Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Finance Intern Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Pfizer in December 2009.

First of all there is a very long IQ test which is about 150 questions. You have to ace it. Then there is a enligsh proficiency test if you are applying from a country where the native language is not english. You have to ace that too. Then you are interviewed 1 on 1 by a HR person. They are extremely cocky and arrogant. They think you need the job which makes you rethink why you even applied. Yes Pfizer is a great company in terms of revenues and market power but they have huge legal and moral issues as well. So they are far from perfect.
    Anyways, they expect you to be fully informed about the position you applied to. If its marketing, you should know how it is marketed why it is marketed that way how is the company ding etc. You have to know some of their products at least the biggest ones. You can't make stuff up because they try to corner you, and they will do that if they think you re lying even though you are not.
    They really are very good at concealing how the interview is going. They would make you think it is a disaster even though you are their prime candidate and doing very well. They wouldn't give you any feedback if you screw it up, despite the investment banks. I banks at least try to explain to you why they have gone the other way, why they think you are not a good candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think on your feet and decide?   Answer Question

I didn't like the vibe in the office. I think I would be miserable in a work environment like Pfizer. Too much arrogance for no reason, they really aren't that good. It's almost delusional.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

The guy was riding me! I'm a recent grad and he asks what i'd been doing since finishing school. When I responded "traveling" he said, "but you're unemployed! with what money are you TRAVELING with!" he also said with a sneer of mock, "you didn't put yourself through school?" etc... he obviously wanted to know whether or not i'm self-sufficient. I kept gracious and left the interview feeling absolutely defeated. I never flinched over the entire duration of the interview, but I did feel pretty crappy....but about a half hour after the interview ended, I was given a call and offered another interview.

Interview Questions
    • I see you live on 3rd street. What's your cross street??   View Answer
    • You're a recent grad. I've only hired two recent grads within in my ten years as a District Manager. I usually look for DEAN'S LIST and STUDENT ATHLETES (i have neither of these on my resume).   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2008.

got a call from HR and the phone screen lasted approximately thirty minutes. he asked me questions about my background, work experience, salary expectations, and he also told me about the position. After about two weeks I got called for a face to face interivew.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2009.

first i got call from HR to talk about education, experience, etc. Just 30 minutes. Just one minute for me to ask any question. One week later, HR sent a mail to confirm face-face interview.

Interviewed by 4 people(directors, one maybe is VP) from marketing and market analytics. very tough question, how you can manager 1 billion product? innovative thinking in Pharma marketing...

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in October 2009.

Very intense interviews with local DM and his manager. I've never had such an intense interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what would that be?   View Answer
    • Why have your numbers not consistently grown?   View Answer
    No, salary was not negotiable.

Therapeutic Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2011.

They took about 2 months to respond to the online application submitted. They then ask you to travel out of town at your own expense (which is reimbursable 3 months later) several times, put you through a grueling interview process consisting of at least 5 interviews and 1 field ride. After they offer you a job, they conduct your background check through HireRight (outsourcing company) which takes about 10 days to process. If you have any speeding tickets on your record, consider your offer null. I have had no DUI's, no accidents, and 2 speeding tickets which were received over 2 years ago, and they revoked the offer after the MVR came back.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Screen interview & flew me out to CO, which I assume was an end-of-year tax write-off for them. Was supposed to be a town car picking me up at the airport, which ended up being a mini van. During the f2f, the hiring manager said, "I wish you had more experience". Really? You couldn't have seen that on my resume? I then received an automated rejection email, and when I attempted to obtain feedback, they wouldn't give me any.

Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Pfizer.

I was contacted by a recruiter when hired by Pfizer in 2000. At one point, Pfizer did away with outside recruiters and went with in-house recruiters. I'm not sure how it's done now. The interview process was quite extensive, starting with a couple of interviews with the hiring manager, often with the assistance of a hospital or specialty representative. Once the choice has been narrowed down, the next interview is with the regional manager and/or assistant to the regional manager. The job offer is then made with the hiring district manager. This was in 2000 and I'm sure things have changed.

Interview Questions
    • My most unexpected, and consequently most difficult question, came from the assistant to the regional manager. This position is a temporary position for future district managers. His question was, "what don't you like about (hiring manager/future boss)?" And he made it clear that there had to be at least one answer, with a "no answer" not being acceptable. Pretty funny question in retrospect.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase consisted of whether or not I wanted to accept the position. There was no negotiation as the salary and benefits were exceptional.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer.

STAR interview. Be prepared with specific scenarios, (no general answers will be tolerated). Typically you have a phone screening followed by at least 2 more face-to-face interviews. Depending on who interviews you, you'll experience an array of styles- (good cop vs bad cop, engaged vs not engaged, etc.). They are trying to determine a few things during these interviews: 1) Do you have the capabilities they are looking for, for the role in which you are applying, 2) are you coachable?, 3) Are you a motivational fit, (will you stay if we hire you?), 4) Are you really interested in the role and will you require constant hand-holding? You must be professional, well spoken, politically correct, able to answer direct questions and handle push back without getting defensive, (it is the nature of the industry).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince a group of colleagues to go along with an unpopular idea but one you believed to be right.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pfizer pays great salaries from the word go.

IT Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview was in the context of an aquisition (I was part of one of the companies aquired by Pfizer). Because I didn't have a place in Pfizer, I had to apply to a internal job. Pfizer has an internal Job Posting system, where the employees can apply and I choose one that fit my objectives. It is a great tool for growing in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews consists in us giving examples of situations where we have acted (during the performance or our job) according to Pfizer values (integrity, owning the business, etc). Then they asked what could I have done better in each situation, and what I have learnt from the situation. My interview was extremely difficult, because there were many candidates and they wanted to find the best one.   Answer Question

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!