Pew Charitable Trusts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in December 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiter that worked with me did not know much about the substance of the work that I would be doing (research), making it very difficult for me to make the case for my qualifications. She treated me with skepticism, emphasizing that people with my skill sets are easy to come by, and I should consider myself lucky to be considered for a position. I eventually took the job in spite of my experience with HR. After I started work, I found out that most of my colleagues felt the same way. Later still, when I served as hiring manager for many positions within my group, I found that HR was an obstacle to the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your current or previous position that you played a role on a project in which you thought you really excelled, either because it made great use of your strengths or because you were especially proud of your contributions.   Answer Question
  • What is the culture like in your current position? What do you like most about it? Least about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pew does not negotiate. For each position, they have calculated salary "bands" that define the upper and lower limits for new hires. Years of experience - but not education - and most recently salary are factored into the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Pew Charitable Trusts

Worked for Pew Charitable Trusts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pew Charitable Trusts Program Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Pew Charitable Trusts employees and interview candidates.