Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – Each individual department is responsible for hiring its own summer interns. The summer intern hiring process begins with submitting a resume into a general pool. What then happens is HR representatives will look over your experience and then forward your resume to the departments they think you will be able to contribute to. The departments will then contact you for a phone interview and then make their final decisions. The interview is usually conducted by whoever will be your direct manager.

The interview is mostly based on your resume with a few "fit" questions sprinkled in. It definitely seemed heavily focused on whether or not my past experience would enable me to contribute to the proposed intern project.

Interview Question – How do you think your experience working on [project xyz] will translate to our [proposed project]?   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

IT Helpdesk
Groton, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process for multiple roles within the company were pretty seemless, questions were direct concerning the role, IT manager's I've encountered that day were very pleasant. If the manager didnt feel you were able to fulfill the role, he would provide me with suggestions to prepare to try again, certifications, education.

Interview Question – Questions arose relative to specific scenarios or equations which meant you had to come up with a resolution on the spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Groton, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview - 45 minutes long however never receive any feedback or notification of a yes or no. Was very disappointed. The initial application to interview process was quick for the state - only two weeks.

R & D Interview

R & D
Groton, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

Interview Details – Everything went very smoothly and the process was actually very quick for such a large company. There was some time between negotiating and the written job offer arriving, but there was a great deal of new employees from the Wyeth take over so HR was quite busy.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done through Pfizer's HR department, and was a comfortable process. Ultimately they want you to be happy and work within a range, so its not unheard of to ask for a sign on bonus or to be closer to the median of your job's salary range.

Ruminant Nutritionist Interview

Ruminant Nutritionist
Groton, CT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and about 2 weeks later had an unexpected phone call from HR where they proceeded to go into a phone interview. HR rep was unable to answer my specific questions about the spin-off of Pfizer Animal Health and type of travel requested. Never received any more follow-up after that call.
If you receive an unexpected call, arrange for a phone meeting later so that you have time to prepare. The call is a screening about your skills - don't expect to be able to ask them about details around the position.

Interview Question – Are you available to travel?   View Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Groton, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

Interview Details – HR called be approximatively 2 weeks after I applied for the job (I applied on there website) . The HR rep asked me why I applied for the job, reviewed the overview of the department the job was in, who headed it, and info on the area, and reviewed my work eligibility. He set up a telephone interview for the head of the lab 2 days latter.
The head of the lab asked basic questions about what skills I had, my previous work/research experience, what were my strengths, went over who was in the lab and what the lab studied.
I got what seemed to be positive feedback about my skills and suitability of the job.
The interview was about 30minutes.
The head was not sure about the hiring process of Pfizer, but I was her first interview for the position and said she needed to review more applications, and the job had not been posted for very long yet.
6 weeks have passed and I have heard nothing, so I take it that I did not get the job. Thats ok (found another one), but I wished people were professional enough to tell you this instead of telling you nothing.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your 2 strongest skills (in terms of lab techniques)?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the results of my most recent publication.   Answer Question

Book-In Associate Interview

Book-In Associate
Bridgeport, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2010.

Interview Details – The staffing agency informed me of the position and submitted my resume. Once my resume was accepted, I was informed of the interview date. The interview was straightforward, with two managers asking behavioral questions. The questions were typical interview questions, and it was all over in half an hour. They informed of their decision within a week.

Interview Question – Tell me how you manage multiple projects.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Groton, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pfizer in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was relaxed. I made it all the way to having my references called. I was told after the fact that internal politics dictated that a particular person be hired, and that was why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Why would you want to do this job for more than a couple years?   Answer Question

Senior Principal Scientist Interview

Senior Principal Scientist
Groton, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted shortly after online application. This was followed by an informal discussion by phone regarding position, expectations, etc. In person interview was standard- seminar, several one-on-one interviews, group interviews. These interviews were with peers, associates and the senior leadership of the therapeutic area.

Interview Question – Specific questions regarding potential drug targets   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate salary, offers are competitive and the benefits package is quite good.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pfizer

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer interview questions and advice in Connecticut. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees and interview candidates.