Petro-Canada

Petro-Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Petro-Canada in July 2013.

Not much is required of you to get hired for this position. No education or experience necessary. Detailed training is provided. I applied online through Indeedjob.ca received a phone call from the manager the following day, and scheduled a one on one interview the following morning. Was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very unexpected, your typical interview questions. Why do you think you'd be good for the job?, how would you resolve issues with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarnia, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Petro-Canada in July 2013.

Interview that includes of five to ten questions

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Petro-Canada.

Met with Manager after submitted resume to personnel service. Was very casual atmosphere, manager asked lots of probing questions. Was shown around the facility and was given a look at the SOP of the franchise. After the interview was over, manager stated that he would contact me shortly with a decision.

Business Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Petro-Canada in February 2009.

Fairly informal interview with HR personnel and Business team manager consisting of mostly behavioral questions. The people came across as friendly but also fairly uninterested in what I was saying and more in taking down notes. The business team manager was very happy when I asked questions about the company and his work tenure there. I recommend asking personal questions during the interview closure and doing prep on more how their analytical knowledge is more superior than the others'. Pretty stress-free overall.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Petro-Canada in April 2008.

Two interviews. Some of the Questions were as below:
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. Why did you leave your last job?
    3. What experience do you have in this field?
    4. Do you consider yourself successful?
    5. What do co-workers say about you?
    6. What do you know about this organization?
    8. Are you applying for other jobs?
    9. Why do you want to work for this organization?
    10. Do you know anyone who works for us?
    11. What kind of salary do you need?
    12. Are you a team player?
    13. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
    14. Have you ever had to fire anyone? How did you feel about that?
    15. What is your philosophy towards work?
    16. If you had enough money to retire right now, would you?
    17. Have you ever been asked to leave a position?
    18. What is your greatest strength?
    19. Why do you think you would do well at this job?
    20. Do you have any questions for me?

Business Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Petro-Canada in March 2008.

Fairly behavioral, be prepared, and know your role at the company, and what will be required of you and try to tie in any previous experience. Brush up on the Calgary Flames, we chatted informally about them and their prospects for a while.

Interview Questions
    Know what you are worth, and what others at the same position with the same experience are getting. We discussed the salary reasonably. I didn't counter with an outrageous offer, but was able to get a little more in salary than their initial offer.

They were also more flexible with the bonus, then the salary. Although my starting salary was lower than my previous job, with my signing bonus and performance bonus, I made a lot more money. Plus, the following year my salary increased to my previous salary, and my performance bonus was only slightly cut, so in the end the I definitely received significant increase in compensation.