Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Santiago (Chile)) in April 2011.

Interview

-Very focused on ethics. -Interviewed by Clinical Director, CRM, and HR. All interviews were face to face. Interviewers were very nice. -Had to take a personality test that took around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation that involved making an ethical decision?   1 Answer

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I had a lengthy phone interview with a representative who was from the Human Resources Department and who worked in a totally different location than where the position was. It was a fairly typical interview, with the HR person asking questions and I had time at the end to ask my questions.

Interview Questions

• How I could manage a team for a site that was closing.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was not very structured coming straight out of college. The interviewers were great and it was easy to strike up a conversation. Overall the process was pretty laid back but effective at learning about the candidates for in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you were challenged and how did you overcome this   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 1.5hrs. I interviewed with the Senior Scientist first. The lab group's focus was described to me followed by a description of the position I was applying for. Then we chatted about my job experience, interest, education and what I hoped to gained from the position. After speaking with the Senior Scientist who ran the lab I spoke with the next person in command. We also went over pretty much the same topics. The interview process was really laid back. I felt like they just wanted to get a gist of who I was and if they liked my personality.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to relate past skills to this position?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Sanford, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

A negative to the interview process is that after several times interviewing for different positions, it seems that they already know who they wanted prior to the interviews. One thing that I think has helped me in the process is reaching out to the hiring manager and asking some questions,

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

HR pre-screening phone interview to basically assure you have the qualifications listed (20min). Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager for specific questions on experience, career goals and what I would contribute (20min) - they want to see what your ideas are, what you plans are. They want you to be proactive and hungry for the chance to join them. This was followed by a full day on-site interview with a research talk, meeting with all the department managers and department head. Basically, will you fit in, does anyone see any red flags and are you trying to impress them. They throw HR in there to get a face to face psychological review - you can't want it too much or you'll be a risk. But they do want you to have your own goals, your own reasons for why this job would be good for you (other than the pay, benefits and rep). Overall, professional and useful.

Interview Questions

• What would be my solution to a very specific research project issue (multi-parameter optimization)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Very intense, Digital Interview, then phone, then face to face and then another face to face interview. Mainly meet with the district manager and counterpart. Just be prepared for questions and ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions

• Very hard questions. Know your resume and why you want to work for the company. Also bring in your brag book.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat lengthy, but overall they moved quickly. It began with a Phone interview followed by several one on one, in person interviews with members of the team the applicant would work with. The last interview was a larger format interview with a panel of leaders at NY Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience, many questions about interpersonal workings: how do you work as a team, how do you handle difficult situations, when did you shine as a leader, what are your ambitions?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Initial phone interview (generic screening), followed by Assessment Centre (numerical and verbal reasoning tests, group tasks and opportunities to chat with other candidates and staff) and then an Individual Interview (competency and technical based questions). All in all a quite enjoyable experience which was made easier by the people conducting the interviews. They were excellent in making me feel at ease.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Many HR format type questions, expect to interview with multiple people, people are friendly and you can often get feedback after interviews if you are not successfully hired. I was interviewed by several people in the department including management and colleagues and also by someone who was outside the department.