Petco Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with DM, then telephone interview with VPRO. Covered skill set, past experience, what would you do? type of questions. Laid out opportunities at the store and what plans I had for the future.

Interview Questions

• Basic "tell me about a time" questions. Do you have pets?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco in May 2010.

Interview

There was an initial interview with a recruiter. This was followed by an interview with the District Manager. Following the interview with the District Manager, I interviewed with a Human Resources rep. After that I interviewed with an RVP. Be very customer oriented. They are very big on operational strengths.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petco in April 2009.

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Mine was for a bench manager position which they soon eliminated after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked about any volunter experience. They were serious that the candidate be involved in the community.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to lowball me at 32,000, I started with 53,00 and we ended at 45,000.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco in January 2008.

Interview

-3 interviews with HR, Area manager, disctric manager. 2 weeks period -Need 2 or more yrs of retail managment experience -Be upbeat and positive during interview -Know your P&L will make big impression. Area to know: Positive sales year over year, inventory lost, employee turn over rate. -Know store manager daily routine -Dress up for interview, (suit, Tie, etc.) -Come with list of questions in hand, examples (business related, work flow, staffing, budget, etc.) -Visit a store before interview to come up with constuctive questions. -Relax and Be yourself!!

Interview Questions

• None, if you come prepare with knowledge of retail operation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate start date. Start with high salary but leave yourself open for negotiation and let them make an offer.