Petronas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.1

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petronas.

Interview

Was invited for interview by recruiting agency at a conference. Interview was casual and short between hiring manager and candidate, and focused primarily on qualification and experience. Offer was made nearly 3 months later after a couple followups. Overall, process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Most technical questions pertained to recent experience and projects - fairly routine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made based on desired salary and current salary.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A case study on the current world issue was the main question (when I was a fresh graduate). They then asked random questions on why they should hire me as an engineer in the company. The panel consisted of 3 senior management team from various OPUs wiithin the company.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

3 stages with thehiring team and HRM. A lot of emails back and forth. Be assertive and humble. They take on convincing attitude. Know their needs and directions. Be prepared. Study the current practice. Use online tools to do your homework and background checking. Be mindful that you are one of many candidates.

Interview Questions

• Explained why did I took certain decisions to align with former Management's direction.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2013.

Interview

I apply through itraining. Human Resource department called for an interview. They asked whether I already have the internship placement and ask if I would like to join their internship program.

Interview Questions

• What is my expected allowances   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petronas.

Interview

Technical Assessment- I was being interviewed by 2 personnel from the department. Basic interview questions were asked. Simple self introduction, no technical questions were being asked. The interview was done in an hour. Structured Interview- It was an interview conducted by HR department. There were 2 interviewers, both from senior position. It usually takes around 1.5 - 2 hours. Just be confident in what you're saying. They will argue whatever opinion that you have. Keep calm :) 3 sessions done continuously: 1) case study 2) competency based question - problem solving skills 3) role play

Interview Questions

• what kind of problems that have you faced before and how you solve it?   3 Answers

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview via video conference (KL-Tokyo-Paris). Mainly on highly technical questions, as the company is looking for lead engineer position which is urgently needed. Not a structured interview, where the interviewer asked any questions which pop-up in his mind.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions requires interviewee to remember Codes and Standard by heart..   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

called for Structured interview. 3 main section. first section, intro yourself. basically explaining stuff about you and your strength and weakness second section, case study Need to read a case study and explain it to them. It is a two way communication where the interviewer will ask questions about the case study third section, role playing have to role play and act based on a situation.

Fresh Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petronas (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very basic and not that difficult

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation that shows you are a good problem solver   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Called for invitation on the day after (1st Stage - Structured Interview) - waited in a waiting room with 11 other candidates - HR checked all cert and copies - filled in application form - half an hour before my turn, given case study (my title - Reputation Factor) - entered interview room - one interviewer only 2. After a week, got a call telling i passed 1st stage and invited for 2nd stage (Competency Based Interview) - waited in waiting area - entered interview room when called - 2 interviewers (both senior personnel)

Interview Questions

• 1. Structured Interview - describe a bit about yourself - case study - interviewer just asked me to elaborate, give example about the case - role play - as plant manager dealing with river pollution next to the plant, interviewer become rep from DOE, rep from Datuk Bandar and environmental activists   Answer Question
    • 2. Competency Based Interview -Tell us about your development area?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself, don't create any situation when required. Don't afraid to ask them to simplify their questions if you don't understand.

Senior Production Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Petronas in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process is handled very nicely. Good accommodation, air fare, and interview panel was very supportive. I applied through the recruitment agency, got the interview call after CV shortlist. There was a single phase of personal discussion. later, I was recommended for medical test, which I underwent at my country, and submitted the result through post. Medical bills were reimbursed.

Negotiation

negotiation once only