Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

District Business Manager Interview

I only made it through one round of phone interviews. They already had someone selected for the position. I only received a "courtesy interview" due to my tenure and work history. The person hired for the job was a highly qualified candidate with management experience, so it made sense.

Biostatistics Intern Interview

Submitted Resume to Online Job Posting (careerlink).

Was emailed for a phone interview.

One week later was called for an In-Person Interview/Tour of the Facility. Spoke to the two people in my department for about 45 min to an hour each, then to the department boss for about 30 minutes. Typical interview questions, little bit of testing of my knowledge, then just general small-talk about the industry and the work.

Interview Questions
    • Took out an actual case and asked me to describe what I saw and how I would interpret it.   Answer Question
    I was not offered a chance to negotiate.

Institutional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pfizer.

Pfizer sometimes uses an employment service to do screening interviews. I was able to skip this step with my experience level. Expect a phone interview of one hour or so and if you pass the next step would be a live interview with the hiring manager and maybe another manager there for a second opinion. Chosen candidate would interview with regional manager to make sure nobody made a glaring error and hopefully you will receive their full blessing. Very formal interview as far as going "by the book" with questions, although the interviewer for me was a new manager with little interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Like many companies, Pfizer is very big on using the STAR method and you won't get far in the interview process without being prepared here.   Answer Question

Summer Student Worker Interview

I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the controversy surrounding pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in May 2014.

Referred by an employee and got 30 min phone interview after one week. Talk with two hiring managers through phone and got the offer after one week. The interview is mainly focus on my CV, discussed my previous experience and the projects I had done before. Most of the questions are techniqual questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are all based on my resume, most questions are technique questions. Discribe the projects I had done before.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied for this position online. And after couple of weeks, I got email for requesting a telephone interview. The interview is about 15-30 mins. After this interview,there is no response whether I got rejection or next step. After waiting for three weeks, then I send email to ask the results.

Senior Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Submitted resume through networking to a senior level manager and was sent an interview request. Interviewed with senior director, three functional managers, and HR recruiter.

I was not able to negotiate salary.

R&D Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Pfizer hires intern/ student part-timer thru contracting agency even if one apply there directly. As an intern, my supervisor and the entire team was very nice and patient in getting me up to speed. I learn a lot and am very grateful for the experience.

R & D Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer.

the process wasn't too bad. 30 minute interview just talking about my background. know your research experience and everything on your resume related to that pretty well. it honestly depends on who is interviewing to decide what level of knowledge you need to have. just be yourself and show interest and excitement regardless of what you know already.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, you should know what's coming if you know your background well enough and what about it is most relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Through recruiter, had one phone interview and one on-site interview

No much negotiation.