Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Petco
- Sales Associate (70)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (22)
- Grooming Assistant (18)
- Cashier (17)
- General Manager (9)
- Companion Animal Department Manager (9)
- Dog and Cat Department Manager (7)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Assistant Store Manager (7)
- Inventory and Pricing Department Manager (6)
- Retail Sales Associate (5)
- Aquatics Specialist (5)
- Store Associate (5)
- Dog Trainer (5)
- Store Manager (4)
- Pet Groomer (4)
- Pet Stylist (4)
- Groomer (3)
- Merchandise Analyst (3)
- Sale Associate (3)
- Customer Service Advisor (3)
- Sales Expert (3)
- Grooming Salon Manager (3)
- Marketing Data Analyst (3)
- Customer Advisor (2)
- Manager (2)
- Pet Stylist Apprentice (2)
- Aquatic Specialist (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Dog Groomer (2)
Store Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco (West Des Moines, IA).
Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with DM, then telephone interview with VPRO. Covered skill set, past experience, what would you do? type of questions. Laid out opportunities at the store and what plans I had for the future.
- Basic &#034;tell me about a time&#034; questions. Do you have pets? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Petco
Store Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco in May 2010.
There was an initial interview with a recruiter. This was followed by an interview with the District Manager. Following the interview with the District Manager, I interviewed with a Human Resources rep. After that I interviewed with an RVP. Be very customer oriented. They are very big on operational strengths.
- How do you motivate people? Answer Question
Store Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petco in April 2009.
Very long and drawn out. Mine was for a bench manager position which they soon eliminated after I was hired.
- They asked about any volunter experience. They were serious that the candidate be involved in the community. 1 Answer
They tried to lowball me at 32,000, I started with 53,00 and we ended at 45,000.
Store Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco in January 2008.
-3 interviews with HR, Area manager, disctric manager. 2 weeks period -Need 2 or more yrs of retail managment experience -Be upbeat and positive during interview -Know your P&L will make big impression. Area to know: Positive sales year over year, inventory lost, employee turn over rate. -Know store manager daily routine -Dress up for interview, (suit, Tie, etc.) -Come with list of questions in hand, examples (business related, work flow, staffing, budget, etc.) -Visit a store before interview to come up with constuctive questions. -Relax and Be yourself!!
- None, if you come prepare with knowledge of retail operation. Answer Question
You can negotiate start date. Start with high salary but leave yourself open for negotiation and let them make an offer.