Petco

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Petco in February 2010.

I applied for a grooming assistant, sales associate, and dog trainer. They called me for the first interview and asked easy questions in their office. They asked me to wait for their next phone call for a follow-up. I waited two weeks and they called me back for an interview with the assistant manager. I came in and found out the assistant manager was not in, but the manager came in a little later and had to deal with arguing customers. I understood the situation and waited, yet when I was finally "interviewed" they realized they called in the wrong person, yet offered to give me an assistant dog training position. They said they would set me up with a third interview with the assistant manager and the person in charge of dog training to get the "feel" of the job. I waited it out a week, called them back, found out from the assistant that the manager needs to make a final decision, yet he was out of the country... I called again asking about the position, it was not filled but the assistant said he would ask the manager. Ever since then I gave up and never received a call. Very disorganized and unprofessional in my opinion. I will never apply to this store again.

Interview Questions