Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Senior Internal Auditor
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pfizer in December 2008.

Interview Details – I had an extremely easy entry process. At my MBA program's on campus career fair, Pfizer had a booth and I just happened to talk to them due to the fact that the recruiter grabbed me and wanted to chat with me. I had great pre-MBA work experience (big IT Consulting firm) and after chatting for a few minutes, I was told that I'd be contacted for an interview. I had a quick phone screen with one of the managers and was invited for an on-site interview at NY HQ. I had three interviews, one with a audit manager, one with an audit director and one with a senior director, all on the Finance side.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an auditor? Truth be told, I wasn't overly interested in auditing, per se, but rather, much more interested in traveling the world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $105,000, a $20,000 bonus and a $3000 lump sum relocation payment and my goods were moved to NY. I was given a schedule to accept my offer. The sooner I accepted I would get 100% of the bonus. As time passed, my bonus dwindled. I accepted soon after receiving the offer.

Intern Interview

Intern
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – First, HR called me and asked some behavior questions, such as what's your achievement last year? Then, I set up a conference call with the team about me all technical questions, such as projects I have done and also gave a case study question.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Interview Details – Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Question – Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

Interview Details – I round of telephonic interview

Interview Question – few question being asked on technical skills   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

IT Helpdesk
Groton, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process for multiple roles within the company were pretty seemless, questions were direct concerning the role, IT manager's I've encountered that day were very pleasant. If the manager didnt feel you were able to fulfill the role, he would provide me with suggestions to prepare to try again, certifications, education.

Interview Question – Questions arose relative to specific scenarios or equations which meant you had to come up with a resolution on the spot.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy going. They asked a lot of personnel questions, what my stregnths were and what my interest were outside of school. they seemed very interested in my writing ability and my excel skills.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter sent me to temp while the president interviewed for An admin. After 1 week he asked me if i wanted the job and I said yes. He sent me to HR where they offered me candy while pretending to interview me. I had the job.

Interview Question – Do you want the job.   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in October 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and got email from HM two weeks later to make appointment for phone interview. One week after phone interview got invitation for onsite interview. Onsite was from 8am-4pm, including presentation and 1:1 meeting with 10 people in groups of 2 and 30min each group. All people are very friendly. Overall, a good interview experience. Received offer one month later.

Advice: be well prepared for each step: phone interview, onsite presentation, and 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move from academia to industry? (especially for people stay in academia for long time)   View Answer

Contract Research Assistant Interview

Contract Research Assistant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was nice but the their offices seems very empty since the LOE. They only hire contractors now and the manager who interviewed me said he did not know what the company's next move in primary care sector.

Interview Questions

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR for 30 minutes. Three 45 minute interviews with team in round 2. Round 3 last interview with VP for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Are you a leader, influencer, or connector?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Good offer.