Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

recruiter phone screen, Manager Phone interview, face to face interview. I posted online for multiple positions in my area, I interviewed over several months for different positions that I qualified for...I also had 3 different interview processes. I interviewed for one position and got to a face to face, but was not hired. Next, I was contacted to phone screen for another position, but did not progress in that process. Final position, I phone screened, then interviewed face to face and was ultimately offered the position. Received a verbal offer, then received a written offer. I accepted the offer electronically.

Interview Questions

• mostly star questions from interview guide, but also interviews not on the interview guide   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Human resources gave a phone interview for about 10 or 15 mins. then proceeded with face to face interview with line manager, next would be the sr manager but i didn't make it that far.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of office politics that could happen, if someone gave you work that should not be yours, what would you do?   Answer Question

GFS Accounting Interview

Interview

Friendly, easy interview. Phone interview followed by office visit. Panel phone interview. Very transparent about when will hear back, what happens next, etc. Interview hosted by employees in the field, not necessarily Human Resources employees, which was nice.

Asset Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but not very intimidating. The interviewers were very nice and accommodating. Overall the process was a nice experience. Each interviewer was a given a set of questions to ask. Plenty of time was given to answer the questions correctly.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty run of the mill - people always have the appearance of being too busy and too important. But once you scratch the surface, what they are doing is not all that hard or challenging. You're interviewing someone and subsequently being the face of your company - tone it down - Pfizer is not a secret society or high end golf club.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill questions - mainly situation analysis, for example 'Give me an example of when you have to manage stakeholder expectations? ' Most difficult question - It is a question that I asked the Pfizer manager interviewing me, 'Do you feel that your skills have grown during your tenure at Pfizer that subsequently allows you to be much more valuable player at other Pharma companies or in other industries?'   Answer Question

Culture

Engineering Coop Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The process was very easy. I was interviewed by three senior managers from the department that I applied. They were very friendly and nice. The hiring process took a little bit long, but I love to work there. It was such nice experience.

Director, Global Medical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively long on the day of the actual interview, with 6 people for ~1 hr interviews from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm with only very short breaks. However, everyone interviewing me was nice, friendly, interested and also asked well thought out questions. You should be prepared with behavioral interview answers since they all did ask behavioral questions. I prepared for about 2 weeks prior, both for the behavioral questions as well as understanding Pfizer (the company) and the therapeutic area, so that I could ask pertinent questions. I also came prepared to ask questions of them to determine if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a particularly challenging project or goal to achieve...   1 Answer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. My first interview was a phone screen with the District Business Manager which lasted about 25 minutes. Two weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview over lunch with the District Business Manager and one of his counterparts. My final interview was with the Regional Sales Manager the following week. I received the verbal job offer a week and a half later and the written offer 3 days after that. Be VERY well prepared throughout the entire interview process. Pharmaceutical sales is a very competitive and difficult industry to get into so there's a lot of competition. You will be asked several behavioral questions. Make sure you share testimonials about how one of their prescription drugs has helped you or a relative and/or share testimonials of how Pfizer's over the counter medications have helped you feel better (i.e. Advil, Robitussin, Emergen-C, etc). Brag books are very important to reference during your interview. They help set you apart from other candidates and show a documented track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pfizer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in pharmaceutical sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring manager started the Initial interview. Nothing unexpected. Asked about my past projects, my PhD thesis, and career plan in the next five year. The questions about my research were very technical.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Was called by plant HR who scheduled the on site interview. Interview consisted of three back to back 45 minute interviews with various MFG. managers. Mostly behavioral questions and a few bio process questions involving bio-reactors and elementary process questions. Went on a brief plant tour and was very impressed with the site. Received offer 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a chemostat and turbidostat.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation