PexSupply

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Programmer Interview

Java Programmer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PexSupply.

Interview Details – Skype with HR and Lead Developer

Interview Question – What is the difference between arrayList and LinkedList?
Explain the Hashtable
  Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PexSupply in March 2013.

Interview Details – I've summit my resume through University's Job search website and days after they gives me an call to arrange an phone interview. After the interview, they decided to bring me to on-site. During the on-site interview, I've met their HR, Programmer, CIO the overall process occupied around 5 hours.

At last they decided to hire an full-time instead of summer intern, however i still have one more semester to graduate so that, there is no offer finally.

Interview Question – Basic DataStructure Questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
South Farmingdale, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PexSupply in December 2010.

Interview Details – At the Hiring and Interview Process, PexSupply is looking for people who are comfortable being themselves. They do not want to speak with you representative, they want you. They look for humility, intelligence, and the ability to constantly think outside the box. The more that you are able to be yourself, then the better your chances of being hired are.

Interview Question – I think that I was asked if I could be an animal, then which animal would I choose to be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me how much they would be paying me and I accepted.

Search Engine Marketing - PPC Analyst Interview

Search Engine Marketing - PPC Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at PexSupply in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Pex Supply at a career fair hosted by my university. I was interviewed the day after the fair for the position of a PPC analyst. The interview was primarily an HR interview with some questions about my previous work and the nature of the position.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Long Island City, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PexSupply in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was having a phone interview with them about 1 month before I heard from them that they would like to have me visit their office. Then I asked them about the reimbursement for the travel expenses and the HR who contacted with me said she needed to ask her supervisor. Several days later she emailed me and mentioned that they are able to reimburse that, however, I already got an offer and did not want to go visit them anymore. So I replied them politely and describe my situation. Another several days later, a guy from the company called me and asked me why don't I go to the onsite interview. I told him the reasons and he said they really want me to visit their office and take a look at the working environment. Eventually I said ok to him. Then I sent an email to the same HR contacted with me and asked her how to process the onsite interview stuff. I was surprised to receive another email from her mentioned that they would like to have another phone interview in advance of flying me onsite. I was confused about the process. I was in the phase of arranging the onsite interview stuff and now they want to have another phone interview. As a result, I declined the phone interview via email and never got any response from them. Also, I heard from my department recruiting coordinator, she told me that the reimbursement policy of this company is confusing. Some of my classmates get reimbursed but some do not.

Interview Question – All easy questions, basic technical Java questions and some behavioral ones   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PexSupply.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR about two days after I appled for the position. We set up a phone interview for the following week, which was about a half hour. She described what the job entailed and discussed what the company was about. Then she asked me to discuss my qualifications and background. The following week I was called in to the office to meet with HR (again), along with the Customer Service Manager and Operations Manager. I then had to fill out a questionnaire answering customer service and behavioral questions. I was told when the owner returns from his vacation round two of the interviews would begin. Two weeks had passed and after emailing and calling HR to see if I was still being considered, they did not answer me so I took the hint and went with a (much better) job offer.

Interview Question – The questions were very cut and dry- lots of behavioral questions, why I was leaving my current job, strengths/weakness, and "If your life is a movie, what would it be called?" Wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

Worked for PexSupply? Contribute to the Community!