Petco

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.0

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petco.

The manager interviewed two of us at the same time. She basically explained to us how she runs the store and what she expects from us. She asked us a few questions but they were just about how we should treat "partners".

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this job. Was the only real interview question.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Sales Associate Interview

The process was easy and quick with a phone interview and a one on one interview to see how you perform. The interview was just like any typical retail job except involving animals in the store

Another opportunity

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Petco in August 2014.

I had 2 interviews and didn't get the job however the process was very long. I applied back in like January and I finally got a call in August and they were actually surprised at how over dressed I was for such a job.

Interview Questions
    • What products does the company carry, and why don't they carry certain brands?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Petco.

you walk in, sit in back room, talk about nothing, you get hired because they're desperate for employees... boom that's it you have now earned a job that you will hate and eventually quit. congrats.

but seriously they accept walk ins. they are only really looking for cashiers though so be prepared to be asked to apply for that instead of what you originally wanted.

there was none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Petco.

I applied online and didn't hear anything, so I called and they said to come in at a specific time any week for a group interview. I did exactly that. They said we could expect to hear back from them in a week - called them after a week, and they weren't ready. Called them after 2 weeks and they said they still haven't gotten back to anyone (despite mentioning how desperately they need workers) and they would get back to me. They never got back to me again.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Simple questions, like do you have pets/allergies/previous experience with animals or retail, and availability.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Petco in June 2014.

I applied online and called the store they told me to come in for the open interview and basically the interview was like a roleplay exercise first you had to tell them about yourself etc then you had to get a pet product and sell it to them after that the manager said she would call me back in about a week got the job cause they needed store associates.

didn't negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Petco in June 2014.

I applied online through their career services and was called for a phone interview about a month later. I was asked basic questions like, why did I want the job, what is my experience, education, when could I work etc. Phone interview went well and a week later I was called for an in-person interview. The in-person interview went well also. I was asked how I would handle a situation where there was dog pee on the floor, a customer waiting in line, and a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • This may be a weird question to have a problem with but I was asked, "Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service". I had to think about it for a good few seconds.   Answer Question
    They told me their average pay was $8.15, and they were flexible with hours which is ideal for a student like myself.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Petco.

I applied online and was called about two weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview at the store. I was asked a few basic interview questions and what pets I currently have. I was also asked if I was comfortable handeling reptiles and I replied yes, because I have several snakes. The interviewer seemed impressed. After that, I was told that they would get back to me within a week and that they still had a few people to interview. Four days later I recieved a call back with an offer. I wore a decent cotton shirt, a cardigan, jeans and flats to the interview.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petco in April 2014.

Started with an online application and attended an open group interview on Friday (I had not originally planned on applying, but there was a sign on the door when I went to buy dog food)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one! It was very chill and laid back, I was only asked about my previous reptile and fish experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Petco.

Prior to the interview i applied online, a few days later i called to check the status of the application. couldnt get a hold of the manager but was told to come in for an interview. turned out to be a group interview which i had never done before so it was intimidating at least. i went in for the interview dressed casually but not in blue jeans. nice shirt and new shoes. i dont have any tatoos or piercings so nothing to cover up. i came with a couple copies of my resume and noticed others had too. basic introductions were made a few questions about availability and types of pets at home and the type you can work with.

Interview Questions
    • they asked us to go through the store, find an object and sell it to them. i should also mention it wasnt just one person. it was 2 managers and another employee. we all chose something different and i felt confident with my product especially after one of the guys picked a pooper scooper and talked down on the little poop baggies that the main manager so promptly pointed out that he prefers.   Answer Question