Pfizer

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in August 2014.

Notified for a phone interview 3 weeks from application. Phone interview took approximately 30 minutes. Interviewer was clearly experienced and very professional. Questions were straight forward and not designed to be tricky in any way. I was clearly informed of what they were looking for and their time frame.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were mainly probing for more information about resume. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2012.

Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2010.

I was a legacy-Wyeth employee who applied on line during the 60 days preceding my layoff. I was contacted by another Wyeth person who had been retained (a Director) and we discussed my accomplishments in my previous role. A couple of days later I was invited in for a "cattle call". A director from New York came down to meet with each applicant individually. She was 1/2 hour late for the interview and her attitude was rather smug. She acted as though she were just going through the motions. I later found out from an insider that all Wyeth applicants had been interviewed for the job but it was really just a show to make those who remained with the company feel that Pfizer was making an effort. The job went to an individual in New York.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in August 2009.

The process depends on the department you work for. Some interviews are very casual. Other groups will try to simulate the environment you will work in. Some interviews are in front of panels. Make sure you talk to the hiring manager in advance so you know what format you will interview in.

Very difficult. I found HR to be condescending. Ultimately I got what I wanted, but it is not easy.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

Phone screen led to 1:1 interview. Everything was conducted in a timely, professional manner. Asked about background as well as strengths/weaknesses types of questions.

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2011.

Process consisted of 2 telephone interviews and 1 site interview with hiring manager and site staff. Telephone interviews were with HR and the hiring manager.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in August 2008.

Definitely be prepared for a behavioral interview. Make sure you answer using the STAR method: Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about working with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to get around a company policy   Answer Question
    somewhat - got 3 instead of 2 weeks vacation

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2008.

got a call from HR and the phone screen lasted approximately thirty minutes. he asked me questions about my background, work experience, salary expectations, and he also told me about the position. After about two weeks I got called for a face to face interivew.