Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Temporary Employee, Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then received a phone call from a recruiter. After several days, I was selected for an interview in person at the company. I met with several project members for the interview. It lasted about 3 hours.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. It was over the phone. The interviewer asked about my skills and experiences. They asked about what I was studying at school and what courses I had taken. Wanted to know about my skills regarding Microsoft Office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Very intense, Digital Interview, then phone, then face to face and then another face to face interview. Mainly meet with the district manager and counterpart. Just be prepared for questions and ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions

• Very hard questions. Know your resume and why you want to work for the company. Also bring in your brag book.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat lengthy, but overall they moved quickly. It began with a Phone interview followed by several one on one, in person interviews with members of the team the applicant would work with. The last interview was a larger format interview with a panel of leaders at NY Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience, many questions about interpersonal workings: how do you work as a team, how do you handle difficult situations, when did you shine as a leader, what are your ambitions?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with a behavioral phone interview with an HR recruiter, who told me that in a few days I would be contacted by the hiring manager's secretary for a phone interview with the hiring manager. One or two weeks went by with no contact and no response to my follow-up, then I received an invitation for an on-site. Met with 5-6 people who asked a mix of behavioral and background/experience questions. It seemed to go well with positive feedback from interviewers. Followed up with HR a few weeks later and received no response. Followed up with the secretary who forwarded my email to the recruiter; finally received a response that the decision process would take a few weeks from then. Two months later and no update. No response to follow-up. Overall the worst experience I've had with HR from any workplace; really solidifies my original impression that the company does not care about candidates or its people, just the bottom line.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time where you had to find a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one and second interview was group panel. The interview was live in person. It wasn't to bad. If the boss likes you then the rest will root for you. Be confident and try and sell yourself. Tell them your background and why did you apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation? How do you handle Stress? What is your weakest trait?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Two days, Friday and Monday to close the deal.

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the DM who had been given my resume by a DM in another territory. We talked and emailed back and forth about 5 times before my interview. The position was in another state so the interview was conducted over the phone. I shipped him my brag book a week ahead of time so he could study it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website, was contacted through email by hiring manager 5 days later. Went in for an all day interview 10 days later. Everyone on the team was knowledgable, friendly and straightforward about what it was like to work at Pfizer. Everyone seemed happy with the company overall.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on resume. One of the mangers asked me to explain the technology I would be working with. I was able to explain 75% confidently and kind of stumbled around the end. Was able to describe different ways the technology is employed 100%. That was the only part of the interview I really had trouble with.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Online Application initial contact with company to show interest. Contacted by recruiter from Pfizer and arranged a phone interview with the recruiter. On site interview was set up with a panel of 6 team members who met with me in groups of 1 or 2. The interview was challenging.

Interview Questions

• Experience with innovation and establishing new methodology in regulated environment   1 Answer

Aseptic Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I applied online through the Pfizer website. Nine days later I received an email from the Lab Manager at Pfizer regarding setting up a time for an on-site panel interview the following week. The interview was rather straight forward. It started out with questions about my experience with my current employer then about an hour of behavioral/STAR questions. After the interview the Lab Manager gave me a quick tour of the lab area. Approximately a week later I received a phone call from the company recruiter offering me the position. There was a lot of waiting due to having to re-post the position at different levels and other administrative backups.