Pfizer

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

It was a relatively short phone interview. There were no technical questions. They only asked about prior experience with the specific techniques that would be used. It was a phone interview done by two people who took turns asking basic behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2013.

I was interviewed over the phone for the Nutritional Science Student Worker position. I applied online at the end of March, via Atrium Staffing. I heard back from Pfizer telling me that I was to schedule a phone interview on April 30. The woman on the phone was who would be my boss had I landed the job. She was kind and informative, but lacked knowledge regarding the timeline/logistics of the process.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer wanted me to stress why I applied for this particular nutritional sciences position, when my major is economics (minoring in nutrition).   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2013.

HR will call You and will schedule a meeting with the hiring manager. Then, after a slot confirmation, Hiring manager will contact You. The questions being asked will surround primarily around the Resume. Since, the position is not a specialized one and related to entry level student, the interview process is ought to be easy. However, please make sure that You know about each and every word You have mentioned on the Resume. If You are selected, then they will let You know pretty soon, however, after a wait of 2 weeks You can revet back to HR personnel for the update.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt asked any difficult question, as the position is temporary.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

The interview went very well. Met very intelligent people.

Lab Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

Submitted application on-line. Called by recruiter ~2 weeks later to set-up phone interview. Recruiter then set-up a phone interview with the Area Head the post reported to. Invited to a full day of on-site to give a seminar and be interviewed. It was a very long day, but enjoyable and informative. Everyone I dealt with was very pleasant, highly professional and clearly smart. In brief: seminar, several 1:1 discussions with area head throughout the day, six or seven 1:1 discussions with peers, senior colleagues (area heads, COO) and personnel, lunch with more junior, but very experienced staff and dinner with peers and area head.

I really enjoyed my visit and the opportunity to speak with all involved. I was not offered the post, which was no surprise as my expertise and experience were not the best match. It was however a bit irritating that I had to initiate contact 4-weeks later to find out if I was being considered further. I also asked for feedback, but that was not forthcoming either. Kind of a shame they let themselves down a bit at the end as all other aspect of this process were first rate, even though I was not for them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual or sinister. All very straight forward. Questions from all concerned were based on my experience and to determine if I may or may not be a good fit for the post.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

I applied through posting on my school's career site; 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Pfizer's staffing partner company to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manger; had a 30-min phone interview with the manager; then an on-site visit (he told me more about the proposed project details, showed me around the lab and introduce me to his boss); got notification of offer the day after the on-site visit.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was very interested in the details of my previous research projects.   Answer Question

-A better offer from a competitor company (more interesting science, better benefits)

Formulation Interview

a scientist will interview you and then others scientist will interview you by phone. next step, he will give you a phone and let hr people know it,. HR will call you and email you to arrange the appointment for interview. You will go on site meeting and interview. very interesting experience.

Sample Coordinator Interview

Phone interview, person to person, round table

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years, next ten years?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

I have not had a job interview at Pfizer in a very long time (personal choice), so I am unable to give a current, accurate, personal analysis as to what the interview process is like. However, I have spoken with others recently who *have* interviewed, all of whom generally agree that the format is the same (5 individual rather than collective interviews with questions like "if you were in this scenario, what would you do?" No surprises.

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, I cannot answer this question. Would be nice to know, as I plan on interviewing for a position shortly.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

It was one of the MOST professional and relaxed interviews I have every had. The first set of interviews was done over the phone, and it lasted an hour. There were alot of technical "how-to" questions,. Then when I physically had a face-to-face, it was more of "situationa" questions, a how of the "what-if's".

Interview Questions
    • They were asking what an icon is on certain screens in the software that was being used, thankfully I used that software so it was a no-brainer.   Answer Question
    It was all spelled out in the offer letter, what my salary would be (I was happy with it), the number of shares it would be getting.