Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Director, Global Medical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively long on the day of the actual interview, with 6 people for ~1 hr interviews from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm with only very short breaks. However, everyone interviewing me was nice, friendly, interested and also asked well thought out questions. You should be prepared with behavioral interview answers since they all did ask behavioral questions. I prepared for about 2 weeks prior, both for the behavioral questions as well as understanding Pfizer (the company) and the therapeutic area, so that I could ask pertinent questions. I also came prepared to ask questions of them to determine if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a particularly challenging project or goal to achieve...   1 Answer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. My first interview was a phone screen with the District Business Manager which lasted about 25 minutes. Two weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview over lunch with the District Business Manager and one of his counterparts. My final interview was with the Regional Sales Manager the following week. I received the verbal job offer a week and a half later and the written offer 3 days after that. Be VERY well prepared throughout the entire interview process. Pharmaceutical sales is a very competitive and difficult industry to get into so there's a lot of competition. You will be asked several behavioral questions. Make sure you share testimonials about how one of their prescription drugs has helped you or a relative and/or share testimonials of how Pfizer's over the counter medications have helped you feel better (i.e. Advil, Robitussin, Emergen-C, etc). Brag books are very important to reference during your interview. They help set you apart from other candidates and show a documented track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pfizer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in pharmaceutical sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring manager started the Initial interview. Nothing unexpected. Asked about my past projects, my PhD thesis, and career plan in the next five year. The questions about my research were very technical.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Was called by plant HR who scheduled the on site interview. Interview consisted of three back to back 45 minute interviews with various MFG. managers. Mostly behavioral questions and a few bio process questions involving bio-reactors and elementary process questions. Went on a brief plant tour and was very impressed with the site. Received offer 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a chemostat and turbidostat.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

attended ashp midyear. using their pps system, I went through 3 rounds of interviews followed by a reception. The conversation was extremely pressure free as if we were longtime friends. the fellows and preceptors were extremely nice. I felt welcome and already part of the team

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when things didnt go your way and you had to make a sudden change   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position in early October. The Monday before Thanksgiving, I was received an email request for a phone screen, which took place the day before Thanksgiving. That went well, and I was asked in for an in person interview taking place about two weeks later. The interview was conducted in a two person meeting room. I was told that three other candidates were also being interviewed in other meeting rooms, and the interviewers were moving between the rooms. The interview questions consisted entirely of work related questions, and they were entirely of the "tell me about a time when you..." variety. I met with 6 people across 4 hours, and I was taken to lunch in the cafeteria in the lobby level by the hiring manager and a potential colleague. The interviews went well, and I was asked back to meet the VP for an informal discussion over coffee in the Starbucks in the lobby. He chose not to ask any interview style questions, but instead we had a freewheeling somewhat directionless conversation. I wasn't prepared for this, and were I faced with the same situation again, I would be sure to have a few points in mind that I wanted to emphasize. The meeting was supposed to be 30 minutes, but last an hour, and it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What are the three things that you are best at doing?   1 Answer

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 1.5hrs. I interviewed with the Senior Scientist first. The lab group's focus was described to me followed by a description of the position I was applying for. Then we chatted about my job experience, interest, education and what I hoped to gained from the position. After speaking with the Senior Scientist who ran the lab I spoke with the next person in command. We also went over pretty much the same topics. The interview process was really laid back. I felt like they just wanted to get a gist of who I was and if they liked my personality.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to relate past skills to this position?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, but contact to hiring manager through contacts got things rolling. Phone interview with hiring manager and members of the team. Invitation to an on-site interview two weeks later, consisting of a talk and meetings with groups one or two people throughout the entire day (14 meetings total!). Collection of internal and external references the next 2 weeks. Great: received detailed feedback to what the references said.

Interview Questions

• Design an optimal therapy approach if you had unlimited resources.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

One on-site interview, the manager talked my past work experience and gave me an office tour. They wan to know you schedule and how you want to work with the company. If you are really interested in the life science industry, it will be a big plus.

Manager, Market Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I had one interview on campus and then was called to HQ for 4 interviews. Then I had my summer internship, then 4 interviews at end of summer. Then 4 interviews in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about something you learned in a particular class (from many years ago)?   Answer Question