Pfizer

203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Writer Interview

Medical Writer

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Interview Details – Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Question – The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   Answer Question

Medical Writer Specialist Interview

Medical Writer Specialist
Collegeville, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three people on the conference call, supposed to be lasting for 30 min and going over the job reqs, respon, etc. There was hardly any time to get a clear picture of what they are looking for. They do want to recruit someone not to do writing, but to manage CRO writers from outside.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

Interview Details – too long too tedious no appreciation and this website design is not friendly at all. waste of time to answer so many questions. average is good and no more questions if you knows well and the website is really offending to be asked for so many questiosn.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
Questions were based on my resume.

Interview Question – What do you like about research?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Lasted around four months and seemed to be pretty unorganized. Should have communicated more with applicants to make it a transparent process. Feedback on reasoning could have also been more direct and helpful when not offered the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position through a newspaper posting. I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 people individually. The questions were fair, the conversation was easy, and made for a really good interfiew.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me was, was I will to travel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was much like the interview. The negotiation was painless and I started within two weeks.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – HR Generalist will have you meet with 3 executives (Hiring Manager, Scientist who you will not support, Friend who will you will not support), along with the person who is transitioning away from the position. You meet with them for a good 30 minutes asking questions that are not anything new.

At the end it will take two months for them to make their decision when they tell you ahead of time that they are seeking to hire immediately.

When they make the decision or not you will receive an automated email at midnight (when most of the world is resting).

Interview Question – "You have great experience, but why this role?"   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and then contacted by HR to set up a panel interview with three people, including the hiring manager, through tele-conference. Most questions are about my resume and a few behavior questions asked by the hiring manager. Received email in two weeks to schedule a F2F interview. A couple of days before the F2F, the hiring manager called me saying that they wanted to change all 1:1 interview with four people to a single panel interview for about 1.5 hours and I said ok. Felt bad at the onsite: (1) they did not even offer me a bottle of water or what so ever after I drove for about 1.5 hours to get to their office building; (2) I was bombarded with all different kind of behavior questions, which I personally think are very stupid - you want to hire someone who can act, not a person who can talk only, why are those questions relevant to a job? Emailed by HR two weeks later: sorry, the position has been filled internally. What a waste of time.

Interview Question – (1) Tell me a time when .... (2) how do you deal with tough people? and so on   Answer Question

District Business Manager Interview

District Business Manager

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – I only made it through one round of phone interviews. They already had someone selected for the position. I only received a "courtesy interview" due to my tenure and work history. The person hired for the job was a highly qualified candidate with management experience, so it made sense.

Interview Question – Describe your leadership style...   Answer Question

Biostatistics Intern Interview

Biostatistics Intern

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – Submitted Resume to Online Job Posting (careerlink).

Was emailed for a phone interview.

One week later was called for an In-Person Interview/Tour of the Facility. Spoke to the two people in my department for about 45 min to an hour each, then to the department boss for about 30 minutes. Typical interview questions, little bit of testing of my knowledge, then just general small-talk about the industry and the work.

Interview Question – Took out an actual case and asked me to describe what I saw and how I would interpret it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not offered a chance to negotiate.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!