Pfizer

Updated Feb 16, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

It was one of the MOST professional and relaxed interviews I have every had. The first set of interviews was done over the phone, and it lasted an hour. There were alot of technical "how-to" questions,. Then when I physically had a face-to-face, it was more of "situationa" questions, a how of the "what-if's".

Interview Questions
    • They were asking what an icon is on certain screens in the software that was being used, thankfully I used that software so it was a no-brainer.   Answer Question
    It was all spelled out in the offer letter, what my salary would be (I was happy with it), the number of shares it would be getting.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2013.

Phone screen to assess your sales ability

Interview Questions
    • What are you analytical skills, and how to use the data?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Each individual department is responsible for hiring its own summer interns. The summer intern hiring process begins with submitting a resume into a general pool. What then happens is HR representatives will look over your experience and then forward your resume to the departments they think you will be able to contribute to. The departments will then contact you for a phone interview and then make their final decisions. The interview is usually conducted by whoever will be your direct manager.

The interview is mostly based on your resume with a few "fit" questions sprinkled in. It definitely seemed heavily focused on whether or not my past experience would enable me to contribute to the proposed intern project.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experience working on [project xyz] will translate to our [proposed project]?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Pfizer.

First, HR called me and asked some behavior questions, such as what's your achievement last year? Then, I set up a conference call with the team about me all technical questions, such as projects I have done and also gave a case study question.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2012.

went through a contract vendor. process took almost 3-4 weeks

Contract Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2012.

The interviewer was nice but the their offices seems very empty since the LOE. They only hire contractors now and the manager who interviewed me said he did not know what the company's next move in primary care sector.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I round of telephonic interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
    Questions were based on my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Met five supervisors - two appeared to have enthusiasm as a snake, two were enthusiastic, and one was comatose

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are laid-off one week, and rehired a week later?   View Answer

Lack trust in the immediate supervisory personnel

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.