Peterbilt Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.8

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Peterbilt.

Interview

The interview was rather formal. Spoke with the HR department first on the phone. That was followed up by an in person interview with mid management. Second round of interviews was with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you are a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview: Section manager and team leaders. After the initial sit-down, I received a plant tour. Returning to the section manager's office, HR person, manager, and I briefly discussed salary. Comments were that it was a good interview on my part. I left and never heard from them again in the 2.5 months since. Overall Peterbilt is nice people whose HR department could improve by providing definite closure.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume/tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made any mistakes? Tell us about it. What was your responsibility in it?   1 Answer
    • We are concerned you would be bored here.   1 Answer

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• have you faced any problem with your team mates? how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Takes a while for call backs. 2nd & 3rd interviews are possible. Very unorganized and not on time. Communication was not always clear. Processes are not handled by the same person so you may pay "spin the wheel" and see who you get to give you a response. Not always the same response depending on who you talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Tell me about a time where you came up with a better process and what that detailed. Was it successful? Tell me about how you would desk with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Peterbilt.

Interview

There was phone interview which consisted of really basic questions. Immediately after the phone interview, I was asked to come in for my in person interview. Because the job posting is vague they bring in what ever managers who need an extra body. I personally interviewed with three managers and the HR rep. It was a little daunting at first, but I quickly became comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. I was asked about my Eagle Scout project.   Answer Question

Applications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR person and boss of department interviewing for. Both were nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a conflict with a co-worker?   1 Answer

Assembly Line Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Written test on the first weekend. Hands on test on the second weekend. Interview on the third weekend. Heard back two weeks after the interview with a start date 3 weeks out. Then they asked for me to complete a drug screening within the week of the offer. All together it took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work second shift for an 8% differential?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Interview

Just general questions like why this company and why are u a best candiate

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Peterbilt in June 2011.

Interview

The day after applying i received a call to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR and asked general questions relating to the qualifications posted for the job. Then three days later an in person interview was scheduled. This consisted of an engineer and a person from HR. Dealt with the qualification for the job posting again. Very easy in my book.

Sale Coordonator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Peterbilt (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

interview with superior and RH responsible and then with president