Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer.

First, HR called me and asked some behavior questions, such as what's your achievement last year? Then, I set up a conference call with the team about me all technical questions, such as projects I have done and also gave a case study question.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2012.

went through a contract vendor. process took almost 3-4 weeks

Contract Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2012.

The interviewer was nice but the their offices seems very empty since the LOE. They only hire contractors now and the manager who interviewed me said he did not know what the company's next move in primary care sector.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I round of telephonic interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
    Questions were based on my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Met five supervisors - two appeared to have enthusiasm as a snake, two were enthusiastic, and one was comatose

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are laid-off one week, and rehired a week later?   View Answer

Lack trust in the immediate supervisory personnel

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Asked basic knowledge about antibody. What is the structure, how to draw it on the board.
    Some questions about PCR. If some reactions doesn't work, how will you fix it.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in December 2011.

This was a pretty easy interview. My interviews were laid back and easy to talk to. They also seemed to care about their employees. My interview consisted of meeting with two supervisors and they asked questions about my qualifications. I also asked them my questions about the position and then they took me on a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

I got a better job offer somewhere else.

Sales - Hospital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2011.

I interviewed with Pfizer this week. The manager received my resume from me applying online for the position. I previously worked for Pfizer for more than 10 years and was excited about the opportunity of coming back due to being downsized in 2009.

The interview was with the hiring district sales manager and a senior representative. They had a list of questions they mainly worked off of and put in some of their own. One of the questions they asked was if you could have dinner with 6 people dead, alive or in the future, who would each of the 6 be and why? The other questions they asked were all situation....except the hiring DM asked me what year I graduated from college and how long I lived in the city I was living in. I felt a more appropriate question should have been - do you have a college degree. Does an interview really have to know the year? Or do they do this just to figure out how old you are? I just found it to be not appropriate at all.

I did appreciate though the hiring DM did not leave me hanging and called me the next day to say he decided to go with another candidate for the position. I do have a couple other opportunities I am interviewing for and 1 offer on the way so I appreciated not wondering long if they were going to pursue me. At the time of the interview the hiring manager did tell me to block a certain day for a follow up interview, then expect an offer after that. So with him being so positive I was expecting good news, but at the end of the day - how do you really know what they are looking for?