Petco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Skokie, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Petco in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was brought into the stock room in the back of the store with one other interviewee. The assistant store manager conducted the interview with the grooming manager, who only sat in on the interview. She asked me some basic questions that had to do with relating previous job experience to this position I was hoping to get. It was very informal. The twist was when she asked us to go out onto the sales floor and grab one item to give a sales pitch to an imaginary customer. She was just looking for enthusiasm and a good description about how to use the product and why I liked it. After the interview was through I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – Please go out onto the sales floor and find a product to sell to an imaginary customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because she claimed that the store did not have the budget to offer anything more than $8.50/hr. I later found out that the store was in fact, operating below maximum as far as employees.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Petco in November 2013.

Interview Details – I've always wanted to work at a pet store. So one day, I decided to put in an application. Maybe a day later, I got a call back asking to come in for an interview. I was excited. At the interview, it was short and to the point. I would say no more than 5 minutes. I got a call back maybe a few days later asking if I wanted the job; and of course I said YES!

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. I think it really depends on the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They gave me the average pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Dog Trainer
North Riverside, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Petco in May 2010.

Interview Details – Durring the interview i was asked about past employment and skills that pertained to the job i was applying for. we did a roleplay where i was asked to handle a disgruntled customer and to sell a dog training class to the manager. it was an easy interview conducted by a nice but business like manager.

Interview Question – roleplay   Answer Question

Worked for Petco? Contribute to the Community!