PetSmart Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Started with a recruitment phone call and took about 4 months. The calls were easy and definitely not challenging, they used typical situational questions which are getting very old. I say this because any intelligent person can come up with a scenario quickly on what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a dog lost it's life in your store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Petsmart is looking for experience and a passion for pets. The first part is typical "why petsmart" type questions, and it is clear from leadership that animals should be a passion. This is also a positive because that means re team is filled associates that have the same views. All questions were situational. Tell me about a time you did this.... There were a lot, and many you could speak of the same scenario, however that felt like a trap.

4 interviews total over a few weeks. All with different field level managers. Nice experience, each went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness, how it would prevent you from succeeding in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was sufficient, no negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call from DM to schedule interview. Met with DM , conversation went well, asked standard behavioral questions. Asked if I was interested in another location then I had applied for. That location was considerably out of area I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in other area?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (Brea, CA).

Interview

Basic hiring process. You will conduct at least two interviews. For this position you should expect to interview with the District Manager and possibly the HR representative for the area.

Interview Questions

• If you are used to interviewing for this type of position I would be surprised if any question comes as a surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was done over the phone and I was given and offer and discussed my position. After a short conversation I accepted the position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Start with a interview with another store manager sometimes 2, Possible panel interview setting, interview with DM. Phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Looking for how you handle different situtations in your past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PetSmart (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Solid interview process based on behavior interview techniques with three upper management members that will interview you on an individual basis and score you. You have to get through the first interview to be recommended for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions: Tell me about a time you had an upset guest. How did you handle the guest and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

Analytical screening, Interview with two existing store managers and district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None needed

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

2 interviews, One with HR and one with DM

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online and had 2 phone interviews. HR had many questions about my management experience. After the phone interviews I had a one on one interview with the DM at a store location.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Rec'd a call on the phone with a offer and was asked if I was interested in the offer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in May 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line and received a phone interview a few weeks with basic questions about past experience and management style, customer service. Was forwarded to the DM for the area for a 1:1 interview. Asked behavioral questions from a packet that were very similar in nature. Three questions into the interview the DM stopped the interview and said it wasn't going to work out and that I wasn't the right fit for this position. I've had over 13 years of experience in retail with managing a 6.5 million store. Looking back I really didn't want to work at PetSmart it just wasn't something I would enjoy doing I think he could tell I wasn't excited. One thing that I've learned you MUST be passionate about the company and position you are applying for. It is not worth it JUST to get a job. I have learned that for sure and will only apply to companies that I can see myself working for and have a TRUE passion in working for. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Using a metric, explain how you used this metric to determine a course of action to address a negative aspect within your store.   2 Answers