Petco Interview Questions

2.2

Grooming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Applied online and went to an open group interview on Friday. The next Wednesday I dropped off my resume and the gave me a second interview which I had that Friday with the store and grooming manager. It was a pleasant and easy interview.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable salary. grooming assistants start at $8.00/per hour or 40% commission

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Petco.

This part was great because the Grooming Salon Manager at the time was a decent person, a good manager, and had the best interest of the salon in mind.

Interview Questions
    • I think I have more interviewing experience than the GM at this store. Very little was said.   View Answer
    N/A - $9.00 hour non-negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Started with an online application and attended an open group interview on Friday (I had not originally planned on applying, but there was a sign on the door when I went to buy dog food)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one! It was very chill and laid back, I was only asked about my previous reptile and fish experience.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Took about 3 weeks total. I was looking for a job through Aerotek and they informed me of a temporary merchandising position. I was first interviewed by Aerotek and then two interviews with the company, both back to back. Questions were about background.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were relatively easy but unexpected question was what's your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Cashier/Grooming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tarpon Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarpon Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Petco.

I applied online and got a call from the manager a few days later offering an interview. She had informed me that there would be a group interview in a week and that I could attend if I wanted. At the interview three people including myself all sat net to each other in the store while the manage explained things to us. We were handed a clipboard with two pages of various job interview questions on it. Then the manager each handed us a product and asked us to sell the product to her.
    The whole process took around forty minutes.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Petco.

I filled out in application for every available position because I really wanted to work there. A week later I was called in for an interview where the manager commented on how he called me in because I applied for so many positions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Petco.

Prior to the interview i applied online, a few days later i called to check the status of the application. couldnt get a hold of the manager but was told to come in for an interview. turned out to be a group interview which i had never done before so it was intimidating at least. i went in for the interview dressed casually but not in blue jeans. nice shirt and new shoes. i dont have any tatoos or piercings so nothing to cover up. i came with a couple copies of my resume and noticed others had too. basic introductions were made a few questions about availability and types of pets at home and the type you can work with.

Interview Questions
    • they asked us to go through the store, find an object and sell it to them. i should also mention it wasnt just one person. it was 2 managers and another employee. we all chose something different and i felt confident with my product especially after one of the guys picked a pooper scooper and talked down on the little poop baggies that the main manager so promptly pointed out that he prefers.   View Answers (2)

Companion Animal Department Manager Interview

Called for an interview, we talked for about an hour, and then he offered me the job

He offered less than I wanted per hour, but we settled on a compromise

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Petco in March 2014.

I applied online. Part of the application requires taking an IQ test and personality test. After about 1 week, I received a phone call for an interview from an assistant manager. (The general manager doesn't perform initial interviews.) I was told I would hear back in a few days from the GM, but that never happened. Based on the overall condition of the store, I think I know why ...

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain the nitrogen cycle, identify four freshwater live bearers, identify four types of tetras, explain how a hydrometer works, and determine the best temperature for an aquarium.   View Answers (2)

Pet Stylist Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Augustine, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Petco in March 2014.

One interview, only a few questions. Explained pay and hours and benefits. Running a background check now. They called me and set up an interview. Met the groomed first then the general manager. The only setback was that they put an add out for apprenticeships, then told me I may not be able to start that process for another 4 months!!! In the meantime I would be washing dogs at 7.97 per hour or 30% commission for each dog bathed. For both positions you get paid which ever cash amount is larger. Wasn't expecting minimum wage, I haven't worked for that wage for at least 15-17 years! Hope they are busy. I also want to know if when I'm done apprenticing and get my certification, if that certification is reputable and respected, as well as recognized by other grooming salons.

Minimum wage 7.97 or 50% commission on each dog groomed