Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Pfizer in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by HR to set up a phone pre screen, and then contacted about three weeks later by hiring manager for another phone conversation. About 4 weeks later I was invited for an on site interview. The on site interview lasted an entire day, followed by dinner.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Institutional Sales Representative Interview

Institutional Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Pfizer sometimes uses an employment service to do screening interviews. I was able to skip this step with my experience level. Expect a phone interview of one hour or so and if you pass the next step would be a live interview with the hiring manager and maybe another manager there for a second opinion. Chosen candidate would interview with regional manager to make sure nobody made a glaring error and hopefully you will receive their full blessing. Very formal interview as far as going "by the book" with questions, although the interviewer for me was a new manager with little interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Like many companies, Pfizer is very big on using the STAR method and you won't get far in the interview process without being prepared here.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

Interview Details – Have to submit/apply for positions through the company website, although current employees can recommend you and if you get hired, will receive a referral bonus. For the most part, the questions will are behavioral-based questions, looking for examples of times when you demonstrated a given behavior in the past. Questions are best answered in the "STAR" format (Situation-Task or Action-Result), so that you most efficiently and completely convey your experience. Listen to the question and answer the question being asked. Be prepared! Take initiative to learn about the position, talking to current employees or customers, this all shows interest and demonstrates that you do want the position. Be sure to ask for what you want at the conclusion of the interview, which means understand what the next step is and ask for to be a part of that. Follow-up quickly and specifically - email is good because it allows you to follow-up quickly, but you might also consider a hand-written note (in-addition to email).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you set a goal for your self, but failed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary range is based on your experience. make sure your resume accurately depicts applicable experience.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – I applied for this position online. And after couple of weeks, I got email for requesting a telephone interview. The interview is about 15-30 mins. After this interview,there is no response whether I got rejection or next step. After waiting for three weeks, then I send email to ask the results.

Summer Student Worker Interview

Summer Student Worker

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a drug screen.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the controversy surrounding pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Senior Supervisor Interview

Senior Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through networking to a senior level manager and was sent an interview request. Interviewed with senior director, three functional managers, and HR recruiter.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary.

R&D Intern Interview

R&D Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Pfizer hires intern/ student part-timer thru contracting agency even if one apply there directly. As an intern, my supervisor and the entire team was very nice and patient in getting me up to speed. I learn a lot and am very grateful for the experience.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

Interview Details – went through an agency 3 different times, got job of fourth try. Difficult

Interview Question – since this was to be a temp position with no hopes of a permanent job, it makes no sense as to why they ask where I expect to be in 5 years.   View Answer

R & D Intern Interview

R & D Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – the process wasn't too bad. 30 minute interview just talking about my background. know your research experience and everything on your resume related to that pretty well. it honestly depends on who is interviewing to decide what level of knowledge you need to have. just be yourself and show interest and excitement regardless of what you know already.

Interview Question – nothing really, you should know what's coming if you know your background well enough and what about it is most relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was established through a current employee, where I submitted a resume. One interview took place roughly a month after initial contact. The PI I interviewed with was friendly and engaged.

Interview Question – After describing the research problem their group was trying to tackle (with which I had no experience), the PI asked how I would approach the problem   Answer Question