Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

R & D Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer.

the process wasn't too bad. 30 minute interview just talking about my background. know your research experience and everything on your resume related to that pretty well. it honestly depends on who is interviewing to decide what level of knowledge you need to have. just be yourself and show interest and excitement regardless of what you know already.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, you should know what's coming if you know your background well enough and what about it is most relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Through recruiter, had one phone interview and one on-site interview

No much negotiation.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Medical Writer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Three people on the conference call, supposed to be lasting for 30 min and going over the job reqs, respon, etc. There was hardly any time to get a clear picture of what they are looking for. They do want to recruit someone not to do writing, but to manage CRO writers from outside.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer.

I interviewed a total of three times before being offered the job. First, there was a telephone interview. Then, an interview with an Administrative Assistant, and finally, an interview with the hiring manager. When I was hired I had to take a physical on the Pfizer campus and take an assessment test at a nearby employment agency. It was quite a detailed process but well worth it.

Interview Questions
    It was a smooth negotiation process.

Director Interview

The interview process was very detailed. It started with multiple phone interviews, then an on-site visit with both individual and group interviews and a presentation. The process was very formal from the questions asked to the forms that the interviewers had to fill out.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more specific than anything I have ever been asked at any interview. At first I thought this was a sign of a very thoughtful process, but later it became a bit ridiculous. Some of the questions had absolutely nothing to do with anything I would do on the job, yet I was asked those questions anyway. If that is a tactic to get people to answer "off the wall questions" then fine. However, it makes me suspect that some of the HR formalities are completely out of touch with what is needed for the position. Some interviewers seemed desperate to fill in their worksheets.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pfizer.

Used the classic STAR interview method:Situation, Action, Result....

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not get along with?   Answer Question
    N/A

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

Applied online. Phone interview about 1.5 months later followed by a 1:1 with DM the next week. References, background check, driving history etc. a couple of weeks later together with field ride. Notification that a candidate had been chosen a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard STAR based questions. Nothing unusual or unexpected. Research the company and why you want to work for Pfizer and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2014.

Applied online and then contacted by HR to set up a panel interview with three people, including the hiring manager, through tele-conference. Most questions are about my resume and a few behavior questions asked by the hiring manager. Received email in two weeks to schedule a F2F interview. A couple of days before the F2F, the hiring manager called me saying that they wanted to change all 1:1 interview with four people to a single panel interview for about 1.5 hours and I said ok. Felt bad at the onsite: (1) they did not even offer me a bottle of water or what so ever after I drove for about 1.5 hours to get to their office building; (2) I was bombarded with all different kind of behavior questions, which I personally think are very stupid - you want to hire someone who can act, not a person who can talk only, why are those questions relevant to a job? Emailed by HR two weeks later: sorry, the position has been filled internally. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Tell me a time when .... (2) how do you deal with tough people? and so on   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Initially communicated by phone response, then scheduled an on-site interview lasting about 8 hours. Very friendly employees and a non-intimidating feel to the interview. Questions were all very fair, and not pressured to get an appropriate response. Day actually went by fast.