Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied for this position online. And after couple of weeks, I got email for requesting a telephone interview. The interview is about 15-30 mins. After this interview,there is no response whether I got rejection or next step. After waiting for three weeks, then I send email to ask the results.

Senior Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Submitted resume through networking to a senior level manager and was sent an interview request. Interviewed with senior director, three functional managers, and HR recruiter.

I was not able to negotiate salary.

R&D Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Pfizer hires intern/ student part-timer thru contracting agency even if one apply there directly. As an intern, my supervisor and the entire team was very nice and patient in getting me up to speed. I learn a lot and am very grateful for the experience.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

went through an agency 3 different times, got job of fourth try. Difficult

Interview Questions
    • since this was to be a temp position with no hopes of a permanent job, it makes no sense as to why they ask where I expect to be in 5 years.   View Answer

R & D Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer.

the process wasn't too bad. 30 minute interview just talking about my background. know your research experience and everything on your resume related to that pretty well. it honestly depends on who is interviewing to decide what level of knowledge you need to have. just be yourself and show interest and excitement regardless of what you know already.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, you should know what's coming if you know your background well enough and what about it is most relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

Initial contact was established through a current employee, where I submitted a resume. One interview took place roughly a month after initial contact. The PI I interviewed with was friendly and engaged.

Interview Questions
    • After describing the research problem their group was trying to tackle (with which I had no experience), the PI asked how I would approach the problem   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Through recruiter, had one phone interview and one on-site interview

No much negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pfizer.

I interviewed a total of three times before being offered the job. First, there was a telephone interview. Then, an interview with an Administrative Assistant, and finally, an interview with the hiring manager. When I was hired I had to take a physical on the Pfizer campus and take an assessment test at a nearby employment agency. It was quite a detailed process but well worth it.

Interview Questions
    It was a smooth negotiation process.

Director Interview

The interview process was very detailed. It started with multiple phone interviews, then an on-site visit with both individual and group interviews and a presentation. The process was very formal from the questions asked to the forms that the interviewers had to fill out.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more specific than anything I have ever been asked at any interview. At first I thought this was a sign of a very thoughtful process, but later it became a bit ridiculous. Some of the questions had absolutely nothing to do with anything I would do on the job, yet I was asked those questions anyway. If that is a tactic to get people to answer "off the wall questions" then fine. However, it makes me suspect that some of the HR formalities are completely out of touch with what is needed for the position. Some interviewers seemed desperate to fill in their worksheets.   Answer Question