Pew Charitable Trusts

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview Details – I was brought in to do an interview and skills assessment. The staff was very polite and professional, but not exactly warm. I was given an overview of the company and the assessment and then left to complete it in my own time. Once it was completed, I had another chat where my skills and history were discussed. The interviewer was very helpful, patient and thorough. Next, a Talent Acquisition Manager came to do a follow up. The whole process took two or three hours. The team was very quick about follow up and communicating next steps.

Interview Question – The assessment was a little trickier than I expected. I think that we are all so used to using spell and grammer check that we forget how to to it the old fashioned way. Only a small percentage of people invited to interview pass the assessment so make sure you brush up on your skills.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in January 2009.

Interview Details – I wwent through several rounds of interviews at Pew. Usually you start with HR interview plus skills test. Then you have at least 2 more interviews with the project team and hiring manager. An additional skills or writing test may be required. For higher level positions, you have a final interview with the Managing Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, though I wish I had. Pew only gives annual raises of a small percentage (2.5-3%) and no bonuses. Negotiate!

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in March 2010.

Interview Details – The HR team at Pew does a fantastic job matching candidates with a position that will work for them. I really appreciated the tips and advice I received from the HR recruiter. When I made it to the second round of interviews, the interviewers were very candid and personable-- a main reason I decided to take the job when it was offered!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pew Charitable Trusts

Worked for Pew Charitable Trusts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pew Charitable Trusts Administrative Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pew Charitable Trusts employees and interview candidates.