Petronas Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.1

Petronas Overseas Talent-Pots Interview

Interview

Fisrt they check your CV. Then choose someone to do an interview assessment. The interview was characterized by 4 steps. Step one: presentation of your CV and related questions. Step 2: case study to present. Step 3 and 4: two different case that you have to manage.

Interview Questions

• Explain us a problem solving situation you were involved   Answer Question

I had other offers more interesting

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Petronas (Washington, DC).

Interview

I secured a scholarship from company for my undergrad studies in the United States in 1994. The screening happened earlier when I applied for the educational sponsorship. Additionally, I also had to maintain a certain GPA, and demonstrate to the company that I deserve a job in the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you so special that you deserve a place in the company?   Answer Question

Researcher: EOR Department (Bangi) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Petronas (Bangi (Malaysia)) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me to set a time for an interview. Went to the interview. There were two interviewers. They asked behaviorial typed questions and more on my working experience. It was nice because there were two interviewers which left no room for biasness.

Interview Questions

• What will make you leave a company? What contribution can you make to Petronas?   Answer Question

Executive (Fresh Graduate) Interview

Interview

Invited to technical assessment interview. The whole session took around one hour. The two assessors were very nice senior staffs from same department but different field.

Basically, they asked question just to learn on my personality and some technical knowledges taking the fact that I am a fresh graduate.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Competency Based interview, IQ questionnaire, Situational assessment interview. Given a real- case situation where as a CEO you have to decide on the business target of which impact positively and negatively for 2 different sections respectively, it was a no right or wrong question, rather assessing the soft skills/how do we manage the situation and to come out with a win-win situation.

Executive Interview

Interview

Structure Interview:
    (1) Case Study: You'll be given a material to read which the content can be any current issues. Then you're required to summarise the content and put in your own thoughts because later on the interviewers will ask & challenge you.
    (2) Competency-based Interview
    (3) Role Play

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself becoming in 10 years time?   4 Answers

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Petronas.

Interview

Was invited for interview by recruiting agency at a conference. Interview was casual and short between hiring manager and candidate, and focused primarily on qualification and experience. Offer was made nearly 3 months later after a couple followups. Overall, process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Most technical questions pertained to recent experience and projects - fairly routine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made based on desired salary and current salary.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Petronas (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A case study on the current world issue was the main question (when I was a fresh graduate). They then asked random questions on why they should hire me as an engineer in the company. The panel consisted of 3 senior management team from various OPUs wiithin the company.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Petronas in March 2014.

Interview

super easy. any one can enter

Interview Questions

• they dont care about the question. they judge you based on your look and how much they like you.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

3 stages with thehiring team and HRM. A lot of emails back and forth. Be assertive and humble. They take on convincing attitude. Know their needs and directions. Be prepared. Study the current practice. Use online tools to do your homework and background checking. Be mindful that you are one of many candidates.

Interview Questions

• Explained why did I took certain decisions to align with former Management's direction.   Answer Question