Pew Charitable Trusts Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Hiring process was very straightforward. I received a call from the recruiter and was given an overview of the job and we discussed briefly how my background and qualifications aligned with the position. I was then invited for an in-person interview at headquarters where I met with the team leads. They were very nice and polite and answered all my questions. It became clear that my long term goals did not necessarily align with the duties of the position and we discussed that openly. They were candid with me and, though I did not receive an offer, I did not expect to after our conversation.

Interview Questions
  • A few behavioral interview questions, but mostly questions related to the ability and willingness to perform the day-to-day tasks of the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pew Charitable Trusts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

You need lots of patience. Phone interview with HR staff --> phone interview with program directors--> "assignment"-->on-site interviews with several staff members -->phone interviews with high-ups.

little room for negotiation

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

My own experience was lengthy, over several rounds of interviews and weeks. There's clearly very big internal roadblocks to clear in the interview process, and you get a sense that a number of people you never meet have to vet you before you get an offer. Which, if you get to that point, isn't negotiable even by a dollar. Welcome to the rarified world of "paying for the recognition." the offer I received was quite competitive (full disclosure) but they tell you up front that there's no counter-offer or negotiation. A bit unsettling when you hear that, and really, a hint of what the workplace will become.

Interview Questions
    • Defending your years of experience. Someone you never meet calculates your experience based on your resume/cv. Then they tell you, though it may have taken, say 9 years of grad school and work to now be a PhD, they believe you really only have 5.5 years.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were rejected outright.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Applied through the online system, as well as enlisted the help of some friends/colleagues that work for the organization. About 6 weeks after submitting, I was contacted for a first interview with the HR representative. Within an hour of finishing that, I was contacted again to set up a second interview with the campaign manager. That was in late November, and I was told that they hoped to make a decision before the holidays. The new year came and went with no word, and around the middle of the month, I contacted the manager to see where they were in in their process, at which point I was told they were still interviewing. In a search for another bit of information on the Pew site about a week later, I came across a new name in the senior associate position on that campaign, but the job was still listed as open until about 2 weeks after that. I never heard anything back from anyone at Pew regarding not being successful, which,considering I was told I was a top candidate as well as a later follow-up, seems inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • In the first round, they were very insistent on the salary requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in February 2010.

Applied online. Went through initial phone screening followed by three rounds of in-person interviews.

HR was very averse to negotiating. Acted like I should be happy just to get the chance to work at Pew. Rigid salary scale. Very unpleasant experience.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in October 2010.

There was two phone interviews (one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager). Next there was an in-person interview with the hiring manager and the director supervisor. The third interview was with members of the team and the fourth was with people within the organization with similar job titles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pew Charitable Trusts? Contribute to the Community!