Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in August 2013.

Multiple Reviewers, one interview. Traditional questions around decision making process, and "what if" scenarios. Met with Director of the department and 3 different managers that were the foundation of the department.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations in this economy.

Ops Interview

Behavioral interview for internal colleagues. Alignment on vision and expected value of role. Depends on hiring manager. Core leadership behaviors are the focus of interview, accountability, decision making, integrity, etc.

Assistant Scientist Interview

I applied online to a job posting and was contacted a few weeks later. I went through a phone screen, then two weeks later had another phone screen. I was not offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really just went right through the resume you submitted to get more information on your experiences   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

I applied for the intern position through my program's graduate center and was contacted via email to set up a phone screen within three weeks. A few days after completing the phone screen I was called back to set up two onsite interviews. The interviews were fairly standard and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions about requisite experience as well as scenario based questions   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Interview

Very stringent interview processes but it prepares you well for other large corporations. It really makes it easier to interview with smaller companies that don't have such strict and stringent interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant/Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pfizer.

Heard of opportunity. Pitched capabilities. Was interviewed by 4 different people. Were curious about my past history although it didn't relate to industry. Several interviewers seemed distracted. It wasn't what I expected. They seemed happy to accept the recommendation of the colleague that brought me in.

Medical Writer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   Answer Question

Medical Writer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Three people on the conference call, supposed to be lasting for 30 min and going over the job reqs, respon, etc. There was hardly any time to get a clear picture of what they are looking for. They do want to recruit someone not to do writing, but to manage CRO writers from outside.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

too long too tedious no appreciation and this website design is not friendly at all. waste of time to answer so many questions. average is good and no more questions if you knows well and the website is really offending to be asked for so many questiosn.

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
    Questions were based on my resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!