Pfizer

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lab Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

Submitted application on-line. Called by recruiter ~2 weeks later to set-up phone interview. Recruiter then set-up a phone interview with the Area Head the post reported to. Invited to a full day of on-site to give a seminar and be interviewed. It was a very long day, but enjoyable and informative. Everyone I dealt with was very pleasant, highly professional and clearly smart. In brief: seminar, several 1:1 discussions with area head throughout the day, six or seven 1:1 discussions with peers, senior colleagues (area heads, COO) and personnel, lunch with more junior, but very experienced staff and dinner with peers and area head.

I really enjoyed my visit and the opportunity to speak with all involved. I was not offered the post, which was no surprise as my expertise and experience were not the best match. It was however a bit irritating that I had to initiate contact 4-weeks later to find out if I was being considered further. I also asked for feedback, but that was not forthcoming either. Kind of a shame they let themselves down a bit at the end as all other aspect of this process were first rate, even though I was not for them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual or sinister. All very straight forward. Questions from all concerned were based on my experience and to determine if I may or may not be a good fit for the post.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

I applied through posting on my school's career site; 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Pfizer's staffing partner company to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manger; had a 30-min phone interview with the manager; then an on-site visit (he told me more about the proposed project details, showed me around the lab and introduce me to his boss); got notification of offer the day after the on-site visit.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was very interested in the details of my previous research projects.   Answer Question

-A better offer from a competitor company (more interesting science, better benefits)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
    Questions were based on my resume.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

The communications and the organization of the interview was excellent. I received a packet about Pfizer and the interview schedule. Pfizer also booked the hotel for my stay. People were friendly, both during the presentation and during the interview. Overall, a good experience, would have been better if I had been offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • If the compounds you have in mind, do not work out, what are the alternatives you have in mind?   View Answer
    • What conflicts did you have with your team members in your previous job, and how did you resolve them?   View Answer

Administrative Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2011.

I was referred by a former colleague. The interview process (from start to finish) was quick and smooth. I had 2 days face-to-face interviews with 4 people and a phone interview with HR and within a week I was offered a job. The person (ultimately would be my boss) welcomed me and I found him to be very personable. We had a very clear honest discussion about our expectations, my dislikes and likes in the job I would be hired to do and to provide administrative support to him. He showed me around the office and laboratory set up, and introduced me to his direct reports. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and excited to meet me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected question(s) asked. The interviewers only concern was that the prospective candidate is a team player and works well with everyone.   Answer Question
    The HR representative I spoke with was very accommodating and she assured me that the salary is competitive for my years experience. In our salary negotiation, I told the HR representative that my previous company's compensation included employee stock purchase plan, stocks, bonus, annual raise, and education reimbursement which Pfizer does not offer (ESPP/Stocks & bonus) to their employees whose title is less than a Director. The negotiable base salary offer was generous which she was able to match without ESPP/stocks and bonus.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2010.

The process is pretty professional and reasonable. They tried to make you feel comfortable and provide you the information you want to know. People who interview me are interested in my previous experience, skills and future goals.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

Learned about the job through my university's career website and applied online. Had an initial phone screen of approximately 30 minutes. Visited their Cambridge site to see the lab facilities and was introduced to some of the company personnel. I was told of my offer approximately one week afterwards and immediately accepted. I was surprised by the openness and friendliness of the employees who had nothing but kind words.

No negotiation

Scientist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2010.

Initial communication was quite positive, company (people) seemed interested in what I had to offer.
    Phone call from hiring manager was fine. Visited site and gave presentation that seemed to go well. All Pfizer colleagues were quite nice. However, certain questions asked were quite off-putting. After hearing what was happening to other interviewees, it was becoming obvious that Pfizer had no intention of hiring "affected" Pfizer colleagues. No proof, but based upon the many rumors that surfaced and the limited number of "affected" colleagues getting positions, it appears that Pfizer managment had no intention of re-hiring "affected" colleagues from other sites.

Interview Questions
    • Of the two jobs available and for which you are qualified, which job would you prefer?   View Answer