for. It is not worth it JUST to get a job. I have learned that for sure and will only apply to companies that I can see myself working for and have a TRUE passion in working for. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Using a metric, explain how you used this metric to determine a course of action to address a negative aspect within your store.   View Answers (2)

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in July 2010.

Interview process began with a Store manager from the district position was in, calling me and doing an hour long screening for the District Manager. I was then called to come in for a panel interview which consisted of the District Manager and 3 Store Managers in the district. I was then contacted by a District Manager from another District that did an hour long phone interview. Then I was contacted by the regional HR director which performed another hour long interview. In all the process took nearly 4 weeks and I spoke with 7 differant individuals.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2009.

Applied on-line. Had phone interview with recruiter with pre-determined questions. Had in-person interview with DM with similar questions, Follow-up phone interview with DM from another district. All interviews were professional. Questions were from a standard interview guide.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question about result most proud of.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2009.

Long!!! about 5 interviews.

Interview Questions
    No opportuity to negotiate.