Pfizer

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Interview Details – Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Question – Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in August 2009.

Interview Details – The process depends on the department you work for. Some interviews are very casual. Other groups will try to simulate the environment you will work in. Some interviews are in front of panels. Make sure you talk to the hiring manager in advance so you know what format you will interview in.

Negotiation Details – Very difficult. I found HR to be condescending. Ultimately I got what I wanted, but it is not easy.

Collegeville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was a legacy-Wyeth employee who applied on line during the 60 days preceding my layoff. I was contacted by another Wyeth person who had been retained (a Director) and we discussed my accomplishments in my previous role. A couple of days later I was invited in for a "cattle call". A director from New York came down to meet with each applicant individually. She was 1/2 hour late for the interview and her attitude was rather smug. She acted as though she were just going through the motions. I later found out from an insider that all Wyeth applicants had been interviewed for the job but it was really just a show to make those who remained with the company feel that Pfizer was making an effort. The job went to an individual in New York.

Interview Question – Describe your greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen led to 1:1 interview. Everything was conducted in a timely, professional manner. Asked about background as well as strengths/weaknesses types of questions.

Interview Question – Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2011.

Interview Details – Process consisted of 2 telephone interviews and 1 site interview with hiring manager and site staff. Telephone interviews were with HR and the hiring manager.

Very Difficult Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2008.

Interview Details – got a call from HR and the phone screen lasted approximately thirty minutes. he asked me questions about my background, work experience, salary expectations, and he also told me about the position. After about two weeks I got called for a face to face interivew.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in August 2008.

Interview Details – Definitely be prepared for a behavioral interview. Make sure you answer using the STAR method: Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – somewhat - got 3 instead of 2 weeks vacation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pfizer

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees and interview candidates.