Pfizer

Average Difficulty
203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Question – What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Through recruiter, had one phone interview and one on-site interview

Interview Question – Behavior questions and examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – I interviewed a total of three times before being offered the job. First, there was a telephone interview. Then, an interview with an Administrative Assistant, and finally, an interview with the hiring manager. When I was hired I had to take a physical on the Pfizer campus and take an assessment test at a nearby employment agency. It was quite a detailed process but well worth it.

Interview Question – I was asked to name my weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a smooth negotiation process.

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed. It started with multiple phone interviews, then an on-site visit with both individual and group interviews and a presentation. The process was very formal from the questions asked to the forms that the interviewers had to fill out.

Interview Question – The questions were more specific than anything I have ever been asked at any interview. At first I thought this was a sign of a very thoughtful process, but later it became a bit ridiculous. Some of the questions had absolutely nothing to do with anything I would do on the job, yet I was asked those questions anyway. If that is a tactic to get people to answer "off the wall questions" then fine. However, it makes me suspect that some of the HR formalities are completely out of touch with what is needed for the position. Some interviewers seemed desperate to fill in their worksheets.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Used the classic STAR interview method:Situation, Action, Result....

Interview Question – Tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview about 1.5 months later followed by a 1:1 with DM the next week. References, background check, driving history etc. a couple of weeks later together with field ride. Notification that a candidate had been chosen a couple of weeks later.

Interview Question – Standard STAR based questions. Nothing unusual or unexpected. Research the company and why you want to work for Pfizer and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Initially communicated by phone response, then scheduled an on-site interview lasting about 8 hours. Very friendly employees and a non-intimidating feel to the interview. Questions were all very fair, and not pressured to get an appropriate response. Day actually went by fast.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in __# of years?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Corporate Affairs Interview

Assistant Director Corporate Affairs
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – My initial hiring process was basically pro-forma as I was the preferred candidate of the hiring manager, who prepared my way through the process.

Interview Question – I faced no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Director QA Interview

Director QA

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – The interview process was very intensive with numerous people. It was very organized and they included various departments and levels in the process. The people were not aggressive and listened intently to answers. There was a lot of CV review during the interview which was repeated with each person. The people were knowledgable about Pfizer and how the role would fit.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Applied for the entry-level position through the website and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone screening. About a week after that, I was contacted by the DM for a face-to-face interview. The process was fairly routine with the STAR format being used for all questions. Lack of pharmaceutical sales experience was brought up multiple times, which I felt was odd for an entry-level position.

Interview Question – Standard STAR format - nothing unusual or unexpected   Answer Question