Petco

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Petco in January 2008.

Interview Details – -3 interviews with HR, Area manager, disctric manager. 2 weeks period
-Need 2 or more yrs of retail managment experience
-Be upbeat and positive during interview
-Know your P&L will make big impression. Area to know: Positive sales year over year, inventory lost, employee turn over rate.
-Know store manager daily routine
-Dress up for interview, (suit, Tie, etc.)
-Come with list of questions in hand, examples (business related, work flow, staffing, budget, etc.)
-Visit a store before interview to come up with constuctive questions.
-Relax and Be yourself!!

Interview Question – None, if you come prepare with knowledge of retail operation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate start date. Start with high salary but leave yourself open for negotiation and let them make an offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Store Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Petco in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with a recruiter. This was followed by an interview with the District Manager. Following the interview with the District Manager, I interviewed with a Human Resources rep. After that I interviewed with an RVP. Be very customer oriented. They are very big on operational strengths.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Petco in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out. Mine was for a bench manager position which they soon eliminated after I was hired.

Interview Question – They asked about any volunter experience. They were serious that the candidate be involved in the community.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tried to lowball me at 32,000, I started with 53,00 and we ended at 45,000.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Petco

Worked for Petco? Contribute to the Community!

Petco Videos

Petco – Why Work for Us?

Improve the lives of pets and their parents. If you have a passion to enhance the bond people have with their pets, PETCO has the career for you. You’ll work in a fun environment with great people who share your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Petco Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Petco employees and interview candidates.