Petrofac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

Got offered an interview after applying online, the interview was split into 2 parts and consisted of 30 minute technical with process engineers followed by 30 minute competency with HR. Fairly relaxed environment.

Piping Engineering Interview

Interview

There were three rounds . 2 technical and one HR . Most of the questions were based on the training and projects you have done in the college . For piping engineering you should prepare two subjects one is material science and another one is strenght of material . they will definitely ask some questions from these subjects .

Interview Questions

• some numerical from Strength of material e.g find out the stress in this arm or lever etc etc .   Answer Question

Interview

The selection process basically included a review of my application and a face to face interview.Every applicant is expected to be a member of a professional organisation accepted by the British council. Also all the details of ones schooling and working experience must be detailed in the application. Once the application is accepted each candidate is scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions as all the questions stemmed around my experiences both on my current job and during my educational years.   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Petrofac.

Interview

It was telephonic interview based on experience and track record. Work reference is must to recommend our past project experience and performance backgrounds/achievements. They conducted three stage interview, first by HR, HOD and Project Director / VP.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied from my university career center. Petrofac has an agreement with the university to select two engineers from every department. A resume along with transcripts were asked for. There was no face to face nor skype or phone interview. They rely on your course work and your resume. They only have you fill in a questionnaire.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2014.

Interview

HR called to fix up the appointment for telephonic interview. Finally telephonic interview happened. Interview was not so difficult. Finally, HR called for salary negotiation. The amount they are offering i think is less than market.

Interview Questions

• How to solve the tank foundation design where bottom of tank is more than 2.7m above FGL   Answer Question

I think salary is less they are offering

Engineer Civil & Structural Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sāngli, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Petrofac (Sāngli, Maharashtra (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

First written test comprising of aptitude & quant Then Group discussion of about 10 to 15 min & finally technical and HR interviews which went along for 45 min to 1 hour depending upon candidate

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as BM diagram of continuos beam   1 Answer

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Petrofac (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

telephonic interview and personal interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask growth opportunity and better salary

HSSE Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salalah (Oman)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Petrofac (Salalah (Oman)).

Interview

Interviewed by Department Head, Then called by HR for further process like employment offer, visa process,

Interview Questions

• Send me engineering drawing/Plan for Rigging .   1 Answer

Rest & Recreation leave was not good

Instrument Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Petrofac in February 2014.

Interview

I receive a call telling me that I have an interview and a been asked to set a time for it that suits me. So, on the day of the interview, I went and only one interviewer met me who only interview instruments applicants. It was not difficult interview; basic questions about managing your work and discussed about my final year project alot.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a non corporative manger if the task you were assigned to depending on him to finish and the deadline is really close?   Answer Question
    • If you have alot of tasks to finish and everyone want you to finish his first, what would you do?   Answer Question