Petrobras

9 candidate interviews

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Petrobras in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are not so long because most of people are recruited through networking. In general, the want to hear about the projects and activities you have been taken until that moment.

Interview Question – What was your most challenger project and how do you deal with this?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist

I applied through other source and interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview Details – There is no interview. You need to get approved on a public contest. After that you start a 'formation training', according to your degree area. And then you point three places you'd like to work and have some interview with the manager of that area.

Drilling Supervisor Interview

Drilling Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Petrobras in August 2009.

Interview Details – There isn't hiring process, but you need to apply for one technical exam. Around 10000 people for 80 positions, so they select the better prepared and give master's degree level.

Interview Question – You need to be prepared technically to answer the questions. General enginering knowledge.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview Details – For "Bodyshop" interviews, mostly of the time you will be first contacted for the "third party" a company for a previous interview. Not a specific interview becouse those companies know nothing of IT or software development at all.. Then you will go to the second Interview where an Software Developer or a Software Architect wil ask specifc questions about our current overall architecture. Things about Spring, Ioc, JSF or Spring MVC, Hiberante JPA and maybe somthing about JMS.. Also somthing abrou Agils/Scrum may be asked. For Senior/Architect other questions will be asked to get an overview of you past experiences etc.

Interview Question – I'd persnoly like to ask some drows on whiteboard, general web application architecture logical divisions , how jsf works, lifecile, Spring MVC.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Intern Interview

Chemical Engineering Intern
Araucária (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Petrobras in January 2012.

Interview Details – One day at the refinery, first they apllied a test to evaluate chemical engineering basic skills. After the interviews began and at last there was a lunch with all the candidates and engineers of the department where the internship would be.

- Normal questions about references and previous experiences;
- they asked to talk about my most important experience.

Interview Question – - Why you wanted to learn German?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Petrobras

Interview Details – The hiring process is: they check your profile, former jobs and experience, ask a recomendation letter. Also you need do medical exams a writer exam together with other people and depends on the exam result they will send to you an offer letter..You need be in the local (city) and time in the letter.

Interview Question – The wtiter exam   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Petrobras in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was with my supervisor. He asked me about my skills, my interests, why I would like to work at Petrobras, why I would like to work in a Research Centre.

Interview Question – I can't remember now.   Answer Question

Petroleum Chemical Technician Interview

Petroleum Chemical Technician
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Petrobras in January 2008.

Interview Details – Public tests only. Only brazilians can be admited.

Interview Question – Questions in public test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't negotiations.

Management Interview

Management
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Petrobras in November 2009.

Interview Details – When I knew the position by recruiter I sent my resume to the Oil & Gas Manager at a construction company which was entering into this market segment. The question of salaries and benefits were well defined but the issue of activities to be developed and the challenges were not clearly defined by the company's board.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They still needed to better define its strategic planning.

Worked for Petrobras? Contribute to the Community!