Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Consultant/Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Heard of opportunity. Pitched capabilities. Was interviewed by 4 different people. Were curious about my past history although it didn't relate to industry. Several interviewers seemed distracted. It wasn't what I expected. They seemed happy to accept the recommendation of the colleague that brought me in.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Interview

Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Questions

• The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Lasted around four months and seemed to be pretty unorganized. Should have communicated more with applicants to make it a transparent process. Feedback on reasoning could have also been more direct and helpful when not offered the position.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

HR Generalist will have you meet with 3 executives (Hiring Manager, Scientist who you will not support, Friend who will you will not support), along with the person who is transitioning away from the position. You meet with them for a good 30 minutes asking questions that are not anything new. At the end it will take two months for them to make their decision when they tell you ahead of time that they are seeking to hire immediately. When they make the decision or not you will receive an automated email at midnight (when most of the world is resting).

Interview Questions

Interview

I only made it through one round of phone interviews. They already had someone selected for the position. I only received a "courtesy interview" due to my tenure and work history. The person hired for the job was a highly qualified candidate with management experience, so it made sense.

Biostatistics Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted Resume to Online Job Posting (careerlink). Was emailed for a phone interview. One week later was called for an In-Person Interview/Tour of the Facility. Spoke to the two people in my department for about 45 min to an hour each, then to the department boss for about 30 minutes. Typical interview questions, little bit of testing of my knowledge, then just general small-talk about the industry and the work.

Interview Questions

• Took out an actual case and asked me to describe what I saw and how I would interpret it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not offered a chance to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for this position online. And after couple of weeks, I got email for requesting a telephone interview. The interview is about 15-30 mins. After this interview,there is no response whether I got rejection or next step. After waiting for three weeks, then I send email to ask the results.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2014.

Interview

Referred by an employee and got 30 min phone interview after one week. Talk with two hiring managers through phone and got the offer after one week. The interview is mainly focus on my CV, discussed my previous experience and the projects I had done before. Most of the questions are techniqual questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all based on my resume, most questions are technique questions. Discribe the projects I had done before.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Pfizer sometimes uses an employment service to do screening interviews. I was able to skip this step with my experience level. Expect a phone interview of one hour or so and if you pass the next step would be a live interview with the hiring manager and maybe another manager there for a second opinion. Chosen candidate would interview with regional manager to make sure nobody made a glaring error and hopefully you will receive their full blessing. Very formal interview as far as going "by the book" with questions, although the interviewer for me was a new manager with little interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Like many companies, Pfizer is very big on using the STAR method and you won't get far in the interview process without being prepared here.   Answer Question

Summer Student Worker Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the controversy surrounding pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question