Petco Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.2

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Petco.

I applied online and was called about two weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview at the store. I was asked a few basic interview questions and what pets I currently have. I was also asked if I was comfortable handeling reptiles and I replied yes, because I have several snakes. The interviewer seemed impressed. After that, I was told that they would get back to me within a week and that they still had a few people to interview. Four days later I recieved a call back with an offer. I wore a decent cotton shirt, a cardigan, jeans and flats to the interview.

N/A

Aquatics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Petco.

there will be two interviews one my general manager and by co manager you need to know your aquatic life.
    basic things like what are the 3 types of filtration, what fish can go with what fish, marine life is a must!
    basic understanding of customer service is another thing you need.

Interview Questions
    • define and list in order the nitrogen cycle   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Petco in May 2014.

I applied Online in January because they were opening a new store in the summer. I got an e-mail in May to attend a job fair at a hotel for the new location. During the job fair, I filled out another application and had to wait for my pre-interview. During the pre-interview the interviewer asks you the basics: how are you with animals, hours available to work, part-time or full-time. Once that was over, I had to wait to get an interview with the new manager. There were 4 people ahead of me and their interviews ranged from 20 to 30 minutes - I was a very long process, longer than expected. When it came to my turn, the manager seem to have written me off already. He asked about my experience - since I was a dog walker, I though my knowledge of animals would help me. It didn't. The manager was worried about people with retail experience so he didn't have to train a lot. Our interview was 10 minutes, half of which the manager discussed the process of opening a new store what that en-tells for employees. The manager told me if I got the job, that they would contact me. I did not receive any calls or e-mails confirming or declining employment.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you showed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Pet Groomer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Fort Myers, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Ridiculous , computers were always down took two week to get to the testing part then more waiting and sent home . SM, HAS NO CLUE wasting m time and gas going back an forth

None

Grooming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Applied online and went to an open group interview on Friday. The next Wednesday I dropped off my resume and the gave me a second interview which I had that Friday with the store and grooming manager. It was a pleasant and easy interview.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable salary. grooming assistants start at $8.00/per hour or 40% commission

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Petco.

This part was great because the Grooming Salon Manager at the time was a decent person, a good manager, and had the best interest of the salon in mind.

Interview Questions
    • I think I have more interviewing experience than the GM at this store. Very little was said.   View Answer
    N/A - $9.00 hour non-negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Started with an online application and attended an open group interview on Friday (I had not originally planned on applying, but there was a sign on the door when I went to buy dog food)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one! It was very chill and laid back, I was only asked about my previous reptile and fish experience.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Took about 3 weeks total. I was looking for a job through Aerotek and they informed me of a temporary merchandising position. I was first interviewed by Aerotek and then two interviews with the company, both back to back. Questions were about background.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were relatively easy but unexpected question was what's your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Petco.

I filled out in application for every available position because I really wanted to work there. A week later I was called in for an interview where the manager commented on how he called me in because I applied for so many positions.

Cashier/Grooming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarpon Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarpon Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petco.

I applied online and got a call from the manager a few days later offering an interview. She had informed me that there would be a group interview in a week and that I could attend if I wanted. At the interview three people including myself all sat net to each other in the store while the manage explained things to us. We were handed a clipboard with two pages of various job interview questions on it. Then the manager each handed us a product and asked us to sell the product to her.
    The whole process took around forty minutes.