Pfizer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014
209 interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Applied online. Phone interview about 1.5 months later followed by a 1:1 with DM the next week. References, background check, driving history etc. a couple of weeks later together with field ride. Notification that a candidate had been chosen a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard STAR based questions. Nothing unusual or unexpected. Research the company and why you want to work for Pfizer and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Initially communicated by phone response, then scheduled an on-site interview lasting about 8 hours. Very friendly employees and a non-intimidating feel to the interview. Questions were all very fair, and not pressured to get an appropriate response. Day actually went by fast.

Assistant Director Corporate Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

My initial hiring process was basically pro-forma as I was the preferred candidate of the hiring manager, who prepared my way through the process.

Director QA Interview

The interview process was very intensive with numerous people. It was very organized and they included various departments and levels in the process. The people were not aggressive and listened intently to answers. There was a lot of CV review during the interview which was repeated with each person. The people were knowledgable about Pfizer and how the role would fit.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Applied for the entry-level position through the website and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone screening. About a week after that, I was contacted by the DM for a face-to-face interview. The process was fairly routine with the STAR format being used for all questions. Lack of pharmaceutical sales experience was brought up multiple times, which I felt was odd for an entry-level position.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer.

STAR interview. Be prepared with specific scenarios, (no general answers will be tolerated). Typically you have a phone screening followed by at least 2 more face-to-face interviews. Depending on who interviews you, you'll experience an array of styles- (good cop vs bad cop, engaged vs not engaged, etc.). They are trying to determine a few things during these interviews: 1) Do you have the capabilities they are looking for, for the role in which you are applying, 2) are you coachable?, 3) Are you a motivational fit, (will you stay if we hire you?), 4) Are you really interested in the role and will you require constant hand-holding? You must be professional, well spoken, politically correct, able to answer direct questions and handle push back without getting defensive, (it is the nature of the industry).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince a group of colleagues to go along with an unpopular idea but one you believed to be right.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pfizer pays great salaries from the word go.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in September 2011.

It was a pleasant and easy interview process for me. I guess part of the reason is because it is a contract job and people come in or go more often than a full-time job. But the interviewers were very nice and candid to me. I felt at ease from beginning to end.

Very easy, I got what I asked for. But maybe it was because I didn't ask for much.

Organic Chemist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview was very easy with friendly staff, they spent most of the time explaining to me the specifics of the position and place that I would be working in. They left a lot of time for me to ask questions, so have questions ready. First, I interviewed over the phone and the hiring manager said that I was the only one he could understand properly, so be eloquent on the phone.

Instrumentation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barceloneta, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barceloneta, PR

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Very simple interview, first with HR Generalist, then Supervisor and last one with Hiring Manager. Process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Review all interview questions and be prepare to talk about technical skills   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Met five supervisors - two appeared to have enthusiasm as a snake, two were enthusiastic, and one was comatose

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are laid-off one week, and rehired a week later?   View Answer

Lack trust in the immediate supervisory personnel