Pfizer

Updated Dec 4, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Each individual department is responsible for hiring its own summer interns. The summer intern hiring process begins with submitting a resume into a general pool. What then happens is HR representatives will look over your experience and then forward your resume to the departments they think you will be able to contribute to. The departments will then contact you for a phone interview and then make their final decisions. The interview is usually conducted by whoever will be your direct manager.

The interview is mostly based on your resume with a few "fit" questions sprinkled in. It definitely seemed heavily focused on whether or not my past experience would enable me to contribute to the proposed intern project.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experience working on [project xyz] will translate to our [proposed project]?   Answer Question

Ruminant Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

I submitted my resume online and about 2 weeks later had an unexpected phone call from HR where they proceeded to go into a phone interview. HR rep was unable to answer my specific questions about the spin-off of Pfizer Animal Health and type of travel requested. Never received any more follow-up after that call.
    If you receive an unexpected call, arrange for a phone meeting later so that you have time to prepare. The call is a screening about your skills - don't expect to be able to ask them about details around the position.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

HR called be approximatively 2 weeks after I applied for the job (I applied on there website) . The HR rep asked me why I applied for the job, reviewed the overview of the department the job was in, who headed it, and info on the area, and reviewed my work eligibility. He set up a telephone interview for the head of the lab 2 days latter.
    The head of the lab asked basic questions about what skills I had, my previous work/research experience, what were my strengths, went over who was in the lab and what the lab studied.
    I got what seemed to be positive feedback about my skills and suitability of the job.
    The interview was about 30minutes.
    The head was not sure about the hiring process of Pfizer, but I was her first interview for the position and said she needed to review more applications, and the job had not been posted for very long yet.
    6 weeks have passed and I have heard nothing, so I take it that I did not get the job. Thats ok (found another one), but I wished people were professional enough to tell you this instead of telling you nothing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider your 2 strongest skills (in terms of lab techniques)?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the results of my most recent publication.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2010.

Interview process was relaxed. I made it all the way to having my references called. I was told after the fact that internal politics dictated that a particular person be hired, and that was why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to do this job for more than a couple years?   Answer Question

R & D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

Everything went very smoothly and the process was actually very quick for such a large company. There was some time between negotiating and the written job offer arriving, but there was a great deal of new employees from the Wyeth take over so HR was quite busy.

Negotiation was done through Pfizer's HR department, and was a comfortable process. Ultimately they want you to be happy and work within a range, so its not unheard of to ask for a sign on bonus or to be closer to the median of your job's salary range.

Book-In Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2010.

The staffing agency informed me of the position and submitted my resume. Once my resume was accepted, I was informed of the interview date. The interview was straightforward, with two managers asking behavioral questions. The questions were typical interview questions, and it was all over in half an hour. They informed of their decision within a week.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2008.

The interview process for multiple roles within the company were pretty seemless, questions were direct concerning the role, IT manager's I've encountered that day were very pleasant. If the manager didnt feel you were able to fulfill the role, he would provide me with suggestions to prepare to try again, certifications, education.

Interview Questions
    • Questions arose relative to specific scenarios or equations which meant you had to come up with a resolution on the spot.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2008.

Contacted shortly after online application. This was followed by an informal discussion by phone regarding position, expectations, etc. In person interview was standard- seminar, several one-on-one interviews, group interviews. These interviews were with peers, associates and the senior leadership of the therapeutic area.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions regarding potential drug targets   View Answer
    Limited ability to negotiate salary, offers are competitive and the benefits package is quite good.