Pfizer

Updated Nov 2, 2014

Sales - Hospital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2011.

I interviewed with Pfizer this week. The manager received my resume from me applying online for the position. I previously worked for Pfizer for more than 10 years and was excited about the opportunity of coming back due to being downsized in 2009.

The interview was with the hiring district sales manager and a senior representative. They had a list of questions they mainly worked off of and put in some of their own. One of the questions they asked was if you could have dinner with 6 people dead, alive or in the future, who would each of the 6 be and why? The other questions they asked were all situation....except the hiring DM asked me what year I graduated from college and how long I lived in the city I was living in. I felt a more appropriate question should have been - do you have a college degree. Does an interview really have to know the year? Or do they do this just to figure out how old you are? I just found it to be not appropriate at all.

I did appreciate though the hiring DM did not leave me hanging and called me the next day to say he decided to go with another candidate for the position. I do have a couple other opportunities I am interviewing for and 1 offer on the way so I appreciated not wondering long if they were going to pursue me. At the time of the interview the hiring manager did tell me to block a certain day for a follow up interview, then expect an offer after that. So with him being so positive I was expecting good news, but at the end of the day - how do you really know what they are looking for?

Medical Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2011.

One Interview with 4 people at the same time, Mostly will be based on the personal traits and skills, analytical skills and team player qualities

Interview Questions
    • What will you do when you get a task and you know that it would not be possible to finish by you before deadline time?   View Answer
    Work Location

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2011.

Interviews were based on group panel interviews. You had to meet with regional Marketing Director, Market analytics, Regional RML role. All director roles that you directly would report to or dotted line report to. Questions are based on examples of specific marketing outcomes with metrics.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you created a marketing campaign from insight to execution?   View Answer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

Phone , dm, the with regional and dm and then called with offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me or your success..when asked if work success or personal...whAtever you want   View Answer
    Not really they raised my salary from last company and was inline with exp., ect

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

The communications and the organization of the interview was excellent. I received a packet about Pfizer and the interview schedule. Pfizer also booked the hotel for my stay. People were friendly, both during the presentation and during the interview. Overall, a good experience, would have been better if I had been offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • If the compounds you have in mind, do not work out, what are the alternatives you have in mind?   View Answer
    • What conflicts did you have with your team members in your previous job, and how did you resolve them?   View Answer

Administrative Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2011.

I was referred by a former colleague. The interview process (from start to finish) was quick and smooth. I had 2 days face-to-face interviews with 4 people and a phone interview with HR and within a week I was offered a job. The person (ultimately would be my boss) welcomed me and I found him to be very personable. We had a very clear honest discussion about our expectations, my dislikes and likes in the job I would be hired to do and to provide administrative support to him. He showed me around the office and laboratory set up, and introduced me to his direct reports. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and excited to meet me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected question(s) asked. The interviewers only concern was that the prospective candidate is a team player and works well with everyone.   Answer Question
    The HR representative I spoke with was very accommodating and she assured me that the salary is competitive for my years experience. In our salary negotiation, I told the HR representative that my previous company's compensation included employee stock purchase plan, stocks, bonus, annual raise, and education reimbursement which Pfizer does not offer (ESPP/Stocks & bonus) to their employees whose title is less than a Director. The negotiable base salary offer was generous which she was able to match without ESPP/stocks and bonus.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2011.

It was a pleasant and easy interview process for me. I guess part of the reason is because it is a contract job and people come in or go more often than a full-time job. But the interviewers were very nice and candid to me. I felt at ease from beginning to end.

Very easy, I got what I asked for. But maybe it was because I didn't ask for much.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

Have to submit/apply for positions through the company website, although current employees can recommend you and if you get hired, will receive a referral bonus. For the most part, the questions will are behavioral-based questions, looking for examples of times when you demonstrated a given behavior in the past. Questions are best answered in the "STAR" format (Situation-Task or Action-Result), so that you most efficiently and completely convey your experience. Listen to the question and answer the question being asked. Be prepared! Take initiative to learn about the position, talking to current employees or customers, this all shows interest and demonstrates that you do want the position. Be sure to ask for what you want at the conclusion of the interview, which means understand what the next step is and ask for to be a part of that. Follow-up quickly and specifically - email is good because it allows you to follow-up quickly, but you might also consider a hand-written note (in-addition to email).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal for your self, but failed.   View Answer
    Salary range is based on your experience. make sure your resume accurately depicts applicable experience.

Ruminant Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

I submitted my resume online and about 2 weeks later had an unexpected phone call from HR where they proceeded to go into a phone interview. HR rep was unable to answer my specific questions about the spin-off of Pfizer Animal Health and type of travel requested. Never received any more follow-up after that call.
    If you receive an unexpected call, arrange for a phone meeting later so that you have time to prepare. The call is a screening about your skills - don't expect to be able to ask them about details around the position.

Information Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peapack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peapack, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2011.

2 phone interviews- 1 behavourial and 1 technical by the manager. Explain projects in the resume