Petco

Petco Store Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petco in May 2010.

There was an initial interview with a recruiter. This was followed by an interview with the District Manager. Following the interview with the District Manager, I interviewed with a Human Resources rep. After that I interviewed with an RVP. Be very customer oriented. They are very big on operational strengths.

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Petco in April 2009.

Very long and drawn out. Mine was for a bench manager position which they soon eliminated after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about any volunter experience. They were serious that the candidate be involved in the community.   View Answer
    They tried to lowball me at 32,000, I started with 53,00 and we ended at 45,000.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Petco in January 2008.

-3 interviews with HR, Area manager, disctric manager. 2 weeks period
    -Need 2 or more yrs of retail managment experience
    -Be upbeat and positive during interview
    -Know your P&L will make big impression. Area to know: Positive sales year over year, inventory lost, employee turn over rate.
    -Know store manager daily routine
    -Dress up for interview, (suit, Tie, etc.)
    -Come with list of questions in hand, examples (business related, work flow, staffing, budget, etc.)
    -Visit a store before interview to come up with constuctive questions.
    -Relax and Be yourself!!

Interview Questions
    • None, if you come prepare with knowledge of retail operation.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate start date. Start with high salary but leave yourself open for negotiation and let them make an offer.