Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Medical Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer.

This is a very intense process getting through the recruiter, the hiring manager and 3 days of panel interviews of 2 people on each panel. They have people from different areas of the business such as marketing, medical and a panel on behavior questions so brush up on that. If you get past the panel interviews, you will be invited to onsite interviews. If you are not chosen for an onsite interview, you just don't hear from the company. If you are chosen for an onsite interview, you are only contacted if you are to be offered the position. You won't hear from them otherwise. It can be confusing because a great deal of time can elapse from one phase of interviews to another. You don't get feed back which can also be difficult in assessing why you are not moved ahead in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How to prioritize many high level projects. How do you get deal with people you don't really agree with or get along with.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

3 face to face interviews on same day, CFO, finance lead and financial analyst. Preceded by phone screen. Carry your photo id and go to the employee entrance. Do not be late.

Interview Questions
    • What does price and usage variance indicate   View Answer
    Negotiate for 10% more.

Research Scientist II Interview

On-site interview for the whole day. Followed by 1 hr long quantitative aptitude test. The response is pretty prompt and you will find out by end of the week of your interview if you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you planning to move into industry from academia?   View Answer

Ops Interview

Behavioral interview for internal colleagues. Alignment on vision and expected value of role. Depends on hiring manager. Core leadership behaviors are the focus of interview, accountability, decision making, integrity, etc.

Assistant Scientist Interview

I applied online to a job posting and was contacted a few weeks later. I went through a phone screen, then two weeks later had another phone screen. I was not offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really just went right through the resume you submitted to get more information on your experiences   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in August 2014.

Notified for a phone interview 3 weeks from application. Phone interview took approximately 30 minutes. Interviewer was clearly experienced and very professional. Questions were straight forward and not designed to be tricky in any way. I was clearly informed of what they were looking for and their time frame.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly probing for more information about resume. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

I applied for the intern position through my program's graduate center and was contacted via email to set up a phone screen within three weeks. A few days after completing the phone screen I was called back to set up two onsite interviews. The interviews were fairly standard and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions about requisite experience as well as scenario based questions   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Interview

Very stringent interview processes but it prepares you well for other large corporations. It really makes it easier to interview with smaller companies that don't have such strict and stringent interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant/Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pfizer.

Heard of opportunity. Pitched capabilities. Was interviewed by 4 different people. Were curious about my past history although it didn't relate to industry. Several interviewers seemed distracted. It wasn't what I expected. They seemed happy to accept the recommendation of the colleague that brought me in.

Medical Writer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   Answer Question