Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat lengthy, but overall they moved quickly. It began with a Phone interview followed by several one on one, in person interviews with members of the team the applicant would work with. The last interview was a larger format interview with a panel of leaders at NY Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience, many questions about interpersonal workings: how do you work as a team, how do you handle difficult situations, when did you shine as a leader, what are your ambitions?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with a behavioral phone interview with an HR recruiter, who told me that in a few days I would be contacted by the hiring manager's secretary for a phone interview with the hiring manager. One or two weeks went by with no contact and no response to my follow-up, then I received an invitation for an on-site. Met with 5-6 people who asked a mix of behavioral and background/experience questions. It seemed to go well with positive feedback from interviewers. Followed up with HR a few weeks later and received no response. Followed up with the secretary who forwarded my email to the recruiter; finally received a response that the decision process would take a few weeks from then. Two months later and no update. No response to follow-up. Overall the worst experience I've had with HR from any workplace; really solidifies my original impression that the company does not care about candidates or its people, just the bottom line.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time where you had to find a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one and second interview was group panel. The interview was live in person. It wasn't to bad. If the boss likes you then the rest will root for you. Be confident and try and sell yourself. Tell them your background and why did you apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation?
      How do you handle Stress?
      What is your weakest trait?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Two days, Friday and Monday to close the deal.

Interview

I was contacted by the DM who had been given my resume by a DM in another territory. We talked and emailed back and forth about 5 times before my interview. The position was in another state so the interview was conducted over the phone. I shipped him my brag book a week ahead of time so he could study it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website, was contacted through email by hiring manager 5 days later. Went in for an all day interview 10 days later. Everyone on the team was knowledgable, friendly and straightforward about what it was like to work at Pfizer. Everyone seemed happy with the company overall.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on resume. One of the mangers asked me to explain the technology I would be working with. I was able to explain 75% confidently and kind of stumbled around the end. Was able to describe different ways the technology is employed 100%. That was the only part of the interview I really had trouble with.   Answer Question

Aseptic Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I applied online through the Pfizer website. Nine days later I received an email from the Lab Manager at Pfizer regarding setting up a time for an on-site panel interview the following week. The interview was rather straight forward. It started out with questions about my experience with my current employer then about an hour of behavioral/STAR questions. After the interview the Lab Manager gave me a quick tour of the lab area. Approximately a week later I received a phone call from the company recruiter offering me the position. There was a lot of waiting due to having to re-post the position at different levels and other administrative backups.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a total of about 8 questions, 30 seconds each that are asked via video recording.
    There's a section in the beginning for you to practice before the actual interview recording.

Interview Questions

• What skills and/or experience can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

There were several conversations with recruiter with relatively little technical contact and then phone and in-person interviews with the manager. The manager with the company spoke in a low-key manner and didn't ask much about details of my background. The agency didn't seem to want to know more than what's on my resume. I wasn't told much about their organization -- how some people don't get fixed stations but rather find places to work when they come in, that they use Windows system to provide username-password pairs for this Linux systems, that they are dependent on off-site managers for software support and communication.

Interview Questions

• What is your Linux system administration experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated through the recruiting agency. Recommendations? Ask for more. You might or might not

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. Two weeks later, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted for about 30-40min. About ~1.5 month later, I was invited for an onsite interview. The interview was from 830a-330p, with 7 one-on-one meetings, an job talk presentation, and lunch. Everyone was very nice and informative. There were lots of behavioral questions.

Institutional Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I was an in house employee. It was easy but full of political nonsense and people who kiss butt get promotions long before those who can actually make an impact. I have seen many people who deserve to be managers or get promotions, get turned down for those who are next in line or who are the higher ups' right hand men.

Interview Questions

• Nothing worth while. As I said, it will have a lot to do with the connections you have and not how competent you are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A