Pew Charitable Trusts Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was a panel interview. The HR dept. Called me in at least three times for seperate interviews in different departments. Assuming it wasn't a good fit I never received an offer. The HR dept. Never returned my email or calls after the last interview. So if there's no offer dmt expect a courtesy call back. You must be persistent during the interview process for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in nonprofit? Do you have tuff skin?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pew Charitable Trusts

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was brought in to do an interview and skills assessment. The staff was very polite and professional, but not exactly warm. I was given an overview of the company and the assessment and then left to complete it in my own time. Once it was completed, I had another chat where my skills and history were discussed. The interviewer was very helpful, patient and thorough. Next, a Talent Acquisition Manager came to do a follow up. The whole process took two or three hours. The team was very quick about follow up and communicating next steps.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was a little trickier than I expected. I think that we are all so used to using spell and grammer check that we forget how to to it the old fashioned way. Only a small percentage of people invited to interview pass the assessment so make sure you brush up on your skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

I wwent through several rounds of interviews at Pew. Usually you start with HR interview plus skills test. Then you have at least 2 more interviews with the project team and hiring manager. An additional skills or writing test may be required. For higher level positions, you have a final interview with the Managing Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, though I wish I had. Pew only gives annual raises of a small percentage (2.5-3%) and no bonuses. Negotiate!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in March 2010.

Interview

The HR team at Pew does a fantastic job matching candidates with a position that will work for them. I really appreciated the tips and advice I received from the HR recruiter. When I made it to the second round of interviews, the interviewers were very candid and personable-- a main reason I decided to take the job when it was offered!