Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Computational Biologist Interview

A CV and cover letter was submitted. Eight mini interviews over the course of a day with a variety of scientists and a HR manager. It was a long and arduous day but the scientists were engaging, encouraging an interested and the HR manager asked some fairly standard questions.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Lasted around four months and seemed to be pretty unorganized. Should have communicated more with applicants to make it a transparent process. Feedback on reasoning could have also been more direct and helpful when not offered the position.

R&D Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Pfizer hires intern/ student part-timer thru contracting agency even if one apply there directly. As an intern, my supervisor and the entire team was very nice and patient in getting me up to speed. I learn a lot and am very grateful for the experience.

District Business Manager Interview

I only made it through one round of phone interviews. They already had someone selected for the position. I only received a "courtesy interview" due to my tenure and work history. The person hired for the job was a highly qualified candidate with management experience, so it made sense.

Director Interview

The interview process was very detailed. It started with multiple phone interviews, then an on-site visit with both individual and group interviews and a presentation. The process was very formal from the questions asked to the forms that the interviewers had to fill out.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more specific than anything I have ever been asked at any interview. At first I thought this was a sign of a very thoughtful process, but later it became a bit ridiculous. Some of the questions had absolutely nothing to do with anything I would do on the job, yet I was asked those questions anyway. If that is a tactic to get people to answer "off the wall questions" then fine. However, it makes me suspect that some of the HR formalities are completely out of touch with what is needed for the position. Some interviewers seemed desperate to fill in their worksheets.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

First they are inviting you to take a test which consists of English test and competency test. if you succeed it, they are inviting you for an interview with an HR specialist

Research Scientist Interview

got interview by recruiter. Very friendly HR, a lot technique questions from the hiring manager. However, the process is slow.

Director Interview

There was no hiring process as during the King/Pfizer acquisition, upper management decided who should stay and who should go. Not a very effective method as Pfizer never got the real picture of where the work was being done. Additionally, if there were strained relationships, that played into the decision as well

Systems Analyst Interview

I have not had a job interview at Pfizer in a very long time (personal choice), so I am unable to give a current, accurate, personal analysis as to what the interview process is like. However, I have spoken with others recently who *have* interviewed, all of whom generally agree that the format is the same (5 individual rather than collective interviews with questions like "if you were in this scenario, what would you do?" No surprises.

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, I cannot answer this question. Would be nice to know, as I plan on interviewing for a position shortly.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

It was a relatively short phone interview. There were no technical questions. They only asked about prior experience with the specific techniques that would be used. It was a phone interview done by two people who took turns asking basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!